How someone did this is beyond me...

Agent47

I smell a lot of hypocrisy here.

Omg $2500 on a vest! What a noob lolroflcopter!!11one eleventyone

This is airsoft, since when did prices ever make sense? We pay $1000 for CA M249s that perform the same as $600 star ones. We buy guns we dont need, mags we dont need, gear we dont need all the time. Airsoft is 90% about looks and 10% about functionality. Personally I think that system looks damn cool and if I had the money I would buy it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not being hyporcrits, spending $2500 on a vest is too much money, A lot of airsofters won't spend $2500 in airsoft stuff ever!

Let me break down your statements compared to me

"We pay $1000 for CA M249's that preform the same as $600 star ones"

The Star version is plastic, and (AFAIK) has a lot more problems

"We buy guns we don't need"

I only have one gun, and I do need that or else I wouldn't be able to play airsoft

"mags we dont need"

I need all 10 of my STAR mags, or else I would die quickly

"gear we don't need"

I need my boots, pants, shirt, hat goggles, and my vest. My vest only cost me about $150 too for the pouchs and everything. A hell of a lot better then just a Plate carrier looking thing in multicam that costs $2500

"Airsoft is 90% looks and 10% about functionality"

Every bit of my kit is used every game, every pouch has a pourpose. My new load out looks *beep*, people have told me it looks *beep* and I agree, but its comfortable as hell so Im not gonna change anything.

"Personally I think that system looks damn cool and if I had the money I would buy it."

Why? Why spend $2500 for a new camo system that doenst even work that well? You probably don't even have matching BDU's (correct me if im wrong) and without the BDU's, why buy the vest?

I can think of so many other things airsoft related to buy instead of Crye Armor Chassis.

<what crandell said>

I can think of so many other things airsoft related to buy instead of Crye Armor Chassis.

Wow! self centred :rolleyes:

Anyway I think he was referrring to geardoes.

If you had connections to get this vest then you would be able to get the BDUs to go with it.

Lots of people have more guns than they could carry, some peoples collection probably is over $2500. I would rather have one gun and that than 7 guns.

If you had connections to get this vest then you would be able to get the BDUs to go with it.

No *beep*, but I'm not dishing out $2700 for a vest and BDU's. You don't need connections for Multicam BDU's, SKDTac carry them.

PS, Why can't people spell my name? It's Crandall, not Crandell and no Crandal. Its there 2 times, one where my username is, and one on the quote box.

Also, how the hell am I self centered? Is it because I personally can think of many other things to spend $2500 on? Hell, give any airsofter $2500 and see what they think. I can almost guarntee they won't think "I think I'll spend it all on the Crye Armor Chassis, which doesn't seem to be any better then other Plate Carriers besides the fact its in MULTICAM!"

Quote: Doc Newstead

'congrats on obtaining something illegally'?

--------

Notice how they dont show their faces in the photos

Hmmm.......

Btw, even with a 600 + PSG1 held a centimeter from my chest, i think that rig is completely unescessary. Seriously, it looks like he's wearing Kevlar half-plate.

ONi

No *beep*, but I'm not dishing out $2700 for a vest and BDU's. You don't need connections for Multicam BDU's, SKDTac carry them.

PS, Why can't people spell my name? It's Crandall, not Crandell and no Crandal. Its there 2 times, one where my username is, and one on the quote box.

Also, how the hell am I self centered? Is it because I personally can think of many other things to spend $2500 on? Hell, give any airsofter $2500 and see what they think. I can almost guarntee they won't think "I think I'll spend it all on the Crye Armor Chassis, which doesn't seem to be any better then other Plate Carriers besides the fact its in MULTICAM!"

You DO need connections for the special very nice Crye multicam Combat BDU's. Or maybe you failed to read the rest of the thread properly.

I was joking about being self centred because you compared that dudes post to you. You certainly aren't the average airsofter so your view point does not apply to eveyone.

Multicam is the best American camouflage and this vest must be special because it was close to be adopted by the US. It is obviously better otherwise they would not be able to sell any at that price.

Well yeah, I mean who really even needs gear for airsoft in the first place.

I do, I need to keep my mags, flashlight, bb's, speedloaders, water organized. I don't like just throwing stuff in pant pockets.

