OMFG!

HaVoC

THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED TODAY, Thursday

Owing to forecasts of further snow and freezing overnight, we have taken the decision today to CLOSE THE SCHOOL TOMORROW, Friday 3 March. Apologies for this inconvenience; we hope, overall, to have spared the majority difficulties and danger.

Oh man :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I have a snow day today, also! I find it really funny that there's no accumulation, yet, and hasn't really ben snowing much. I guess the news' predictions of 4-7" of snow by the mid afternoon will come up a bit short...they're now saying 1-3" by night.

Now typical of my school's administrators. When there's a blizzard, they send us in. When it hasn't even started snowing by the time school starts, they let us stay home. :huh:

I just wish that this was a worthwhile day, since now I'm all out of snow days (and my spring break has been cut to only a week or something pathetic like that). :angry:

think you can make instant snow if you spray the power hose up inside the freezer. them big walk-in and preserve instant ninjas fridges...

might do that next time i'm in there LOL

Top tip:

Get a new, clean hose. Leave filled with water. Put in garden overnight when it's cold.

Next morning - remove frozen ice core. Makes good cold-drink ice when in small blocks.

dammn you people, by the time the cold wether gets to Newky, its just cold air, leached of all the snow.

The only time i saw any snow was last year, and yesterday, when it briefly attempted to snow but gave up after 20mins of futile dusting.

stupid clouds. COWARDS.

<_<

I hate you all. I haven't seen snow in years. When I was in Washington, I was on deployment whenever it snowed. Now I am in Hawaii. The only way I will see snow is if I go to the Big Island, and I am much too lazy to go to another island just for snow.

I'll tell you this for free; if you've got some muddy boots, say ones you use for skirmishing, walk around in the snow with them on for a while. It cleans them up a bloody treat.

Yeah, just found that for myself after spending half an hour pushing my mum's car up the track... <_<

Gucci kit helps keep you warm though, especially the SPEAR fleece :D

Archived