Biohazard Intervention

Monk

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monk, what happened to you guys?! Sorry you couldn't make it out. I've transferred your unused reg fees to Bio III in October so just send me an email reminding me.

As for the costume contest, that's a little hard. Every person has it in their own minds what zombies, TROCAR employees, Police, Bounty Hunters, and the forthcoming US Marshalls look like. Just using the masks makes it easier. I'm looking forward to seeing more people bring out zombie masks and relying less and less on our stock masks.

Anyway, the date for October's BIO III is TBA so stay tuned. But you can bet it's going to happen. I'm looking forward to seeing a player review of Bio Intervention from one of you who played (that goes for both East and West).

We had a blast at East - except for the rain. One of our guys was seriously getting Hypothermia, so we had to split early.

Can you tell us though - where can we find out what raffle tickets won something? We still have our tickets but couldn't stay that long. We were promised the numbers would be posted somewhere so we could see if we won something.

It was a great event, and when we were actually playing, it was really a great time. Too bad the rain wouldn't let up and it was soooo cold that my one GBB kept jamming up on me :(

We had a blast at East - except for the rain. One of our guys was seriously getting Hypothermia, so we had to split early.

Can you tell us though - where can we find out what raffle tickets won something? We still have our tickets but couldn't stay that long. We were promised the numbers would be posted somewhere so we could see if we won something.

It was a great event, and when we were actually playing, it was really a great time. Too bad the rain wouldn't let up and it was soooo cold that my one GBB kept jamming up on me :(

No plot synopsis? What did you guys do? Objectives? Did you succeed or become zombie fodder? Play-by-play? C'mon tardo, details! :P

As for the raffles, outside of the west coast events, we really have nothing to do with the other events save the basic rules and promotions. The players determine the consecutive scenarios by their actions at the previous and the hosts are the ones solely responsible for raffles and the overall event. To find out more info about Operation: Biohazard Intervention East, email Chucky: clivsey420@yahoo.com

okay, well here's my mini review of biohazard west

First round i was a zombie.

All i really had to do was to "eat" the live humans and stay out of the way of the undertaker.'

I myself did not get any zombie kills but in the end, the zombies emerged victorious.

Undertaker- Basically The "nemesis" from resident evil apocalypse.

The second round i was a TROCAR.

Our objectives were "PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:

1. Insert at LZ Legion

2. Locate and recover the counteractant

3. Locate and neutralize Rod Typhoon & personnel

4. Recover any evidence of TROCAR experiments from Rod Typhoon

5. Extract via LZ Baal w/ counteractant and evidence"

Rod Typhoon & personnel is refering to the bounty hunters and Rod Typhoon, The "reporter" from the previous biohazard.

We also received 1 UTG MP5 That can be loaded with only green bb's

So our first objective completed was to put the counteractant and the freezer.

To do that we must first make sure the counteractant vile was not broken and then put it in the freezer and wait 60 seconds. Once we finished, we retreated up the hill.

We found out that our third objective was with the bounty hunters, who had unsuccessfully rescued Rod Typhoon. So we team up with the bounty hunters. As we are hiking at the top of the hills one of my teammates whispers " When i say milkshake shoot the bounty hunters because it's one of our objectives". Our captain yells "milkshake" and we ruthlessly shoot the bounty hunters in the back. We notice the zombies are catching up to us so we sprint down the hill. We find another bounty hunter who gave us some green bb's. and then we shot him in the back as well. This is when i get killed by a zombie. But, soon after my team runs right into the undertaker and the game ends.

Once again, the zombies are victorious!

After, we had a minigame.

Two people with one mp5 and all of the loaded mags would have to make it to the parking area while every one else is a zombie. If they were successful they win a prize, if not, the zombies who took them out get a prize.

Neither of them made. I did not see the first kill, but i saw the second. He had ran out of ammo on the mp5 and he tossed it to the ground. Soon after he was shoved into a rivine by a zombie and landed in a big bush made up of assorted plants.

Sorry that this is'nt that in-depth but, i wrote this before school, so if you ahve any questions about the game i'm sure i can probaly answer them.

Damn, I'm so ###### I missed it. I was trying to pull everything together, but I couldn't get the brake rotors for my car in time to have it inspected before going, so I had no ride up there. I can't wait for October. How did allowing shotguns for bounty hunters work out? I really want to use shotguns, a little diversity to weapons is always good, as long as ammo is still limited. Looking forward to shotgunning down some zombies next time. lol. Too bad it rained, hopefully the weather will be perfect in October.

" When i say milkshake shoot the bounty hunters because it's one of our objectives". Our captain yells "milkshake" and we ruthlessly shoot the bounty hunters in the back.

So I take it that killing the Bail Bondsmen turned out to be a mistake and ultimately led to your demise as you could just as easily have dispatched them at the LZ?

As far as shotguns go, there wasn't really an issue. We only saw 1 player brave enough to use one. AEPs will not be allowed at future events though. After careful consideration, the answer's no:

1) With BBs and Gas both a constant concern, players really have to stay on their toes and utilize both Gas and BBs provided whenever posible. They detract from the environment as well as the mood.

