Loaded mags

Krazy L

OK i was going to go ahead and put bbs in my mags for the OP saturday... it is a 24hour game so i know i will be busy getting gear and crud ready. so will my M4, Mp5 mid caps... and my G18c mags be fine with bbs in them for like 2 days... or should i just wait?\

wow I FEEL LIKE SUCH A NOOB!!!

i wouldnt leave high caps winded, i made that mistake with my utg high caps and now the clock spring is weak as f, why would you wind them that lon before hand anyways? it only takes a minute or so to wind them, but they should be good for a couple hours winded but i wouldnt leave them winded longer because im afraid they might weaken : ( then again im paranoid about that kind of stuff

well i usually load my Mags the friday before the game. then wind up and gas the gbb mags before we play. but we will be in a car all day tomorrow so... I was just going to load them now....But maybe i will wait and load them in the morning... it is 1:38 am here... LOL and i have to rebuild a PC tomorrow...

Yeah, I don't think it will do too much damage to low caps since I've accidentally left a few of mine fully loaded for a few days and they seem fine. Although I have one that was loaded for like a week and haven't tested it yet, we'll see how that turns out.

Usually they don't lose their power until you load them and unload them alot. Compressing and decompressing springs hurts more than leaving them compressed.

I still wouldn't leave them loaded for 2 days. I also doubt anything major would happen, but better safe than sorry.

Leaving a spring compressed does not weaken it. It is the act of compressing and decompressing that causes wear.

You are wrong.

For example, forget de-clock AEG's main spring for 1 week and after that you will find significant drop in FPS!

The same thing with any other spring-powered airgun - leaving them cocked for a long period kills spring power, not a compress-decompress cycling.

It’s all from understanding physic of processes inside metal of spring.

i wouldnt leave high caps winded, i made that mistake with my utg high caps and now the clock spring is weak as f, why would you wind them that lon before hand anyways? it only takes a minute or so to wind them, but they should be good for a couple hours winded but i wouldnt leave them winded longer because im afraid they might weaken : ( then again im paranoid about that kind of stuff

:fear2: *fruitcage* ME IN THE *albatross* WITH A STAR MAG!!!!!!!!!!

I just realized I left both of my UTG mags would the last time I used it!!

Other guy: :huh: I don't see what the big deal is? Just because you left you mags wound for a little bit longer than you should have is no reason to get bum *fruitcage*ed by a high quality yet affordable piece of equipment.

Me: I haven't used the gun since it broke back in AUGUST.

Other guy: :blink: Come again?

Me: I said my high caps have been wound for 7 months straight. But on the plus side, I just realized I don't have to by bb's for a while because I just found about 800 of them. ^_^

Other guy: Right, congradulations on your terrific find. Now drop your pants while I go get my STAR mags.

Archived