1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Mathub, the little metal plate with the hole, I was going to make one as they look pretty simple. Just a matter of finding the time.

ColSanders, I had to cut a bit out for the ambi safety, aswell as deepening the hole on the underside of the grip so that the grip screw things (forgotten the name) could go into it so the grips would sit flush with the frame. Also I had to enlarge the bottom grip screw hole on the underside of the frame as they did not line up exactly with the grip screw things. They are the first set of real steel grips i've had that needed to be modified.

PS Mathub: if you want a S&W auto thats not an SW1911, try the M4013 TSW ;)

I had a silver 4013 with metal slide, but I sold it few weeks ago.

I can't bear plastic frame, and I know that it will never be produce from prime.

What i really want is a 4506 or a .40 S&W ful size single stacker. :blush:

In metal of course. May WA and Prime hear my wish...

Right a question for you 1911 experts. I've been doing some work on my second Springfield project today (Prime MEU metal slide and frame) I've stripped down the WA MEU. Now the first thing to go in the metal frame is the trigger. I knew that there are some issues with the trigger not fitting through the trigger guard, so what I want to know is, is it best to file down the trigger to fit the hole, or file down the hole to fit the trigger?

I always thought my M4013 had a metal frame .... so it doesn't! One of the better bits of ABS there I have to say, but yeah, the 4506 or any of that series would be fantastic - I simply do not understand why no-one makes them!!

OK, I hit another problem. I was unscrewing the Novak sight from the WA Slide, all was going well and it slipped and stripped the screw. The metal seemed very soft, so I think i'm going to have to drill it out. Any other suggestions?

*fruitcage* it, I got impatient and drilled it. Now how the hell do I get the Novaks off. They seem stuck pretty well?

Edited by hitmanNo2

Anyone know the web address for that Japanese custom site that do lots of sweet stuff with WA 1911's? I'm sure its metal banjo or something, i've done loads of searches but can find it at all. I'm not a my normal computer, otherwise it would be in my favourites.