Biohazard Intervention

Monk

1) Tokyo Marui M4A1 RIS w/PEQ2 & Verticle Foregrip

2)Guarder 40mm Red / Green Dot Sight with Integral Weaver Rail

(booster seat - receiver mounted, not RIS mounted)

3)Guarder Raiser Mount for M16 Flat Top Receiver (aim assist - mounted on the booster seat)

4) Trigger Happy's M910 Grenade Launcher

5) Rico's Alpha 9 Tactical Light

6) Mosquito Molds 40mm Cartridge for Grenade Launcher ( 8mm Ver. ) (ka-boom - C'mon people. How many are really out there on the market? Oh, gee, look at the holes....could that be a special BB...)

2)Guarder 40mm Red / Green Dot Sight with Integral Weaver Rail

(booster seat - receiver mounted, not RIS mounted)

3)Guarder Raiser Mount for M16 Flat Top Receiver (aim assist - mounted on the booster seat)

6) Mosquito Molds 40mm Cartridge for Grenade Launcher ( 8mm Ver. ) (ka-boom - C'mon people. How many are really out there on the market? Oh, gee, look at the holes....could that be a special BB...)

7) Tokyo Marui M16 Series 300rnd Hi-capacity Magazine

uh...dryrot, did you just cut and paste? /o/ :P

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:angry:OPERATION: BIOHAZARD INTERVENTION :angry:
EAST & West

post-1145-1138958281_thumb.jpg
REGISTER NOW!

Remember, only the Bounty Hunters can have shotguns, but the first group of TROCARs to register will be MORE than compensated!

The official announcement was just sent out and "outsiders" are allready registering rather hastily. Spaces for both TROCAR and Bounty Hunter teams will be first come first serve. Email registration will be allowed this time with payment accepted at the game, BUT a PayPal or paid registration secures your place.

Please specify team preference in the "comments" box when you are registering and don't forget, dressing the part only enhances the experience! And don't forget to bring a friend......for lunch!
:angry:

Here is a link to the official promo flyer for those of you who want to print it and place it in your local shops to help stir up interest in the event!
Operation: Biohazard Intervention West Coast Flyer

Looks like I won't make it to Urban Assault this weekend for various reasons that aren't really relevant to the thread.

I'm composing an email suggesting this event and sending it to the site organisers now though, and will get back with any progress or response.

I really don't know yet what to do about the team issue. My first year, I went with a small group and survived. That was only by losing the majority of the group. The second time, I went with a handfull of people, lost the slower people and went on without dying. This next time, I really want to go with a solid team. My last team I was appointed team leader, and this next time, I may not be, but I feel like I should bring a briefing handout for how the team is to operate.

There are certain basic rules to be followed. The way to go as I've figured it from previous games and watching zombie movies and reading military and swat tactical manuals is simple enough, but I'd like to get a team on one page.

1. Team leader calls the shots. When you see a contact, call it and wait for instruction.

2. Be quiet. Say it. Screaming does nothing for us.

3. Toe-heel, (thanks, Doc)

4. Holster your weapon when moving. If you're moving fast enough, it won't matter.

5. Never lose sight of the objective. Zombies are an obstacle, not an objective. You wouldn't spend the whole mission trying to flatten a bump in the ground.

6. Move. Still targets are easy targets.

On a different note, I'm planning on buy some throat mics and and new radios. Recommendations would be appreciated.

I have a question: How many medic-disks can a player hold?

Also, there are reload stations right? so you can only find ammo and gas there?

A suggestion:

How about you get some red cardboard boxes and put a pack of 15-20 BBs inside and then scatter them all over the site, that way it'll be even more RE-like.

I have a question: How many medic-disks can a player hold?

Also, there are reload stations right? so you can only find ammo and gas there?

A suggestion:

How about you get some red cardboard boxes and put a pack of 15-20 BBs inside and then scatter them all over the site, that way it'll be even more RE-like.

1) The medic disk deal actually became quite confusing so we've opted for an easier system that heightens the experience. There is still a medic rule in place but no disks.

2) That's sort of what we do Pyro. The only difference being that you can't move them around or take them with you since we don't have the luxury of possessing a field the size of Racoon City or hundreds of zombies to play with (at the beginning anyway). There are actually two bags of BBs you can take with you. As to how and where, well, we won't be giving away that secret will me Monk. But hopefully you're coming out to the event to see that this all works perfectly!

