Armalites: GP vs CA!

Akira

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get the CA, mine shoots at 315-327, on the limits of what is allowed to be mentioned here and of what UK sites allow. The build quality is great with ca (probaly is with both), for a out of the box gun which you won't need to do naything to get the CA, and the ROF is great on a 8.4v and insane on a 9.6v.

I agree with mario114.

If you like grate rof the CA CQB is the pick, it´s designed to have a veery high rof.

The other positive thing is that, the CA CQB has reinforced parts, new gears, tappet plate, piston, piston head, ball bearing spring guide, maybe something more. :)

What i have heard is that G&P has better metal body than CA, but I would never complain on the metal body CA is using.

Then offcorse it´s a big plus if you are handy with aegs, as the G&P need some replacement, some don´t. (personally i think that´s only with a veery fue examples), so don´t get locked up on that.

If you want an G&P, buy it replace the truboling parts afterwards, save the money.

And one more thing you can buy an G&P aimpoint replica fore US32$ at WGC or was it redwolf.

Don´t remember they loverd their price when they saw that ehobbayaisa where selling them fore that price (ebay store).

I hope I helped out a bit, if not spank me :P

Guys - he said in his first post that he's not very technically minded - so do you think he's going to be jumping at the chance to open up his brand new G&P to install new internals?

You said the only reason that you were thinking of getting the G&P was because you didn't want to have to mess around with the CA - but that's exactly what people are advising you to do - only with the G&P instead...

CC

What are these "external problems" you guys are talking about? I've had my CA M15 for a while now and have had no problems whatsoever on the inside or outside!

He's saying that some of the metal used in some of CA's external parts aren't the best. Not that they are bad but G&P uses better parts and metal.

Not only that, but I believe staticzero was referring to fitting Real Steel accessories. I believe some issues with sizing arose when people tried fitting real still RIS systems and such. Not usually a concern for the average airsofter, but good to keep in mind if you do choose CA.

Personally, I'd go with the G&P. All you need is confidence and patience to replace the necessary gearbox parts.

If you're half competent or know someone that is, then get the G&P.

If you want a pickup & play gun, get the CA.

Personally, the warranty from where you buy it is a big thing. I'd go with FireSupport (never had experience with them, but they have a 6month warranty on G&P guns). That way, you wont even have to replace those parts at your cost, and you can ask them to drop in an M100/1J spring for you at minimum cost when buying the gun.

That's what I'd do anyway...

If you're half competent or know someone that is, then get the G&P.

If you want a pickup & play gun, get the CA.

Personally, the warranty from where you buy it is a big thing. I'd go with FireSupport (never had experience with them, but they have a 6month warranty on G&P guns). That way, you wont even have to replace those parts at your cost, and you can ask them to drop in an M100/1J spring for you at minimum cost when buying the gun.

That's what I'd do anyway...

Problem is that i'm buying it when i'm in Hong Kong next month, so ideally i'd get all the problematic parts replaced whilst i'm out there - if it breaks down when i'm back in the UK it'd be a pain in the *albartroth* man.

If youre buying G&P, buy from the UK. All the little pieces that will break add up, and will end up costing you.

Or go CA from HK, specifically the CQB. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

In the end, both decisions are great... solid metal and reliable AEGs.

there are gearbox guides everywhere. in my opinion, sometimes getting the gearbox out of the body is harder than opening up and working on a gearbox. it's not really a matter of being a "technical" person or not, it's whether you just want to or not.

I got my G&P M4A1 used and it was supposevly tuned by a company i think is called replisoft. supposing it's tuned(which i'm 99% sure it is), it sets my expectations for the next AR variant i buy very high.

CA's are great out of the box, they just shoot great out of the box. but now after owning a G&P i'd rather have a gun which needs a tiny bit of tweaking over a gun which needs no tweaking.

either way you can't go wrong. also, you may want to consider the WGC Shop custom M4A1, it uses G&P externals and God knows what internals, but from what i've read they shoot extremely well, plus they're just like $10 more than a G&P. everyone i've talked to have said they don't need tweaking and are shimmed fine.

there are gearbox guides everywhere. in my opinion, sometimes getting the gearbox out of the body is harder than opening up and working on a gearbox. it's not really a matter of being a "technical" person or not, it's whether you just want to or not.

