Airsoft DeLisle Carbine?

Lance Jackass

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, I would go with spring. Semi automatic isn't needed and gas just drives the price up. For 1J, simple springer type internals are all yuo really need. Good luck on your project and keep us updated with how it's going.

are you talking about spring _pistols_? then you are aware that this would limit barrel lenght to about the lenght in the pistol ...

that would just be silly ...

but if you where talking about rifles ... then im with you ...

Bullzebub i have no idea what you just said lol. Any chance you could clarify please?

Doc- yeah id love those pics please that would be great. Cheers

Catchv22- ive just got myself a digital camera so once its built i'll put it in the projects section probably mate. I think a lot of the metalwork will either be scrounged off mates with metal work shops or done by an engineer. The best tools i have myself are a hammer and a glue gun- what more could a real man need?

Anyone know where to get either a UHC or TM springer HG colt .45 from please in the UK?

cheers

Ian

Good point about the springer internals. Seeing how this is a custom job though, the internals can be modified and need to be modified anyway.

He's saying with a spring pistol internal (piston/cylinder) it may not be able to propell the BB very far. However, with modifications, I think it could be fixed. You're making full metal internals anyway. I'd suggest making a plastic version out of the springer internals first and see how it goes before making metal internals so you can make improvements upon it.

The Valkyrie Arms page that Krazy L linked has a video. In it, the narrator mentoins the suppressor is 2 inches x 12 inches. So, I would think the barrel would be around the same length.

I also think if you are going to the trouble of making custom bits from metal, you might not want to base this around a spring pistol. Perhaps a marushin M1 carbine would be a good base gun? Or maybe the new KJW M700! :)

Well the spring pistol is just to see how it works.

My plan is to:

Get a custom barrel made first.....then i know the right length.

Buy a colt .45 springer mag to use in it.

The parts i could pretty much rip out of any springer to measure up, then get built to the right size.

Buy a 1Joule spring.

Work out the bolt action mechanism and get it made.

Get the cosmetic parts of the rifle made.

why not use a VSR action with a fake mag? they are fairly small guns.

there is also a really good book, but very hard to get hold of.

"Delisle Commando Carbine" by Ian Skennerton (I think thats how you spell it)

there is two copies out there, one in the Edinburgh reference library,

and one in cambridge.....

I have tried many times to get this book!

McM

I don't think the VSR would work well because the mag is in the wrong place, right? On the Delisle 2000, the mag well would be hanging out in space off the suppressor.. :unsure:

The original gun was converted from a bolt action rifle by making a special adaptor which went in place of the box mag and some bolt mods, to copy that method is probably the easiest route, since you seem really stuck on the whole correct pistol mag thing. :D

Maybe use a WA single stack mag, that would be cool... Then if you had a WA single-stack sidearm to go with it, they could use the same mags.. :)

Interesting also the original used a Thompson barrel.. Perhaps a spring tommy gun would be another way to start this.

Well heres the update so far:

Got some awsome pictures- thanks doc and Mcmadcat and some measurements in the works.

Managed to source some springer colt .45 mags for £5 a pop.

Bought a glock 19 hop up unit.

Buying a de lisle book with more accurate pictures in it.

Sourced parts for the woodwork and other random realsteel bits and bobs.

Sourced a manufacturer for a custom inner barrel and an engineer for the metal parts.

My only problem now is whether the custom piston parts etc will fit in the weapon itself. If not its all over lol.

• 4 months later...

Archived