P.S. to Monk:

1) Trust me. Toe-heel doesn't work. We knew you guys were floating around the cusp the whole game...the zombies were only concerning themselves with the prey that was easier to kill. Besides, try walking toe-heel away from a bolting undead cannibal. I got $10 on the ghoul! /o/ :P

2) Coming from the Editor-in-Chief of The NAM with all our product trials, trust me. Throatmikes sound like $#!+ a majority of time in normal conditions and imagine trying to decypher what some panicked individual is saying to you via his throat gurgle. Besides, if turned zombie, I'd recommend the zombie turn his to VOX for the remainder of the game just to accentuate the realizm! ;)

During last years Biohazard It was painfully obvious that Monk's team was "hanging around the cusp of the field" because if they hadnt been, they would have been in the "ravine of death and suffering" with the rest of us. As the Trokar team, we determined after a quick survey of the field due to our elevated starting position that we'd figured that we should avoid the center of the site and stick to the hillsides to maintain the element of surprise. If we had been able to reach the objectives without having to enter any prolonged firefights i would have been pleased. As it turned out though the Swat team had made an early push for the objectives and by the time we had worked our way up to the objective area, they were already on their way to the LZ. Seeing our mission walk away from us unscathed left us feeling sour so we engaged them from the outer edge of the ravine and caught them offguard. In failing to grab the objective from the downed Swat member we ultimatly failed in our mission, but not before we got systematically "eaten" to a man.

Here's the updated list. We're all but frozen eh? :rolleyes: If you already have these prizes, consider winning them for a friend/fellow airsofter who doesn't. Remember, it's time to start thinking outside the box. I want to know what the gun is and it's accessories, names and brands:

post-1145-1139281296_thumb.jpg

2) ____________________ (booster seat - receiver mounted, not RIS mounted)

3) ____________________ (aim assist - mounted on the booster seat)

6) ____________________ (ka-boom - C'mon people. How many are really out there on the market? Oh, gee, look at the holes....could that be a special BB... There've already been a few CLOSE guesses but no cigars yet!)

7) Tokyo Marui M16 Series 300rnd Hi-capacity Magazine

As stated, two of these items will be a total guess. One is semi visible in the pic and the other isn't really but makes sense when you "look." (btw, this training exercise will help with the puzzles at the game too! Just ask Monk! ;) )

Remember, this contest is for:

OPERATION: BIOHAZARD II DVD

The NAM:National Airsoft Magazine Issue #4

The NAM: National Airsoft Magazine Issue #8

Free admission to OPERATION: BIOHAZARD INTERVENTION

(free admission excludes parking fees)

...a $56.99 USD retail value, FREE!

I'll post updates as correct items are guessed to show correct answers. Let's hope these last clues put match to sphincter! :P

Also, please don't forget that your posts need to be in list form like the list above or it won't count!

1) Trust me.  Toe-heel doesn't work.  We knew you guys were floating around the cusp the whole game...the zombies were only concerning themselves with the prey that was easier to kill.  Besides, try walking toe-heel away from a bolting undead cannibal.  I got $10 on the ghoul! /o/  :P

2) Coming from the Editor-in-Chief of The NAM with all our product trials, trust me.  Throatmikes sound like $#!+ a majority of time in normal conditions and imagine trying to decypher what some panicked individual is saying to you via his throat gurgle.  Besides, if turned zombie, I'd recommend the zombie turn his to VOX for the remainder of the game just to accentuate the realizm!  ;)

Good point about the heel toe. It really does go against the basic need to move fast to avoid being eaten.

I've waffled on throat vs. boom mics. The throat mics looked more appealing simply for gee-whiz factor. In the first Biohazard, we were too short of radio operators and got hamstrung as a team for it. The second game, we had a few radios but they sucked and in order to hear what was going on, we had to turn up the volume, which got us extra attention whenever someone else keyed up. Now I'm just looking to pick up something decently reliable, cheap, quiet, and largely hands-free.

The idea of turning it to VOX has a lot of potential. That's one more reason to get a good radio.

Good point about the heel toe.  It really does go against the basic need to move fast to avoid being eaten. 

I've waffled on throat vs. boom mics.  The throat mics looked more appealing simply for gee-whiz factor.  In the first Biohazard, we were too short of radio operators and got hamstrung as a team for it.  The second game, we had a few radios but they sucked and in order to hear what was going on, we had to turn up the volume, which got us extra attention whenever someone else keyed up.  Now I'm just looking to pick up something decently reliable, cheap, quiet, and largely hands-free.

The idea of turning it to VOX has a lot of potential.  That's one more reason to get a good radio.

Might I recommend the easier system: 2 tin soup cans and a line of string. :P

Staying together and in direct communication is what's most important at this event. Getting fractured or splitting up means you're only teasing the zombies with appetizers! Remember what happens when people split up in Horror movies? THEY DIE! :flamed:

Of course, I can be a complete "oxymoron" by stating that bunching up offers our little ghouls a 9-course meal on one big plate. But if you should decide to pull a train remember, the engine's a little light in the loafers while the caboose has all the fun! Oh well, damned if you do, damned if you don't.....welcome to Operation: Biohazard! ;)

p.s. All Souls Day: Dia De Los Muertos was supposed to be out by now. I was hoping to nab my zombie fix before this April. Anybody know what happened?! And before the deadites make any little smart@$$ comments, yes, I already have the first DVD, I'm talking about the sequel that was supposed to be out in November.

There's not a ban on auto weapons. They won't help you much, but you can bring them, as long as they're not AEGs. I promise, they really don't have much use. A good gas glowback is far more useful. So's the ability to run fast and decifer bizarre hints on a briefing sheet.

Archived