2) We had a player quit because his AEP was rendered inactive when the battery died. I understand it's his own fault but bottom line, we had an attendee who quit.

3) And this is my own personal opinion, it just looks better watching the blowback feature working when shooting at zombies.

Well here is short review of what happened at Biohazard.

I was Umbrella security or "Trocar" the game one of two. Drew kindly lent my partner and me two UTG MP5s. It was like manna from Heaven. Our objectives were:

[taken from ae86trueno]

Our objectives were "PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:

1. Insert at LZ Legion

2. Locate and recover the countereactant

3. Locate and neutralize Rod Typhoon & personnel

4. Recover any evidence of TROCAR experiments from Rod Typhoon

5. Extract via LZ Baal w/ counteractant and evidence"

Rod Typhoon & personnel is refering to the bounty hunters and Rod Typhoon, The "reporter" from the previous biohazard.

Great leadership was what kept us going, lack of leadership is what killed us. Our leader was Scott, a US Coast Guard. The guy was a natural leader. Under his command we moved like a unit. In his absence we were more like typical online game of CS, everyone did their own thing.

We located and recovered the countereactant with relative ease. There were few zombies here, I don't think we lost any men here. From here we advanced to the water tower and found a hidden cache of ammo. There was a dead body there that I checked for lumps, i.e. guns or ammo. Unfortunetly, I missed the hidden note in his chest pocket. The note contained a journal entry and a map to more MP5 ammo, doh! The MP5s could only be reloaded with green bbs to simulate different ammo type. Let this be a lesson to all attendees in the future to search carefully!

From the water tower we followed a trail leading to Rod Typhoon and his hired bodyguards or "bounty hunters." Then we encountered the Undertaker or Nemesis. The guy was as Drew called him, the Terminator. He walked around in the open, m14 held at his waist. I told my team early on to not engage unless absolutely neccessary. He hosed us anyways. We lost two guys in that encounter but were able to revive them. Our team had high ground and two MP5s but we decided to let him move on. We were told during the briefing that the Nemesis had two prizes strapped to his if anyone were brave enough to take him down. To this day the number of shots to take him down as well as the prizes strapped to his side are a mystery. Someone did manage to take him down in game two though.

I was pretty nervous the whole time because our leader had gone ahead to scout out the area. On top of that we had a trail of zombies following us from the water tower. So finally the Nemesis leaves and our leader returns. From there all but two of us advance down the trail till we get to a bend. The other two hold their ground and wait. Again our leader scouts ahead alone, to my disapproval.

We wait and wait while more and more zombies appear. People begin shouting low ammo. A few moments later a man goes down. It's apparant that our leader will probably not be returning. He later tells me that he did indeed find the reporter and his bodyguards, but was brutually gunned down.

Zombies are now pouring out from the trail ahead of us. I shout to my team to take the high ground and to keep moving. We take the high ground but we're not really moving, we're begining to drop like flies. Lack of real leadership and communication results in a feast for the zombies. I barely make it out of there and meet up with 4 other survivors. Due to extreme casualties, we teamed up: Three Trocar, including me and two bounty hunters. I was shocked to see the bounty hunters alive.

From here we got chased around pretty badly while searching for the reporter and his microfilm, the last objective. I was down to a springer here and man oh man was that a bad feeling. I felt like Leon running around with a knife. We finally found the "zombified" reporter and capped him. But what's this?! No film?! At this point zombies are everywhere. Out of ammo and out of options what to do, what to do...

To be continued...

Sounds amazing. :D I've heard a few people talking about doing a UK Biohazard, anything concrete on that yet?

:zorro:

Yes but some of you guys over there on that Island are afraid of our rules! /o/ They want to allow headshots and AEGs to make it easier. Both of these really go against the grain of the type of Op we designed and will ultimately destroy the type of environment the scenario is attempting to establish. He was informed and from what I understand, taking my response to his game. I'm still waiting to hear back from GhostRider about the outcome.

I think you guys would see, as posted here, that our rules work. They make the Op fun. Playing with them by allowing AEGs and headshots kinda gives the "live" players a total advantage. Do any of the "undead" who've come out to our games want to step in and reinforce this?

Additionally, for legal reasons, I want to make it clear though, that the creature at the game is called the UNDERTAKER, not "nemesis" or "terminator." ;) Makes me wonder what they'll be calling KASKAT... :unsure: ... :o ...Oops!

Yes but some of you guys over there on that Island are afraid of our rules! /o/  They want to allow headshots and AEGs to make it easier.  ... I'm still waiting to hear back from GhostRider about the outcome.

Ghost's buggered off to greece to DJ and passed the running of the zombie game over to Steve (Reverend Scapegoat) at section 8, and as such you might have more luck getting a replie from Scapey ;) .

