My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Well, it's nearly Christmas! A time to laugh and joke, to sing and... who am I trying to kid? I hate this time of year, it always makes me irritable and angry. And that tends to spill into other areas, so I vent my anger on something totally unrelated. Now, I figure other people might have this problem to, so I figured this thread might be a good way to deal with it. In here, let's mouth off about things that bug us (without getting too serious) and hopefully stop us flaming each other in serious topics. Ok? Well, here goes:

Umbrellas! Why? "So I don't get wet," is the answer we're given. But it's BS. If you don't want to get wet either stay inside or wear a coat. Umbrellas are useless. Also, they're too big and tend to stab people. This annoys me. Especially when one person is carrying a golf umbrella big enough to shield a small village. It doesn't matter that everyone else has to walk in the road or have their eyes removed. No, as long as the selfish **** is dry, that's all that matters. Gits.

*Phew* I feel better for getting that off me chest. Anyone else got a rant?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umbrellas. Agreed. Every other weekend I play airsoft, often in the p*ssing rain, and get soaked through. Do I use an umbrella? No. I don't even wear waterproofs. Oh no. Sometimes, I won't wear anything at all (NOTE: This statement is not necessarily true).

Getting wet doesn't stop me, but then again I'm well 'ard, see. But come on, a little rain never hurt anyone. 'cept Noah. And he's dead.

----------------------------------

Another pet hate, and a related one, is waterproof trousers. Why, oh why, do people buy these, besides giving them as unwanted Christmas presents? "Ooh look deary, you can use these at your soft-air matches!". Erm, no you can't, because they rub together and are LOUD! You berk.

Waterproof trousers: Just say no!

Another pet hate, and another related one, is airsofters who try to wear waterproof trousers.

See also: Trying to do a stealth-based RAF Cadet night-ex with someone wearing waterproof trousers.

Final rant is about colds. I have one. Grrrrr...

Then again, it's an ideal excuse to gorge Halls Soothers (blackcurrant flavour, of course) in the middle of school classes, much to the annoyance of teachers. It's also an excuse to cough in the middle of one of my headmaster's talks. Oh yes - fun fun fun!

That's another one: cough mixture. Is there one tat actually works? No. What happens is this:

1: Get a cough.

2: Take cough mixture.

3: Experience relief for ooh, say two minutes?

4: Realise mixture has worn off and you can't take any more for four hours.

5: Decide in future to spend same money on ice-cream.

Lousy international drug companies...

Hmmmm, never been much for ranting - I guess I'm pretty content. Things I don't get along with though, include...

The rat-race

Work 9 to 5 every day from the end of your childhood until the end of your useful life - your ONLY life, and you gave it away to someone richer, just for the money to be able to live for those years.

Most Anti-Gun lobbies

I say most because the ones I object to are the ones that try to achieve their aims by scaring the public and spouting lies. Some lobbies have a very good point and are argued well, but they are let down by those who have low moral values.

People who do things half-a**ed

If you're going to do something, do it properly or don't bother. Words to live by, but words that seem to have escaped more and more people as the years roll by. Like 20 year olds who still can't spell or write correctly in their native language, people who drive in the middle lane of the motorway, stuff like that. If more people put thought and effort in to what they were doing, we'd all be a lot happier. :)

Hyper-Capitalism

This sort of "If there's money out there - I'm getting my share" attitude that is growing at a rapid rate. For example, Mobile phone logos and ringtones. There is no shortage of companies willing to sell you any logo or ringtone you want, even though they are often not the original artist or creater of the media. These are expensive, but people spend millions on them each year. Why can you not get the software to make the logos yourself? Why do the sellers put copy-protection on midi ringtones, even though the same midi track can be found on free-midi web-sites without the protection? These should be free and would be if these companies were not around. We don't need to make profit from everything we do. Companies who give special offers to new customers but not to their loyal ones, also qualify under this heading.

