Battlefield 2:SF Brit Voices

Dead58

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Curls his REAL handle-bar mustache and speaks in a very heavy Welsh accent*

(My apologies for any of you offended by what I'm about to say...)

Right then!  If only I had a pound for everytime those Yanks tried to imitate us, wot wot.  Why, I'd be able to live more lavishly than that ol' Gates fellow and maybe buy that lovely country home up in Cornwall (my family is from there).  Well, look at the time; tally-ho and such, I've got a luncheon back in London with some twit my daughter's engaged to.  So long, and God save the Queen!"

None of that sounds welsh, and cornwall is the southern-most mainland county in the UK...

That would be far too sensible for a computer game! If they did something like that they might have to balance the blackhawk!

Um, so what if the blackhawk is better than the other transport helos? The MEC attack helicopter is leaps and bounds better than the USA and Chinese ones...

The game IS balanced. Some vehicles are better than others... some guns on either team are better than others. For instance the US guns are usually less powerful than the MEC and PLA ones, but their sniper rifle owns things.

Just cause the Marines get the best transport in the game is NOT something to cry about.

Also, doesn't the PLA/Iraqi one have like 3 machineguns? One in the back in addition to the doorguns...

Um, so what if the blackhawk is better than the other transport helos? The MEC attack helicopter is leaps and bounds better than the USA and Chinese ones...

The game IS balanced. Some vehicles are better than others... some guns on either team are better than others. For instance the US guns are usually less powerful than the MEC and PLA ones, but their sniper rifle owns things.

Just cause the Marines get the best transport in the game is NOT something to cry about.

Also, doesn't the PLA/Iraqi one have like 3 machineguns? One in the back in addition to the doorguns...

nah, it's just irritating in the levels where you don't get all the stuff (e.g. that one that's in a city and each side gets their transport helo) which makes it irritating. US can just hover on a point in the blackhawk, slaughter everyone with miniguns and then bugger off <_<.

I do agree that it is overall pretty balanced :)

EDIT: nope, the MEC/PLA choppers only get 2 PKM's.

Hmm... maybe I was wrong, who knows.

It would be a bit ###### to put M60s or M2s onto the UH60s really. The minigun just... GOES with the damned SH60.

Hey, at least they decided to drop the hardpoint wings and FFAR launchers...

Why dont they put the MEC chopper as an MI-24 anyway? with door mounted machine guns and rockets. then it would be realistic use and let you give the blackhawks a couple of rockets . the helo in the game is the eastern equivalent of a chinook more than anything else.

I was waiting for a "jolly good show" and " Lets get a cup of tea"

fortunitly they left them out -_-

I'm waiting for the BF2: Streets of Staines expansion.

'Respect'

'Aiiiiiiiiiii'

'Wicked shot blud' etc

lol that'll be after the "Belfast streets of rage" expantion

btw the blackhawk does seem extremely overpowered in certain levels

especialy if there are no other other aircraft on that map...

oh dear god.........

Really chaps, those voices are bloody terrible But then again it is battlefield 2 and so its the 13 year old child version of war.

To those of you who bought the said game, shame on you.

Now, i'm off to get a cup of tea and a digestive biscuit to contemplate why we ever gave those dam americans a country..........

(the above comments are only meant as a joke and in keeping with this thead)

There needs to be a Japan team, with this as their main battle tank.

http://www.animegalleries.net/img/23899

Ah! Ghost in the shell. I'm not sure anyone needs a tank that gets bored & goes off and picks flowers though. Mind you they are slightly reminiscent of the tank in the original Hitch Hikers Guide.

Marvin speaks to tank:

So your a top of the range state-of-the-art tank are you?

Yeah, yeah, Yeah!

I bet you can't hit that pillar.

*Boom* (pillar evaporates)

Nah, that could have just been a lucky shot. Bet you can't hit that one.

*Boom* (pillar explodes, bridge collapses taking tank with it)

Stupid Tank.

To be fair to any overseas members reading this, we do all speak like that, but we just don't like being made fun of. Wot wot.

All I have to say to that is LOL :D i dont really think Britts sound like that, i should know im mostly American but i do have a bit of a Britt accent though.(my dad is mostly Brittish)

PEACE:ChrisS

Just bear in mind there are 3 different voices for each side in BF2.

The commander, Squad-Leader and basic squaddie. The upper class one is the officer naturally.

That said though a part of me died when someone said "Why are all the voices British?"

Don't forget, members of the british SAS can come from anywhere in the commonwealth. So, if they wanted they could have had them talking like Fijians or New Zelanders.

How about doing it in ned accents?

'There's a f**in enemy vehicle ower yonder, ye s**t-heided p**k!' - Enemy vehicle spotted

'Gies yin o' they health packs, ye f**in p**k!' - I need a medic

'Oi wan*er, gies a f**in lift!' - Requesting pickup

'Aye, nae probs, f**kface' - Roger that

'Nae f**in chance' - Negative

'Get yer f**in a**es ower here' - Requesting backup

'Ah, yer a wee gem' - Good work, men

'F**in gies they bullets ya bawbag!' - Need ammo

'Stab they p**ks, by the way! Gie em the pure f**in malky!' - Attack the enemy position

How about doing it in ned accents?

'There's a f**in enemy vehicle ower yonder, ye s**t-heided p**k!' - Enemy vehicle spotted

'Gies yin o' they health packs, ye f**in p**k!' - I need a medic

'Oi wan*er, gies a f**in lift!' - Requesting pickup

'Aye, nae probs, f**kface' - Roger that

'Nae f**in chance' - Negative

'Get yer f**in a**es ower here' - Requesting backup

'Ah, yer a wee gem' - Good work, men

'F**in gies they bullets ya bawbag!' - Need ammo

'Stab they p**ks, by the way! Gie em the pure f**in malky!' - Attack the enemy position

What chav says "Over yonder"?

Damn, Americans and Canadians do have a warped view of us.

Aussies

"hey look theres a funny bugger in a ute coming" - Enemy vehicle spotted

"Oi someone get me a bloody bandaid i cut my hand on this can" - I need a medic

"can yer give us a hitch mate?" - Requesting pickup

"no *fruitcage* problem mate" - Roger that

"*fruitcage* off you drongo" - Negative

"oi bruce get off you're *albartroth* and give us a hand" - Requesting backup

"thats was bloody grouse lads" - Good work, men

"hey someone pass me another beer" - Need ammo

"right lets go and *fruitcage* the bastards!" - Attack the enemy position

Archived