AEGs with realcaps and (really) tight ammo limits were sugested at the start of scapeys involvement(Here) only to allow players who due to our climate can't use pistols effectively all year round and so don't own them to take part. My own thinking on the matter(dunno if scapeys is anything remotely close to this) is since under your rules it takes double the amount of rounds to kill a zombie on full auto and most AEG realcaps only hold 30 rounds compared to the 20+ in most pistols it would make the ballance fairly even since you would only have been allowed an AEG had you not owned a pistol.

To be clear, at Section 8 headshots count normally but aren't encouraged and if scapey were to think you were deliberatly aiming for headshots he'd have words( mostly ones the filter won't let me type here :D ), then deliver a boot to the backside if you were , and in games a hit is a hit , no matter were, so folk would gain no advantage (and a sore *albartroth* ;) ) for aiming at the head.

Personally, I'd be against it. AEGs offer other advantages than hi caps. A shoulder fired weapon is generally more accurate than a pistol. Also, you then have the problem of ensuring no one cheats and switches to a hi cap later. With a pistol, that ain't an issue.

:zorro:

Personally, I'd be against it. AEGs offer other advantages than hi caps. A shoulder fired weapon is generally more accurate than a pistol. Also, you then have the problem of ensuring no one cheats and switches to a hi cap later. With a pistol, that ain't an issue. :zorro:

This is true. Something most Brits aren't considering. In October, in Moss Landing, CA, the weather is near identical to UK weather. So the "gas" excuse is really invalid. And again, for simplicity's sake, no AEGs. It's a nightmare to expect every controller to know every gun, it's loadout, the difference in magazines, etc. Plus with the subtraction of gas, there's one less thing to worry about hence easing the stressed environment we're trying to establish. If you'd only give it a shot you'd see that it really does work! Unfortunately with the stalemate at Section8 and the lack of response, I'm not even certain this event will jump the pond.

You dirty tease!  I was wondering what KASKAT was, because "it" was supposed to make an appearance right?  Is "it" supposed to be the protagonist from the Resident Evil movies?  YOU OWE ME AN ANSWER!  please.   :D

It was rumored he'd make an appearance. Something that I didn't start and I never said he would. Besides, I thought it'd be best to save him for a bigger event like October's Biohazard III. Oh, and no. You'll need to change the prefix on your title to fit KASKAT. He won't be a "protagonist." But rest assured we're looking into a more "appropriate" means of dispatching the monsters. Remember, RE this ain't... ;)

Hey Drew, can I use the MP5 I won at biohazard in the Oct. event?  Also when does the DVD come out?  I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Won? ;) No, you can't. That's not to say that there won't be some out in the fields for you to acquire...well, after what happened at Bio Intervention, maybe not you... :P /o/

As far as the DVDs, there won't be one. The Intervention games (as stated earlier on this thread) were created as a means for the people, meaning you guys, to get your zombie fix mid-season and for us, meaning NAM Staff, to test the waters with newer rules and items. They're a lower key event and don't have nearly the sponsors of the bigger events. Now with that said, and the experience of our second event's DVD, we're looking for someone else to produce a DVD for Biohazard III.

Some things we did learn watching the gameplay at Intervention:

1) Shotguns will be allowed at future events - excluding the 8mms.

2) AEPs will not be allowed - they just don't fit or work with the scenarios

3) Stashing more AEGs in the field didn't really make a difference in gameplay

4) Reiterate the necessity to TAKE CARE OF THE AEGs!

5) Designate Bio Veterans as team leaders

P.S. Has anyone heard from Monk? I hope everything's well. He hasn't posted in any of the airsoft forums since before the game.

Glad to hear you lot had a nice time. I would have.

I'm curious, what kind of load-outs do you usually see at these games?

Are they like UBCS or RPD or are they like plainclothes and stuff?

4) Reiterate the necessity to TAKE CARE OF THE AEGs!

What on earth are you talking about? :P

Yea I second the team leaders idea. Everything went to hell once our leader was gunned down by the bounty hunters, R.I.P. Scott. I think smart leaders should also have lieutenants or secondary leaders as well.

I'm curious, what kind of load-outs do you usually see at these games?

Are they like UBCS or RPD or are they like plainclothes and stuff?

For legal reasons Drew has requested that we drop the RE vocabulary, and no there weren't any players dressed up as police officers. During the first game, all the Trocar were wearing black and blue and the bounty hunters were in camo with a few in plainclothes. The second game was just a mix of camo, doh.

I saw all kinds of loadouts. I saw quite a few USP compacts and full sizes, ALOT of glocks, and even a shotgun. Tactically, I wouldn't take a shotty tho, just because they're not automatics. The ones with metal parts can really weigh you down too. Register early and Drew might let you use an AEG like my partner and me at the last game. The MP5s didn't really help as much as I thought though.

By your signature I'd suggest you get a TM Hi-Capa or TM SIG226. They're some of the most accurate GBBs on the market and the Hi-Capa mags hold nearly around 30 bbs. Ammo runs out fast though. Your footwear is more important than your weapons.

Ok, don't think i can come to any games in the near future but thanks anyways. And yea I was considering the Hi-CAPA or maybe the M1911A1 when it comes out.

Archived