The Budget

HaVoC

Ah, Britain. Great.

Gordon Brown (the tax tw*t, for you Americans ;)) announced the new budget today. Increase in tax on new cars that are more environmentally polluting, and a total tax exemption for 'a small number of cars' that are especially efficient and clean. Sounds good, no?

It would be if either of the TWO (yes, two) cars included within the tax-free bracket were even f***ing available in this country. That's right, the SMART Diesel isn't available here, which means you're going to have a tough job buying a new one. The Honda Petro-electric (or whatever it's called) dual-fuel car was discontinued 2 years ago and so obviously can't be bought new either.

What a f***ing joke.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is that it's yet another Labour scam.

"Oh great, Labour are attempting to promote environmentally friendly transport by giving tax exemptions to clean cars! Wow, great job!"

But scratch even slightly below the surface and it's dishonest and total b*llocks, as with pretty much everything else that's come out of this government. The great thing is, people obviously keep falling for it, because they're in their third term.

I have no sympathy for people stuck in this god-forsaken country now, because most of them were stupid enough to vote these poopies back in in the first place.

My point is that it's yet another Labour scam.

"Oh great, Labour are attempting to promote environmentally friendly transport by giving tax exemptions to clean cars! Wow, great job!"

But scratch even slightly below the surface and it's dishonest and total b*llocks, as with pretty much everything else that's come out of this government. The great thing is, people obviously keep falling for it, because they're in their third term.

I have no sympathy for people stuck in this god-forsaken country now, because most of them were stupid enough to vote these poopies back in in the first place.

What do you think they are doing it for? hiring people to smuggle people into the country and kidnapping people on the way to the job centre so they cant get a job?

come live over here in the northern ireland

its the place  time/government forgot !

Why is it every product promotion, sale, phone-in competition & prize draw always says at the bottom 'excluding Northern Ireland'? Surely that's not on.

Why don't they scrap road tax all together and put it on the fuel (with rebates for buisness use etc), that way the more fuel you use (ie the more you use the roads) the more tax you pay...

Oh because we already pay as much as in places were they do that for fuel...

Thats the problem per see Labour's nothing more then eye candy. Which fits perfectly in todays society per see. It's unfortunate that only a few people in todays country actually cares about politics. Am sure our forfathers are weeping in their graves espically for the amount of toil and hardship they put into make voting availible for everyone :/

Infact I want this society to slip into chaos and degregation only then will people pull their fingers out of their arses and do something about it.

Why don't they scrap road tax all together and put it on the fuel (with rebates for buisness use etc), that way the more fuel you use (ie the more you use the roads) the more tax you pay...

Oh because we already pay as much as in places were they do that for fuel...

I've never quite got why fuel is cheaper in the city. If I want to go to the supermarket, it's a 20 minute drive. What does the government want me to do, eat the lawn?

BNP every time.

Raving loonies for me

Just found out recently that raving lord such tried to contest my local constituency back in the mid nineties.

One of his policies was to drain Poole harbour of water and fill it with red wine. Then freeze it, so people could go ice skating on it, chip of some ice and have wine on tap so to speak.

Bearing in mind Poole harbour is the second largest natural harbour in the world (after Sydney) and god knows how he intended on keeping it frozen.

But lets be honest every one knows his greatest folly was suggesting red instead of white wine...everyone knows white wine shouldnt be chilled.

actually have you read the whole tax document? its a fantastic cure for insomnia...

seriously i don't even want to consider that that fething grey streak of a man wants to be the next PM he'll be more boring then john major and thats saying something!

oh good gods i'd kill meself before that happened.

pete

Archived