You DO need connections for the special very nice Crye multicam Combat BDU's.  Or maybe you failed to read the rest of the thread properly.

I was joking about being self centred because you compared that dudes post to you.  You certainly aren't the average airsofter so your view point does not apply to eveyone.

Multicam is the best American camouflage and this vest must be special because it was close to be adopted by the US.  It is obviously better otherwise they would not be able to sell any at that price.

umm, I don't think anyone can say which Camo is best. Sure its great for mildly vegetated deserts, and forests with less shade and trees, but where I play the stuff would be balls.

I do, I need to keep my mags, flashlight, bb's, speedloaders, water organized. I don't like just throwing stuff in pant pockets.

umm, I don't think anyone can say which Camo is best. Sure its great for mildly vegetated deserts, and forests with less shade and trees, but where I play the stuff would be balls.

PariahWolf was saying that Multicam was the best, in his opinion.

CR4d411 :P

You are the exception to the airsoft rule, someone who does not go overboard like most of us. All Im saying is that people are treating this vest like the guy paid $2500 for a burlap bag. Its a nice vest. If I had $2500 right now would I buy it? No, because I need a lot of stuff right now. But if I had $2500 and was deciding on something fun to buy this would be up there.

Is this 'congrats on earning much more than me?' or 'congrats on obtaining something illegally'?

It might be 'congrats on having a mum who can sew'.

I smell a lot of hypocrisy here.

This is airsoft, since when did prices ever make sense? We pay $1000 for CA M249s that perform the same as $600 star ones. We buy guns we dont need, mags we dont need, gear we dont need all the time. Airsoft is 90% about looks and 10% about functionality. Personally I think that system looks damn cool and if I had the money I would buy it.

Maybe in your head.

Personally, I buy a gun, tune it up to 1J, stick a scope on it and wear BDUs either blagged off mates in the army or bought for under a tenner from the local surplus shop.

See, when people start parading around in gear like this, people who say it's wrong or stupid just get accused of being jealous and they get told "it's his money and he can do what he wants" etc.

Thing is, wear it and play in it if that's what floats your boat but posting pictures of it on a website and then worshipping it is utter boll0cks.

I would be more impressed if the guy had made it himself.

What else can you deduce from looking at an airofter wearing $1000 of kit?

"Wow", that guy has awesome buying skillz0rz!!!111"

I think that the Scorpion MultiCAM looks and performs great, and would especially suit those in dry forests. I'm sure gonna get a pair, but maybe not from Crye, and a CoyoteBrown tac vest to go with it.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

I think it looks great...a shame its in multicam :P

What? (again)

*Picks himself up off of floor for second time, wipes up snot on cuff*

*Wacko looks at pics again going to buy a bargin bucket of tissues...*

:P

QUOTE(PlasticMag @ Dec 17 2005, 12:00 PM)

Definitely, you could buy so much other gear for $2500. Whoever bought that was an idiot. I never thought I would say this, but he took geardoism too far.

Yeah. LIKE, WHATEVER.

*Wacko walks around to garage looks at armoured car for a bit & comes back for a cup of tea*

Ho hum. He he. :D

I might have to agree.

Isn't geardoism the art of going to far?

it can depend - for some people - it's fun - for others probably all that gear does serve a purpose:

if you ever saw me you probably would scream "geardo" but I have it for a reason:

Helmet - I need something for my head in case I fall over and I figured the MICH would cut it.

RAV - Looked for a comfortable modular vest I could take off easily as well as put a lot of gear on and has the most body coverage - at this time I never heard of the CIRAS, and I didn't like my Interceptor...(waiting until the Armor Chassis is available)

Pouches and mags - I'm usually the one of the last guys alive in most games and I don't know why...

head cover/balaclava - in case it gets cold or some chav with the unspeakable FPS shoots me

BDU - could use the pockets for holding my gloves and balaclava and other things, and to keep my kneepads from falling down...racer collar to keep things from falling down my shirt...slanted pockets for easier access...

and then soon a liberator - sturdy headset that I don't have to worry about...

for multicam - a camo so I can go anywhere and not have to worry about being in the desert for California...

Archived