...and stuff like that. :)

NOTE: None of these rants are directed at any members of the Arnie's Airsoft establishment

Pet Hate: The posted speed limit is 55 MPH, not 35 MPH you twats - that pedal on the right makes it go

Why the *beep* do you have to ride your damned snowmobiles at 3AM down the damned streets - and why am I not allowed to string piano wire across the street, you disturb my precious sleep, that's more than enough reason to "impede" your snowmobiling in my book

What the hell is the fascination with heavy bass speakers in cars.. Do you realize that your car sounds like a rolling war zone?? If I can hear it over 500 feet away, then there's a problem, especially at 3 in the morning, do you have any idea how many people that you're waking up actually have guns?? The world doesn't center around you, you stupid piece of *beep*. I hope you enjoy your hearing loss..

similar rant - what motivates people to spend $2000 on speakers to put them in a $500 car, do you even realize that your car looks like a giant vibrator and that there are parts falling off?? Why would you ever put a spoiler on a 10 year old junker, not only does it not look right, but it makes you look like a total dumbass, which you probably are

What really irks me is those people who think that all these wars of "liberation" are just and that we should do it are still here, shouldn't they be the ones down at the recruiter's office signing up??

American world/historical awareness - I had one of the "smartest" people (the salutatorian of my class in fact) convinced that America's Declaration of Independence was signed in 1952, that Germany was in Asia, that Japan was just off the coast of England, and that WWII ended 8 years ago. No wonder America is the dumbest of the industrialized nations :rolleyes: (curse you Brits for letting those 13 colonies go, look what you've done!! :angry: )

"Gangsta" culture - You do not shoot a Glock sideways, the sights are on the top for a reason. If you cannot wear a belt to keep your pants up or learn how to speak proper English (Eubonics is NOT a language), or even listen to proper musik (or worse yet, sing) I have no intention of ever talking to you... Also see "gangsta/ghetto" wannabes

End of rants, but I'm sure I'll come up with some more... once I finish defrosting my refrigerator.... ;)

That's another one: cough mixture. Is there one tat actually works? No.

You're taking thr wrong quantity. I learn the correct technique from a friend, a fully qualified GP, and it works.

1. Buy cough mixture, two bottles minimum.

2. Sip a bit until you think it's worked

3. Keep bottle handy and keep sipping throughout the day

4. Go to bed early because you're feeling so woozy and have been putting your hands down your pants in public

I'm not kidding about this either. You need to speak to a considerate pharmacist to make sure you use one that's safe. Some of them do nasty things when you overdose. Also, you need to account for body size so it's especially important for people under about 18 to get advice on this.

I hate it when people say I waste 2000$ on airsoft *beep* that I actually use, unlike the 2000$ system in their pos cars. Atleast my 2000$ gets me off my *albatross* twice a month and outside.

I hate the consumerist holidays. Look at Christmas, any 6 yr ild will clearly state its about Santa Clause bringing these brats games and toys. No wonder all the girls I know are stupid spoiled whores. (did you se south park too?)

And American world awareness, virtually nonexsistant. I've known people who couldn't make up their mind as to where London is. Is it in England, or Britain, or maybe the United Kingdom.

I hate it when people say I was 2000$ on airsoft *beep* that I actually use, unlike the 2000$ system in their pos cars. Atleast my 2000$ gets me off my *albatross* twice a month and outside.

So very true. So very, VERY true.

"Isn't that a waste of money, spending that much on a toy gun?"

"No, because I use it you fat s**t."

My cousin spends easily as much as I do, but he spends it on his bike. Good for him, but why do people not have a problem with that, but have a problem with me buying airsoft kit...?

Xmas in general is what i dont like.....

Sodding big con to make you spend all your hard earned cash on someone else..... then for them to spend the same on you..... why?

Why dont i just keep it, if you gonna give me the same amount back?

Also getting Xmas shoved under your nose at the end of October begining of novmber :angry:

Xmas advertising should be band until the 1st of december..... if you want to start getting presents before fine just dont go bragging about it.

Xmas Decorations :angry2: i hate 'em! especial when i'm at work!

Whether its moving the bloody things round in the loft so i can lay down the insulation or trying to dodge your way around goddamn Xmas trees without knocking something off is a pain in the *albartroth* <_<

British weather at Xmas.... not going to go into this one but its poo...

