Guarder Taiwan 5.56mm T65K2 AEG

sevenzero

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Give it up to Evike to f*uck up the description. :angry:"Matrix" T65K2 . I really doubt it’s a Matrix. First, $399 for a Matrix AEG is preposterous, and second, it’s only been a few weeks after the Guarder T65K2 was released. WTF?

I really like Taiwan's way of training the masses. My parents, both Taiwanese, hence I am Taiwanese, told me that they trained with the T65 and other weapons when they were in high school; this was around the '60s. If I remember correctly, everyone is required to do that rifle and military training program. (Is this correct my fellow Taiwanese airsofters?) I don't know if Taiwan changed their policy, but heck, I'd go to school in Taiwan to try out that training. Too bad US doesn’t allow that. <_<

Anyway, for anyone in the states that are interested you could try Evike. I might buy this for my father's birthday...

Evike's date is about a month early. Anything that they order and sell that isn't a name brand like Marui, Classic Army, G&G etc, gets the Matrix name slapped on. Unfortunate because most of the Matrix stuff is the Cyma, Well and UTG junk. It makes it look like a crappy gun, even though it's distributed by Guarder.

Taiwan has compulsary military service. Kind of necessary to defend yourself when the communist mainland China threatens to invade and "reintegrate" Taiwan. Also what your military billet is, is based on your academic level and military aptitude tests. So yes it may sound fun, but you might end up as a cook and you have absolutely no say in the matter. At least that is what I've been told by my father and uncle.

• 3 weeks later...

This AEG has been delivered in early Jan-06. I have got what I ordered.

After some actual operation, I would give some comments as follow:

1. The plastic gear caused some reliability problem, now manufacturer has focused on it and keeping research to fix it. As we know, the steel gear is on the way. But qualified agent maintenance support is very necessary.

2. Due to the lack of experience, some rough assembly of this AEG may exist. manufacturer may need to enhance its QA/QC capability.

3. Performance is better than expect, but strongly recommend not to use the battery voltage higher than 8.4V. Because the gear rotation speed is much higher than TM product under 8.4V condition. Higher voltage will do nothing to the performance, but will cause negative effect to the reliability.

Due to the gear problem, my T65K2 AEG suffered malfunction, I will wait the steel gear be issued or alternative solution.

My conclusion is: On a brand new system and first product basis, the performance is acceptable. Their follow up can be expected and monitoring.

Their next product is the carbine version of T65K2 - T65K3, now prototype is under test and evaluation.

To whom may concern, manufacturer's official web site is in chinese, listed as follow:

http://www.lihyng.com/news_1.htm

Seems Guarder have been draging these low-grade companies under its umbrella. First the P226 metal kit of dubious quality, and now this. I guess one can't know for sure who makes these so-called 'Guarder' products anymore.

Guarder hardly makes any of the stuff they sell. All of these companies subcontract other tiny ones for manufacture. KSC/KWA is the only one I know of that makes all their own stuff. Marui doesn't even own a factory, it's all contracted out to other companies. It would be interesting to see a list of the companies that make all the parts for others. Sometimes you can cut out the middle man and buy parts from the manufacturer. X-fire makes most of PDI's parts, they sell them at about 2/3 what PDI does. They do custom work too.

Back to the topic of this gun. I had preordered one, but I cancelled it a few eeeks ago after hearing that it did indeed use plastic gears. The company is a new one too, so you're already taking a chance on a whole new set of QC issues as well. Maybe down the road they will get better. I still like the idea of the spring in the stock. Maybe others will try it now.

• 2 months later...

I own one of these, So far the only problem I have had is converting all of my regualr 8.4 2000 MaH batteries to 7.2v batts.

Because of the spring being in the stock like the real steal ylu have to have custom batteries built or bought.

The only other mild issue is that the mags wobble in the mag well a little bit kind of like the 200 round Hi caps for the TM Mp5.

There is a slight kick when shooting but its nothing that is going to make you jump out of your skin screaming how cool it is. Nothing like the RPK Sliding Bolt.

Other than that its a very solid gun. I must have gotten a revamped version because I have all metal gears in my gun. Who knows.

Grampy.

Any other updates on this gun? Curious about getting one, since 250quid (or so) seems quite fair for a one-off AEG. Doubt there are many around here, plus it seems of excellent external build quality.

Not so sure about those internals though...

Archived