Why we wear protective clothing

KyberAuZ

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough.. but doesn't that happen to most people every month?

Should have seen my back when i played airsoft in a vest, and rushed the enemies base.. was like i'd lay on a bee hive.

EDIT: Most people meaning airsoft people.

When I first saw that video, before reading the full post, I was thinking to myself "what a moron, it is people like that which cause problems for this sport".

After reading the full post, and realizing what it was about I actually must applaud the guys who did it, and I will be using it in my shop as a way of showing people the importance of protective clothing.

I am a yank (sorry, hehe) so I do not know what the fps regulations are in the UK, but around here we have some strictly followed ones that seem "liberal" to some people who view them. With a 350fps max limit on CQB fields, and no minimum engagement distance, I think everyone can see that protective clothing is required (full face masks are required on those fields, with neck protection), but it is our outdoor velocity limits that get people excited.

Outdoor/field games are limited to 400fps with .20g Bbs for anything in a assault rifle role and with a 20 foot "bang rule" that provides a minimum engagement distance. SAW/DMR are limited to between 400-450fps with 0.20g BBs and have a 50 foot minimum engagement distance since they both are full auto capable. SAW gunners are required to fire in bursts of 6-9 rounds, allowing players to not be hosed from head to foot everytime a SAW opens up, DMR are limited to low cap magazines only and only allowed full auto fire in a defensive fire situation. Sniper weapon systems are limited to single shot/semiauto and have a 100 foot minimum engagement distance, requiring them to carry a sidearm/backup weapon below 350fps for close support/defense. Sniper muzzle velocity is allowed between 451-600fps with 0.34g BBs, anything chroning above 550 and the shooter is warned to observe his minimum distances or be banned from the fields on the FIRST offense.

I am thinking seriously about lowering the sniper velocity regulations for the simple reason that it is extremely high in my opinion, but there are some guns out there which fire this hot with very little modification (Tanaka M40A1 with 6.01mm tight bore barrel firing at 585fps with 0.34g BBs on standard green gas and with stock valves, our team sniper's weapon for example), so any opinions would be greatly appreciated on this.

When I just had received my TM Hi-Capa I was having the pleasure of shooting at the naked butts of two of my buddies but that was in a safer setting...They asked for it, and hey...how can you deny such a request :P?

Well, it depends...

Two female friends: can we wiggle our bare arses at you?

Sledge: Hells yeah!

Two hairy-arsed blokes: can we wiggle our bare arses at you?

Sledge: Only if I can release the rabid pitbulls on you. Now go away and never enter my presence again.

:zorro:

My main issue with that video is that the guy seems so keen to allow himself to get shot at if it means his bad-*albatross* ripped bod' will get on teh interweb! :rolleyes:

Goes without saying that they're yanks. ;)

So your issue is what exactly?

I'm not quite clear on how someone 'allowing themselves to get shot' has anything to do with their nationality or where they come from.

what an asinine statement. Especially coming from such a supposed highly respected individual such as yourself.

When I first saw that video, before reading the full post, I was thinking to myself "what a moron, it is people like that which cause problems for this sport".

After reading the full post, and realizing what it was about I actually must applaud the guys who did it, and I will be using it in my shop as a way of showing people the importance of protective clothing.

Thanks Dees, I think that's what their whole objective was.

People as stupid as this deserve to be shot 28 times in the back with a REAL Glock 18C. Agree?

Ohh, the stupidity! Tehehehekekeke. But seriously, let's take away their guns~all of them. I smell police auction! (The airsoft police. Ya know, like Shao14.)

Kekekeke ^_^ . Retards; I just can't stand people like this.

Although I agree completely with wearing protective clothing while playing airsoft. The dudes in the video are bloody retards. All I need to do to convince the noobs to wear a full-mask and a neck scarf is to show them some pics from our site showing some of the injuries you get for not having the proper protection and they understand right away.

This is from one of our female team member, after taking a burst on the neck after the bleeding stopped.

post-1465-1132289724_thumb.jpg

I actually wear just goggles, but I wear a neoprene ski-maskish thingy. It protects my face and neck, but it good coz I don't get the aiming problems you get with a hard-plastic mask. A pretty good solution for those of you with AK47's complaning about not being able to aim? ;)

When I say neoprene; I mean like the stuff on dive-suits~It's strong enough so that I won't get hurt.

PS:Sorry if this is a hack-jobery, but I just had painkillers and I feel woozie. <Damn dentist!>

Cheers,

~Matthew

IDK man, seeing you call them retards for shooting the guy at close range, and he never bled, then you show a picture of a Female team member w/ a burst to the head/neck AFTER it stopped bleeding. I think you guys are more 'bloody retards' to let that happen.

To answer the question... NO. W/ the propper FULL seal goggles, that are ansi rated, there is no need to go further to protect yourself. Just make sure your field holds true to a 5-10ft surrender rule.

Ive worn just a tshirt before, and bled from multiple shots, ya know how, retards blindfiring from 5ft and under at me. This was a out of state game, this would never happen where I play though.

then you show a picture of a Female team member w/ a burst to the head/neck AFTER it stopped bleeding. I think you guys are more 'bloody retards' to let that happen.

Video: bunch of spacks shooting each other on purpose

Skirmish incident: an unfortunate accident.

I think you're a "bloody retard" aswell, you *fruitcage* tit.

Video: bunch of spacks shooting each other on purpose

Skirmish incident: an unfortunate accident.

