US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all please don't start pointless off topic banter, it's not what I started this topic for. Keep it helmets.

Scoob,

Your Wilcox, is it preference to mount it so high, in comparison to a Rhino mount, or for technical reasons.

Oh, the reason was, if you used the diamond shaped Norotos mount, the three holes would end there. Then if you put in the Wilcox NVG mount, that's the position it will be. In other words, if I managed to buy a G&P Norotos NVG mount replica, I wouldn't need to reposition the holes on the helmet.

Another technical reason would be the shape of the helmet itself. The curve would hit the mount if placed to low.

For really short, I just copied a Navy SEAL photo :D

Thanks Guys!

148451387-M.jpg

Edited by scooberoo

Thanks for being an *albatross* ghost...Put the rest of my quote in there, I answered my own question.

Ah, you guys are giving me some great ideas for helmets, I just don't have enough money for it all! My wallet hates you guys.

For a sorta Future Warrior loadout, what all would I need on my MICH? When I buy an Eagle Plate carrier I think that is what my MultiCam loadout would start to look like. I've got the kevlar MICH w/ NVG mount and NVG flip up piece. Would an NVG mount retention strap be good? I'll probably need a good headset to go under the helmet.

Hi all, am looking at getting a IBH helm and Norotos mount but am having a spot of difficulty locating a replica swing arm mount for it. I've checked WGC and they one they list is out of stock. Is there any other retailer out there that does a replica or would I be better off importing a real deal one from the states?