My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always love the 'why can't women do this or pay 50% bills'. My wife pays all the bills, all of them. I wonder if she goes on forums moaning about that fact, or she just gets on with it (I stay at home with our one year old son, then pick up our three year old daughter at mid day. Love it). Most of my friends either pay the same amount towards bills, as their partner, or they pay less due to thier wage (smaller income than their partners).

I must have been lucky with women too (regarding one night stands and also paying for drinks or meals). I use to have a three drinks rule. If the person I was out with hadn't offered to get a round in, by the third round of drinks, I'd make my excuses and leave. That only ever happened once (to the best of my knowledge). I always use to meet women who either earned the same as me or more. Again, maybe I'm just lucky or I can read people's minds. . . .

Oh aye, people like that do exist. Just always managed to avoid them, and I think it might be down to having another rule. If they have to put loads of make up onto go out (I mean loads and takes ages to get ready), then I don't bother. Tried that and never got on with people who are like that. But of make up, sure if you want/have too. Never found women with loads of make up on attractive.

Edit:- one rule I have, that is very shallow, is the Ghostbusters rule. If they don't like Ghostbusters (I mean like not love), then I'm not interested. No matter how good in bed they are.

Edit No2: 'loads' seems to get replaced with 'kids' by my phone. Wtf.

Is it wrong that I sort of want to see Fireknife corrupt borderline saints?

The odd sort of thing is regarding girls who take their time, I would probably be fine, used to waiting for long periods of time, yet at the same time I would want to avoid them, because having lived under a household where mother and sister constantly needed to apply makeup before going out anywhere, and who both worked in the makeup industry at one point, I can't stand the notion of the stuff.

I want a classic dalek mug now damn it,

Also I complain in the morning about having no women to meet and the one I know being busy, suddenly, bam, date on Friday.

Seriously, just how, how does it happen?

EDIT: Gunmane, you can if you want, I just need a camera, suit and one of those devil tails and horns and disclosures to put it on the internet ;).

'FireKnife'

The date is actually Scorch in drag?

I've also assumed Gunmane is a respectable gentleman. At least give him a chance to be clean of mind.

Nope, though if it was it wouldn't be the first time ;).

He's fine, I mean he has access to the internet. Only take one Google search and he is screwed for life (and not the good kind, the 'me' kind).

Is FK charming enough to warrant me going to Scotland?

No.

I will let you out to play airsoft. Have now got two decent enough indoors sites in only a 15 mile drive :P.

'FireKnife'

Oh, I have by far a horrible mind, I am just unlikely to ever express it.  One of the scant positives (for lack of a better term) of being not alive is that I never have to worry about anyone thinking of me as deviant in mind.  I'm just too honest, nice, and trustworthy. :innocent:

As for today, I am just hoping that folks on campus today will not be obsessive over their voting yesterday.  Even the sarcastic commentary yesterday got annoying after about the 2nd hour of hearing it.

Screw the double post.

I live 100m from an international runway. Due to Army heating rules it's on or off. So the window must be ajar or i'll dehydrate while I sleep. Early wake ups and late night flying.

My shower is broken - was reported as an emergency yesterday (it does 900 degree or off) and they seem to have replaced an end cap and removed a spring not unlike an M170 but an inch long.

Alternative is to shower at work, in 70s gym showers. With a timer on the lights so the latter 60% of the shower was in pitch darkness. As was getting dressed.

And the new Haix desert boots have given me a blister for the first time in 18 months. The only thing that could make things better is if someone pushes some poor paper work at me. I am in a snapping mood.

Oh Call of Duty, what the *fruitcage* is this *suitcase*: http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/f7/CoDAW-ASM-3.jpg

That is just some ugly, ugly fail.

Also as proved this morning all people really need an IQ test to drive, especially those that drive company vans. Seriously are some people just giving backhanders to the DVLA to get a license?

'FireKnife'

You would have hoped by 2026 or whenever this weird psuedo-future was meant to take place that people would have something better than a Thompson?

Plus that is bloody awful as a design in general, looks wrong in just about every way I could think of. Still it is CoD so I didn't expect much, I gave up caring after Black Ops (and the Proxy War levels in BO2).

'FireKnife'

Fair enough, I got that it was a Thompson, but it just looks awful as an idea. I mean at least when they future up a Kriss Vector even more it looks 'alright'.

Still I doubt I will bother with this one, Ghosts was barely even passable and all I wanted from BO2 was more 80s levels as the future ones were stupidly done.

'FireKnife'

Well given some of the so called 'placeholder' guns end up being in the final build I can well believe it :P.

Though to be honest what gets me is the 'pay £45 for the game, oh and then £5 to play online for a month, oh and then £15 a map pack so you can keep going, oh and then £20 for the extras that the last game included in the price as that was for a previous gen console and this is for a new one so we can get away with it'.

Seriously, when I buy a game I want the game. Sure modern day internet access means you can patch faulty games unlike in the past but seriously nowadays you are just paying for 75% of a gem when you buy it.

So glad that the main games I play like Pokemon (the event ones are free, you just have to pop by a shop or get them online with a code) or Super Smash / Fire Emblem (too much game content already and the DLC is just there as an option, it is not game breaking and the game already offers 50+ hours of play) don't suffer from this as badly.

Also as a final point why is DLC always stupid prices? I can buy Black Ops for £5 but the DLC is still £10-15 a pop? Surely they would realise that people might bother if it was more like £2 and at least make a sale while money grabbing the new game too?

'FireKnife'

I'm so out of date with gaming. Not fired up my 360 for ages and the last thing I played was Skyrim (after it had been out ages, got to level 60 odd and everything became too easy).

I considered getting my live subscription renewed and grabbing Battlefield 4 as I liked 3 but I've just not gotten round to it.

Really got me I waited for Battlefield 4 to get cheap - £20, but then the DLC which wasn't availible to buy second hand/reduced was going to cost £40!

That's £80 for a frickin' game. If you count this gen consoles that'll be £90 for complete DLC and the game disk. Then developers have the cheek to include DLC on the damned disk (i'm looking at you Destiny) and expect you to pay extra for content you've already payed for.

Absolute taking these days.

This is why I try to avoid it and don't bother with DLC.

In fact to me DLC is like micro-transactions and all the other forms of 'pay to improve play' systems out there, it is clearly there for a very specific group of people, those that are not entirely careful with their money.

Sure there are those that are just buying it for other reasons but I bet a large number of those that buy DLC are the kind of people that think you can only have a good night out if you spend £50 and take a taxi home.

To me I am the opposite, paying £10 for a bit of data that probably isn't going to see that much use is just not me. Plus I like to own physical copies so I can sell them on and keep the cost down. That money then goes into airsoft and that way I can keeo it for when I am running around instead of sat infront of a screen :P.

'FireKnife'

FK, you need to get into monster hunter.  Probably the one series where you can spend more time playing it then anything else.

I still believe Nintendo has the better ideas for DLC these days, just wish they would get their act together on other matters.

Getting into that finale for college period, which just agitates one even more than most semester ends.

Archived