I think you're a "bloody retard" aswell, you *fruitcage* tit.

QFTFT! The guy is just a spac who wnted to get on the internet. Nothing more.

Acidents happen in skirmishes do not forget as all conversations should be talking UK limits you couold skirmish in toga and goggles.

QFTFT!  The guy is just a spac who wnted to get on the internet.  Nothing more.

Acidents happen in skirmishes do not forget as all conversations should be talking UK limits you couold skirmish in toga and goggles.

Oh God...

Animal House 2, Now Featuring MORE Drunken Frat Boys, this time, with Airsoft Guns!

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

No you would call the British Brits ;) (or was your point) As far as I know there is not realy a widely used slang word for English.

Limey?

From back in those good old days when we ruled the world and gave all our sailors limes to ward off scurvy.

I'm not quite clear on how someone 'allowing themselves to get shot' has anything to do with their nationality or where they come from.

what an asinine statement. Especially coming from such a supposed highly respected individual such as yourself.

Well, it is the fact that these types of videos only come from America. Honest, unfortunate but true.

Ever see "Jack-*albatross*" on TV?

Where's that show from again?

Sorry but you guys DO have prior on this charge.

Seeing guys who look like Red Hot Chilli Peppers fans doing stupid stuff IS an overwhelmingly american passtime.

Don't moan at me about it. Turn of the TV when Jack-*albatross* comes on and don't go to see the movie or buy it on DVD.

What you've got is a situation where a bunch of morons filmed themselves doing stupid stuff and a nation applauded them for doing it.

And now you wonder why people associate that kind of idiocy with americans?

I dunno.

I really can't think of any dodgy stereotypes which apply to brits.

Bad teeth?

Tea drinking?

Thing with yanks is that, like it or not, you DO have a bunch of characatures in the eyes of foreigners.

There's the fat yank. He's the guy sitting in an italian restaurant demanding a cheeseburger while wearing a loud shirt.

There's the loud yank. She's the one sitting in the back of a cab driving through Paris and complaining that the shops in New York are better.

There's the yank driver. He's the one with a 1970s Buick which is 5 inches shorter than the Exxon Valdize and does about the same MPG.

There's the yank soldier. He's the one who shoots pretty much anything that moves and then tosses a grenade in as well, just to be sure.

There's the yank teen. He's the one who thinks it's cool to get shot with an airsoft gun.

Let me be clear: I'm fully aware that NONE of these stereotypes are anything other than a tiny minority of the population but they ARE, nevertheless, valid characatures which ARE, unfortunately, usually Americans.

If somebody shows me a video of Michael Moore sitting in the Shanghai Hilton demanding a Quarter-Pounder then it doesn't do much for my perception of yanks. In the same way, when I see a bunch of kids reinforcing my existing stereotype about the "Jackass culture" in the USA then don't take it up with me. Take it up with them.

I judge people on merit. Let me be clear about that. I honestly have no blanket dislike of any yanks, asians or europeans on this forum. But, when I see yanks acting like knobbers expect to take a ribbing over it. It's not meant as a direct insult. It's just.... taking the mickey.

As I say, I honestly can't really think of many brit stereotypes.

I did used to know a fighter-pilot who had a huge handle-bar mustache and who used to talk in a posh accent.

If anybody posted a video of him explaining how "The bally bandit came right out of the sun, what? Anyway, I turned the kite on a penny and soon gave him what for!" then I guess I'd groan about how he was making brits out to be muppets but I'd take it in good humour.

And, yes. He did used to refer to his Tornado GR3 as a "kite". :rolleyes:

if the americans are called yanks, than what would we call the englsih? Brits?

Brits

Redcoats (Since we are going "Back in History" I thought i'd put that one out there :P)

Terries? (Although not directly related at brits, they were british supporters in the BRITISH american continent.... sooo... uhhh... hmm...)

I think some of the americans on this board see that as kind of a slap in the face, being called yanks. Nothing wrong with it, its simply implying our national spirit, which at the moment couldnt be any lower!! However there are some users on this forum who find it a personal point to go out and assault american ways of life and i find that much disturbing. As much as i dislike the president, i must say that I am still an american and fit very few of the stereotypes brought against americans. It my just be my stupid "Ignorant American Attitude" but its very annoying at times.

To my one trip to London and Paris i must say the treatment of foreigners is amazing. The Brits seem like a nice grp of ppl, although sometimes these boards dont reflect that :P By the way I will hopefully be returning to Britain to finish my tour of the Castles starting with Dover (the one castle i saw from the town of Dover, darn tour agencies)

ON TOPIC:

No ammount of cursing, swearing, and hissing will ever describe how much I hate fools like this. I must say that even though my friends and I "test" the pain of an airsoft gun in our backyards its rarely more then 1 shot, and it is never frownd appon. I live in a neighborhood of old people so its kinda scarey at times :P

However:

)(&!@)#*(&@!)#*&!@)#*(&!@)#(*&!)@($)!@(*#&)!@(#&!)@#()(*& MORONS does have a tendency to describe quite well my fealings...

(PS I doubt airsoft can be banned legally in the US, you could always appeal it to the Court system for being unconstitutional, although not legally a firearm, they are treated as such by most of the legal systems, and crimes with them are treated as cases with a deadly weapon so therefor it is protected by the constitution. That and what stupid *albartroth* mom would appeal to their congressman or senator to have Airsoft Banned when paintball is clearly more dangerous?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

Archived