Best eye protection?

navymp28

I did a search and didn't find any really relivant links for this. I am thinking of getting some ESS NVG's and WileyX glasses. Will the WileyX's work for most fields? I know they are fully sealing and offer fragmentation protection so I am sure that a plastic BB going @ 400+ FPS and lower will not be an issue. So what do you cats use?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont mean to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a set of goggles that will fit over my glasses and not make me look like a complete burke...? I don't want a mask, as i already have a neoprene half face mask, i was just wondering if anyone recommends a good set of goggles/glasses that fill fit over my prescription glasses.

If you want a rough idea of the shape of my glasses, by the way, click on my profile, there's a pic of me there. Can't see the glasses too well, but still, gives you a rough idea.

Thanx!

Stainless steel mesh industrial saftey goggles, safer than any other mesh goggle that exists, extremely low profile, small mesh makes them allmost completely transparent, stainless mesh will never degrade, no fogging.

I like them so much that I bought 100 pairs and have been selling them to share the love. :D

Ess Land ops fit over glasses no problem.

+1

I love mine! I did a review on them here:

http://kitsluts.com/?page_id=4

They are great goggles, and the only ones approved by the US army for over perscription eyewear. They are also ballistic rated so they will stop any BB that hits you in the goggles ;)

I've used Guarder shooting glasses, Revision Sawfly glasses, and Wiley-X Romer-IIs.

The Guarders were excellent - they came right round the side of the face, never really fogged badly, and were pretty comfy to wear. If you want the maximum area of your face covered, go for these (they're the ones with the single lense like Oakley M-Frames, not the newer dual-lense ones).

The Revision Sawfly glasses were really nice and relatively fog-free, but they leave a HUGE gap at the bottom where a BB could get in (both on my face and my dad's). After a few skirmishes I realised how big the gap was and thought "F**k me, I'm not using these any more". Now I use them as sunglasses.

The Wiley-X Romer-IIs are my current shooting glasses. They fit very snugly like Oakley Minutes (similar style) and make quite a good seal. They are quite small in area, so they cover far less of your face than the Guarders, but I can't really see a BB getting in behind these, even in CQB. The one problem is that they fog like MFers out of the case. After encountering this problem (I mean, literally, I wore them for 2 minutes with my gear one, and they fogged up through my just WALKING with them on), I decided to get some FogTech anti-fog solution, and it works like a charm. It comes off easily if you maul the glasses with your fingers, but one re-application before every day's softing and they NEVER fog unless you put the shemagh right round your mouth and deliberately breathe heavily. Oh yeah, they make super sunglasses too - they're UV-blocking (as are the Revisions, actually), look great and fit me better than my Oakley Minutes. I take these almost everywhere now!

I've got some Oakley Pro M-Frames with Hybrid lenses on the way to me, hopefully by the end of this week, so I'll put up my views on them as and when I have the time to test them :)

What about the vehicle ops goggles, they look pretty similar to the land ops goggles. Plus i don't want to spend £30 on something that won't fit me...

Same thing, but with better dust filters, because vehicles kick up alot of dust ;)

Havoc, B*stard! Cant complain though. Have a $150 gift card to Sunglass hut that I havent spent :D

I did a search and didn't find any really relivant links for this. I am thinking of getting some ESS NVG's and WileyX glasses. Will the WileyX's work for most fields?

ESS NVG's without any doubt.. :D

I've Wiley-X SG-1 and I have any problems with fog.. :huh:

looks more "fashion", excellent protection (twice) but, for playing.. ESS NVG.

If you like to run playing, you aren't a static player, etc.. NVG..

and like your weather is hot.. other reason to get ESS NVG..

Here's what I've got.

WileyX CQC, T-800, ESS NVG (w/thermal lens), & a pair of "advancers" on the way.

The Wiley CQC fog a lot. I even took a Dremel & drilled some tiny holes around the edge of the lens for ventilation. Still fogs.

T-800 Are fine. No fogging isssues.

I'm currently using ESS NVG . No fogging issues.

The advancers I obviously can't comment on yet. But I know a guy who has a protype pair & he has had no problems with them.

Archived