Biohazard Intervention

Monk

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any updates on the list of undertaker's weapon? :unsure:

Nope. Still going with what was posted in the last post. Nothing new to date.

What's OP Bio's policy on lasers?

Why the heck would you need a laser during the day?! But hey, if you wanna take the time to stand there and index your shot, I'm more than certain the "dead folk" would be much abliged. :P

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, so I was just looking at the NAM forum? and came across what could be one set of objectives and certainly serves as a strong indicator for what will be going on.

We now know that there'll be police, Trocar agents, an obnoxious reporter, bounty hunters and zombies. We also know that the big bad Undertaker was not taken out last year. These are a lot of threats. The reporter is going to be accompanied by a team of shooters as well. These could be NAM staff, bounty hunters, or ??? No matter how you slice it, that's a lot of firepower being directed in every direction.

My thoughts on it:

The cops are not likely gunning for the reporter. My money's on them having to take him into custody.

The body guards (bounty hunters?) will have to keep him alive.

Trocar will have to take him out and get the evidence from his cold dead fingers before they become cold undead fingers.

The counteractant will stand as an objective for Trocar, probably the police, and also for the snoopy reporter.

Protecting/extracting a guy others want dead will be very difficult. It's far easier to plug someone than to keep others from doing it.

While shooting the reporter seems like the easiest task, the shooters will have to get close enough when they cap him to grab his evidence before he joins the undead. To do that, they'll have to contend with his body guards and the police looking for him, and the infected, and the Undertaker. Ouch. That rules out sniping him. The ideal would be to use a rocket that'd kill and incinerate his body and evidence, but that won't be available.

Trocar will likely have to grab the counteractant canister, kill Geraldo, I mean Rod Typhoon, grab his evidence and run without being gunned down by bounty hunters and cops or eaten by infected.

The police will have to grab Typhoon, his evidence, the counteractant, and arrest or kill the Trocar agents. All that in the middle of a sea of undead craziness.

The bounty hunters and/or body guards will have to keep the reporter out of the hands of the police and Trocar and away from the undead, all while he goes about, snooping.

In short, none of these task will be easy. Add to the mix the fact that extra objectives and obstacles are sure to arise. Helo won't make it to the LZ as planned. One team gets decimated and swells the ranks of the undead, counteractant is in the hands of someone who's now shambling and eating the living. The urge to kill the other teams will be strong, but ammo will be limited and doing so will only give them the chance to come back, hungering for your gray matter. In other words, no extra amount of firepower will ultimately make the task easier.

All this is rattling around my head as I've spent the last few days mapping out strategies, only to groan when I realized that solving one problem here creates another problem. I think you need to be a combination of Rommel and Carlos the Jackal to pull this off. Each single objective will be tough. Heck, just surviving will be tough, but to do so after accomplishing each objective is a real feat.

As a huge Bruce Campbell fan I am a bit disapointed that Shotguns aren't accepted. *Sighs* Oh well. It still sounds interesting. My only problem? Is it worth the 5 and a half hour drive from Sunny Southern California to go to this event?

I've already got the gun, the BB's, a holster (I'd be SOO tempted to wear a Hawiian shirt too. ;) ), and the gas. So all I need is the Gas to go up there, room costs, and a zombie mask.

It's a good chunk of change not including the fact that I'd have to take a day off from work. (Sunday-Thursday work week)

So, for all of you who've gone before, is it worth it? Or should I just wait for one here in So Cal or try to set-up my own? Thanks in advance!

okay boys and girls, ill be there. this year, im playing bounty hunter according to the good fellas at NAM. so look for the 14 year old with a TM m3 shottie, gray dickes cargo pants, OD camelback, and a black outdoor vest type thing. oh, and my freinds im going with dont know im playing as a bounty hunter, so when we pull up and they expect me to take out my GBB, instead they will se me pull out my TM m3 shottie (witch they dont know i have), lol... cant wait to see the shock on their face.

As a huge Bruce Campbell fan I am a bit disapointed that Shotguns aren't accepted.  *Sighs* Oh well.  It still sounds interesting.  My only problem?  Is it worth the 5 and a half hour drive from Sunny Southern California to go to this event? 

I've already got the gun, the BB's, a holster (I'd be SOO tempted to wear a Hawiian shirt too. ;) ), and the gas.  So all I need is the Gas to go up there, room costs, and a zombie mask. 

It's a good chunk of change not including the fact that I'd have to take a day off from work.  (Sunday-Thursday work week) 

So, for all of you who've gone before, is it worth it?  Or should I just wait for one here in So Cal or try to set-up my own?  Thanks in advance!

Shotguns are allowed at the event. However, they fall under the same rules as pistols for zombie kills AND you're only allowed 2 shells/mags per. I don't want to get into it again as why they aren't 1-hit kills, so backtrack on the thread to read why. At any rate, we hope to see you there and promise you one hell of a unique experience. Frightfactory.com has decent prices on zombie masks or you can always do an internet search. Even a skull mask is okay.

Quick question, if you've got one of the Maruzen shell-ejecting M870's, does that mean you get 10 shells? (gun holds 4+1)

Nope, that means bring your GBB! /o/ Two shells per shotty. Unfortunately, due to the majority of shotguns out there, varying capacities, etc., we set the limit at 2 shells per. It's simply too much to expect every controller to know every brand/make/model of gun on the field. Besides, the shotgun is more of a novelty as it adheres to the same rules as pistols.