I got my G&P M4A1 used and it was supposevly tuned by a company i think is called replisoft. supposing it's tuned(which i'm 99% sure it is), it sets my expectations for the next AR variant i buy very high.

CA's are great out of the box, they just shoot great out of the box. but now after owning a G&P i'd rather have a gun which needs a tiny bit of tweaking over a gun which needs no tweaking.

I think that sums it up pretty well. Glad you like your gun! I plan on buying my G&P in a week or so :P.

I think we all know :bestgun: now.

And so far, I've got this list of parts to pick up when I buy the gun

Hop-up

Hop-up bucking

tappet plate (I've heard something about modding one... what's that all about?)

Nozzle

Gears (I've heard conflicting answers)

shims

And anything else I'm missing?

I've pretty much decided on getting a G&P M4 now, after so much researching into it - the general consensus is that G&P's are superior than CA but they require internal upgrades to iron out the faults!

Now, I have one chance to get it right when i'm over there - since I won't be able to carry out any extensive tests during my 2 weeks in HK I find it very important to get all the necessary upgrades done in one go! The quote above was from another buyer of a G&P M4, i believe that sums up all the parts that are known to be crappy in a G&P and that need to be replaced - finally I can sleep well knowing what i'm getting! hehe

well, the only thing really needed is a new sector gear or just new gear set. i'd probably just get a new gear set in case just one new sector gear doesn't work well with the 2 other G&P's. my hop up is perfectly fine, nice and consistent. shims should be bought anyways with any gun basically.

so pretty much all you need is about $40-$60 on upgrades. there was one guy on a forum, maybe this one who only replaced the gear so the huge nub wasn't there and all the other parts including tappet plate and nozzle worked perfectly fine.

also, if you don't have one, get a file. a review i read said that the hop up chamber is tight and won't give the bounce like it's suppose to.

after these simple things you'll have an amazing gun that will last you a VERY long time

Problem is that i'm buying it when i'm in Hong Kong next month, so ideally i'd get all the problematic parts replaced whilst i'm out there - if it breaks down when i'm back in the UK it'd be a pain in the *albartroth* man.

You're going to HK?

Buy the CA CQBR at the CA shop in Mong Kok.

NOt only do you get a free membership, it's faaaaar cheaper than anywhere else.

If you are into gun realism and mil-sim then the G&P version is not a CQBR. The G&P's barrel is too short, it doesn't use the correct Knight's RAS etc whereas a CA does and would be more appropriate if you are into realism.

Of course they both have issues with trades, mil-spec etc.

The G&P barrel IS THE CORRECT LENGTH. Correct, the G&P uses an M4 Short FF Ras, and the CA uses the correct M4RAS, but that's the only thing CA has over the G&P.

Don't get me wrong, I've had the CA, liked it, but my G&P is better.

Still, if you're in MongKok -- well, feel my angst.

The G&P is too short beyond the foresight. The barrel should measure approx 16mm from the front of the foresight to flash hider washer and only the CA has the correct barrel length.

The G&P version is not an issue military weapon i.e. it is not a CQBR. It is an interpretation.

You're going to HK?

Buy the CA CQBR at the CA shop in Mong Kok.

NOt only do you get a free membership, it's faaaaar cheaper than anywhere else.

What's the perks of free membership?

I'm not a hardcore mil-sim nut or anything and in terms of aesthetics both the CA & G&P look perfectly fine to me, i'm just opting for the G&P because it *should* last me for a good, good while :)

I'm thinking of extending the barrel with a:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...h_GD-ACC-M1602B

so that it appears like a CA M15A4 RAS - but minus the dodgy PEQ :D

What's the perks of free membership?

With a membership you gain points with each purchase (for the money you spend, technically) and these points can be used to purchase other stuff, like mags (a few hundred points) to a brand new CA249 mk 1 (several hundred million points).

I e-mailed G&P the other day regarding their CQBR internals and here was the reply I got today:

Dear Gar,

Before our tappet plate really is weak but now we have re-product it to be stronger. Now is no problem.

But we haven't heard that from our customers that our hop-up,nozzle and such have problem.

Best Regards,

Webmaster

Man, the confusion with it all :nosleep:

Archived