• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very special nor complecated yet, but here she is:

DSC03480.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

Stuff done:

-Modified the craptastic suspension system so that it's at least mildy comfortable

-Painted with krylon Saddle Brown and Khaki Ultra-Flat

-Added velcro

-Added US American Flag patch Tan

-Added goggles

Stuff still to add:

-Real MICH suspension

-Goggle straps

-More Velcro

-Possibly a NVG mount

-Cat eyes

continued:

S2010042.jpg

S2010041.jpg

i do need to put some velcro down so the strap doesn't twist up and out like that.

Any suggestions? Soon as i fix up the arm, ill post some pictures with the mount and the arm too.

(please excuse the double post, but i filled up the post before this one with pictures)

Thanks for looking,

-Kalash

Edited by KALASH69

I'd wager to say that Medic's is the real one, since he was selling a few real ones a while ago. The replica's can be had from BoomArms where I got mine, or UNCompany.

But be warned, no one carries the black one in stock anymore, just the tan model. Which is no biggy if you intend to paint it. But if you're hung up on the black one then you'll probably only find it second hand or to get the real one, which is absurdly priced above 300 bucks.

I got mine on saturday, thanks USPS, but I'll say this, the G&P is built really really well, and I even plan on installing a real PVS on it, so it's definitly well made.

Edited by Titleist
I'd wager to say that Medic's is the real one, since he was selling a few real ones a while ago. The replica's can be had from BoomArms where I got mine, or UNCompany.

But be warned, no one carries the black one in stock anymore, just the tan model. Which is no biggy if you intend to paint it. But if you're hung up on the black one then you'll probably only find it second hand or to get the real one, which is absurdly priced above 300 bucks.

I got mine on saturday, thanks USPS, but I'll say this, the G&P is built really really well, and I even plan on installing a real PVS on it, so it's definitly well made.

i wouldn't say that its well built. the spring/NVG attachment mechanism is flimsy and binds up. tried taking it apart and the tiny screw stripped. needless to say, i JBweld'ed it together and got it working again. i'd make sure that you have a lanyard system for your PVS incase it separates from the mount

i wouldn't say that its well built. the spring/NVG attachment mechanism is flimsy and binds up. tried taking it apart and the tiny screw stripped. needless to say, i JBweld'ed it together and got it working again. i'd make sure that you have a lanyard system for your PVS incase it separates from the mount

Odd, maybe it's a quality control issue, mine is smooth in terms of the release. But regardless you're right I'll probably run a paracord lanyard in case it flops off.

Odd, maybe it's a quality control issue, mine is smooth in terms of the release. But regardless you're right I'll probably run a paracord lanyard in case it flops off.

mine only binded up when it was mounted to the helmet. the curve of the norotos mount doesn't follow the MICH exactly, so some warping took place and made the mechanism sticky