But if you're intent on bringing a shotty, UTG makes a decent one for next to nothing and the damn things actually come with two mags!

So...I am definately going to biohazard next year with my friend, when he turns 17, and we both actually have the right equipment.

But the thing I'm wondering...do I actually NEED more than one gun...I mean I cant afford that lol. Is it actually necessary to succeed or just helpful?

Nope, that means bring your GBB! /o/  Two shells per shotty.  Unfortunately, due to the majority of shotguns out there, varying capacities, etc., we set the limit at 2 shells per.  It's simply too much to expect every controller to know every brand/make/model of gun on the field.  Besides, the shotgun is more of a novelty as it adheres to the same rules as pistols.

But if you're intent on bringing a shotty, UTG makes a decent one for next to nothing and the damn things actually come with two mags!

Ahh well, it was worth a shot, guess I'll just stick to my two Berettas and my Glock :)

Hehe, no worries. I've got a UTG shotgun with the two mags so I'm set. I don't mind that it's not one shot one kill, I mean they're Zombies for crying out loud! It woudln't be fun if they went down with only one shot. :)

Still, anyone who's been, can you tell me if it's worth the time/cost/effort to go or should I just wait for a So Cal one? Thanks!

Hehe, no worries. I've got a UTG shotgun with the two mags so I'm set.  I don't mind that it's not one shot one kill, I mean they're Zombies for crying out loud! It woudln't be fun if they went down with only one shot.  :) 

Still, anyone who's been, can you tell me if it's worth the time/cost/effort to go or should I just wait for a So Cal one?  Thanks!

Since my opinion is obviously biased, check out Monk's review of Operation: Biohazard II in these forums. Someone else who attended the Op also posted a review of the game under the same thread. After reading their reviews, it's fare to say you can reach your own decision.

Unfortunately, don't hold your breath on the waiting. Due to the relative closeness of Monterey to SoCal, we won't be hosting one in SoCal. Nevada, maybe eventually, but not for a while. Right now we'll be focusing on the steady one we personally host here in Central Cali, bringing another event to the East Coast and come October-ish, a Bio III here, a Bio II on the East Coast, a Bio I in Hawaii and another one in the UK in late Oct, early Nov. We weren't kidding when we said "the infection is spreading!"

So...I am definately going to biohazard next year with my friend, when he turns 17, and we both actually have the right equipment.

But the thing I'm wondering...do I actually NEED more than one gun...I mean I cant afford that lol. Is it actually necessary to succeed or just helpful?

NO, you don't need more than one gun. I've used one gun in each of the last two events. If you don't have to weigh yourself down, don't. Cunning, self-preservation instinct, a mask, and a pistol are all you need. Please, don't think you have to be armed to the teeth. I'll be carrying one gun this year too. This isn't a gear-heavy event. It's all about thinking fast and acting like the smart person/non-victim from a horror movie. Smart people in those movies aren't the sheriff with the .357, the shotgun, and the .45. The smart people are the ones with a handgun, a few rounds, and a determination to survive. More people have gone down in protracted gunfights than any other way. You don't shoot your way out. That is a sure failure. Bring your wits. MMmmm...tasty brains.

Hehe, no worries. I've got a UTG shotgun with the two mags so I'm set.  I don't mind that it's not one shot one kill, I mean they're Zombies for crying out loud! It woudln't be fun if they went down with only one shot.  :) 

Still, anyone who's been, can you tell me if it's worth the time/cost/effort to go or should I just wait for a So Cal one?  Thanks!

I've said it before, but I'll repeat it because it's important and good enough. My brother and I make Biohazard an important event for us. It's incredibly fun. There's nothing else like it in airsoft. My brother is flying up from the LA area.

Come because it's fun. Come because it's different. Come because it's a well-organized event. If you come to this year's Biohazards, introduce yourself to me at the game and I'll give you a Coke and we'll hangout at halftime. It really is worth the time and effort. My brother and I budget at least $500 a person just in extras because we like it so much. You can do it on the cheap or get nuts like we do. Watch some zombie films ("Undead" is highly recommended) and play Resident Evil games. Field strip your pistol and throw on some cargo pants and a holster and grab a zombie mask.

Just go register and come up. You'll meet other airsofters, talk smack, and have a great time. It really is worth it.

I and two of my buddies are all registered and ready to go. We're so excited, we could pee.

Anyway, I live in the Reading/Philadelphia area and I have room in my SUV. If you're from the C3airsoft/southeast/Central PA region and need a ride, send me a PM and maybe I can help out!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i did'nt see this thread earlier. I went to intervention and bioahzard 2.

Monk, how were you dressed? I might have seen you...

And "theNAMmagazine" I have a suggestion for biohazard 3. Have a costume contest as well as a mask contest!

( i was the one who won the UTG m87 and wearing a umbrella shirt)

One gun, two mags, an empty speedloader, and fast feet, maybe?

I was thinking more about a rig involving about 147 holsters and then a LOT of EBB's fpr mass firepower on the cheap. Load them with dry cells (cheap and light) and New York reload where appropriate.

Use of shades and trenchcoat recommended...

Archived