Tokyo Marui MP7A1 stripping guide

gunner-airsoft

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 question:

do you guys think the cylinder can provide enough air for this barrel??

So as to avoid "barrel suck?"

I have a quick trick (ok maybe not so quick as it requires taking everything apart) i learned about how to test if your cylinder has enough volume for the barrel:

Fill the barrel (only the barrel) with water (cover one end with your finger, duh :P ) till its full, then cover the nozzle on the cylinder head and pour the water from the barrel into the cylinder and see how much of it fills up.

If the cylinder gets filled up/overflows and there is still water left in the barrel, then the volume of the cylinder is too small.

If it ends up even or the cylinder doesnt get completely full, then you're good.

If it is too small i think you're SOL because i dont know where you'd be able to find a bigger small cylinder for that. But if i had to guess; since it is a TM i would assume that they would have thought about that (hopefully) and made the cylinder big enough.

If you do this let us know how they measure up...

P.S. I dont remember who i learned this from, so i cant give proper credit....

as I promised I will take some new photos for the internals, here we go:

mp7barrel01.jpg

mp7barrel02.jpg

2 screws here

mp7barrel03.jpg

mp7barrel04.jpg

mp7barrel05.jpg

mp7barrel06.jpg

the barrel, same outer dia as normal aeg, 8.5mm

mp7barrel07.jpg

hop up bucking

mp7barrel08.jpg

hop up chamber, there is no small rubber thingy to press the hop up bucking.

mp7box01.jpg

cylinder set

mp7box02.jpg

cylinder head without the nozzel

mp7box03.jpg

the nozzel

mp7box04.jpg

spur gear A

mp7box05.jpg

sector gear

mp7box06.jpg

rear side of sector gear

mp7box07.jpg

tappet plate and its spring

mp7box08.jpg

spur gear B

mp7box09.jpg

below is the mp7 motor, with its big bro on top

mp7box10.jpg

bevel gear and the anti reverse lacth

mp7box11.jpg

gear box , and the cut off lever attached

mp7box12.jpg

gear box

some of my customers tell me just cut out the wires from the original charger and clip the connector to a normal charger will work.

I didnt tried it yet, but there is just 2 wires coming out from the marui charger, so it make sense.

hey gunner, have you work out a way to charge the battery with a normal logic charger?

the 18c cylinder seems too short for MP7.....

the bearings may work~

DP

here is a link for the cylinder while im at it http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...18CFC_srch_g18c

staticzero,

cylinder compression? do you mean sealing the nozzel by finger and press the piston forward??

if yes, I tried already, it is totally air tight. and the piston head is also have its holes drilled by marui, so we dont need to do it ourself.

I will try to charge the battery and shoot it tonight, hopefully I can take a video and put it here.

Thanks all for the rep points!! :P

Gunner, when you test fire yours today/ tonight could you chrono it please? It would be nice to compare it againsts Far Easts results.

I ask as Im supposed to be picking mine up today or tomorrow and it is of particular interest to me.

If no-one (Gunner in particular) minds, as soon as I get mine I'll chrono it and put the results up on here for everyone to share so we have a wide range of results to consider.

Archived