Prime KSC USP metal slide and barrel

Classicx

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So from my understanding the Prime slide doesn't really require any modding nor does the taiwan slide, it sounds like the shooters design needs some slight modding.

The SD slide from my understanding is of the best quality out of the 3 with the prime slide not being too far behind and the TW slide ranking at the bottom quality wise.

Hmm what to pick, I need something easy to install right now i'm pretty sure i'll get the prime slide my question is what does it mean when the "mags" have to be modified and do they need to be modified to use the prime slide?

You cannot put a Glock 19 spring on the USP recoil rod to the best of my knowledge.

You'll have to buy another spring, just read the previous posts above mate :P

Just to add my view on the which metal slide to go for.

I went with the white one made buy Prime in the end.

It required no filling to fit and I'd imagine it would be the same for the black version they make.

And the two tone effect is hard to beat :D

I've no experience with the Shooters Design slides, so I cannot comment there sorry!

About the SD USP .45 spring set.

The recoil spring in not too strong ( guarder's one are far too strong), but like the stock one, when the slide is pulled back, the spring is too large and is rubbing on the frame.

I didn't see a large difference with the chronograph using the stock and SD hammer spring, with an PGC hiflow valve. Maybe 5 or 10 fps.

The third spring (don't know his name ) is less strong than the stock one.

So I stick with my stock TM p226 recoil spring. :P

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a picture or diagram of exactly what needs to be fixed on the SD slide/ob? I think I actually like the look of the Prime kit, but having to use the stock *plastic* extractor kind of bothers me.

I'm going to raid the picture forum to see if I can find better examples but if anyone has good pics of the SD and Prime slides I would be very interested in seeing them.

UN Company are now selling a KSC USP with the SD Tactical slide and inner barrel installed alredy. I will be putting an order in as I have trouble changing mags let alone upgrading guns. My question is will I need to get hi-flow valves installed in the mags for it to work properly ? I will be using Abby Predator gas fyi.

UN Company are now selling a KSC USP with the SD Tactical slide and inner barrel installed alredy. I will be putting an order in as I have trouble changing mags let alone upgrading guns. My question is will I need to get hi-flow valves installed in the mags for it to work properly ? I will be using Abby Predator gas fyi.

You shouldn't need to, although if you did you'd get more power + less shots per fill.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey can anyone help me with installing a new recoil spring? I've been trying to remove the little black ring near the front, but all my attempts just end in broken finger nails.

Use needle nose pliers. Use the tip to push oneside forward, then grab the now protruding end and yank. Gets easier with practice.

I've given up on trying to remove the black ring. Anyways, I got the black Prime slide. Its color is quite different from the stock slide. Instead of black it seems to be a very very dark shade of blue or a light shade of black. Its obvious when looking at the frame and slide together that the colors are different. Are RS usps like this?

Archived