Family members *cough*Girlfriend*cough* who wont spend money on Airsoft because they say its a waste of money cause i'll never use it <_< , then if i say i'm not going to spend money on more clothes for her because she'll never where it after Xmas.... well put it this way she aint happy..... but if you took a look at here wardrobe you'd see what i mean.

If i get a cold i usually go work and just sweat it out of me (i work in lofts fitting loft insulation and its hot and tireing work when done properly, hence sweating alot.... disscusting i know but it cant be helped), which usually works well and its gone after a day of so, using Hall soothers or Xtra Strong Lockets to numb the throat...

Less energetic vertion would be to get yourself down the local gym (no not to exercise) and go in a hot Sauna for a couple of hours evreyday.

*AL*

i hate them commoners AKA ''townies'' or ''chavs'' or whatever they calling themselves, they walk around out side my house shouting ''blap, blap'' with gun shaped fingers, hhmmm, what are they trying to do? pointing thier fingers in teh air shouting , ''blap blap'', shoot birds? and you cant walk past them without them saying '' hey you what you looking at?'' or ''hey bruv you got a light?'' i have a glock with a light connected to it, and have you noticed that they show off when they with thier friends or girlfriends, but by themselves they just walk past in silence? and whats wrong with thier collars always up, they trying to protect thier necks? and thier stupid trousers with thier socks tucked into them, didnt they start doing that in the plague to stop rats climbing up your trousers? <_<

sorry for any mistakes, ANGRY, :angry:

You're taking thr wrong quantity.  I learn the correct technique from a friend, a fully qualified GP, and it works. 

1. Buy cough mixture,  two bottles minimum.

2. Sip a bit until you think it's worked

3. Keep bottle handy and keep sipping throughout the day

4. Go to bed early because you're feeling so woozy and have been putting your hands down your pants in public

Number 4: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old people,pedestrians and bikers (Not motorbikes)

runing out of the #¤%# road. Someday im going to run over them and leave them dying . Ooh and not to mention cycling on the wrong side of

the road, OOh and that dumb Cp b!tch that lives near me. She almost ran over me twice because she doesn't look when she turns. And Taxi drivers what the hey is up with Taxi drivers. Bomming around corners yet again almost hitting me. :D fell better now NOT :angry:

Ok, here's mine. Remember, you started this Sledge!

Woman who watch football.

Why oh why do women get involved in something they know nothing about? Just because you sat there and learned the offside rule doesn't mean I don't realise that secretly, while you're sitting there applauding the great goal that was just scored that you're not secretly just there to watch 22 blokes run around in little shorts. I've wanted my team to win the European cup since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I've lived it and suffered every ounce of pain when they havent met my expectations. I didn't speak for 2 days when England got knocked out of Euro 2004 for pete's sake. I wanted to be a footballer when I was a kid. I took a football to bed with me for crying out loud. I played at every level from junior to county. I froze my knackers off on countless Sundays getting kicked to pieces by brainless neanderthals with only the most rudimentary motor skills-"Ug, striker must kick."- I bled for the dream man. I didn't just turn up one Saturday because of David poxy Beckham and instantly start quoting John Motson and acting like I knew everything.

The burgers are supposed to be horrible, the programs are supposed to be expensive and a waste of time, the seats are meant to be uncomfortable, it is required to swear like a trooper, it is perfectly acceptable to call the referee a wan**r at every opportunity. THATS THE WAY WE LIKE IT SO BLOODY GO SHOPPING AND LEAVE FOOTBALL ALONE!

Phew...feel better now. Gotta go, my girl's just walked in wearing nothing but a Chelsea shirt.....WOOHOOO!

Ooooh things that #### me off....

Well dumba-ss newbies who can't search, ask wot am bestest gune!!111ones, people who say lifes too short, cmon life is approx 60 years, for most its longer than they have been alive!

Sometimes speaking up for others bugs me, if they want to respond why don't THEY say something, instead of habing someoone else say it for them.

Anyway ill add more later....

Archived