Yes.

sp00n

Is the guy asking if he can hear him just for fun - Is that a common US pastime or something?? ;)

I take it it's actually meant to be him checking the connection of the amazing wireless comms service that only verizon can provide and only in the states?

The stressed guy is funny, the punchline is a bit weak though. It should have been somone asking him if he loved his wife because the caller had a gun to her head, and the first time he said anything except the word `yes` she would get shot.

That would be hilarious. Especially if it faded to black and you heard a gunshot after his rant.

That was hilarious.

There's an annoying cell phone commercail here where people keep going "can you hear me now? Good! Can you hear me now? Good!"

Just one?? There are a dozen of them with that same Verizon guy who was shown briefly near the end of the above video.

The UK folks seem not to get the Verizon commercials on TV, otherwise, the above video'd be much funnier than it is. ;)

All Shakespeares aside, there has been roughly ten billion adverts of that man who breifly appears in that video. He alwsy says "Can you hear me now? Good." in all differnet places arond the USA. So it's started even to have a bit of cultural recognition, that's why it'd be funnier to those who have experienced those adverts.

I'm lost on that reference Pablo :huh:

Gene: I gathered that. The addition of loads of swearing to the punchline of an existing meme does not hilarity make.

Actually, does anyone else remember that

"What have you done to my car?! It's f**king 4 feet long! How am I supposed to f**king get into a 4 foot F**king car!"

sketch from Blue Jam? (radio show by Chris Morris) ......

That was actually hilarious. If only because the guy was getting shafted...

I'm starting to see the similarity now actually :D

Archived