Armalite Pictures

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"*albartroth*" comes to mind :P

Oh well, the alternative is the fugly RIS M203 and I wouldn't go near that with two 10ft barge poles tied end on  ;)  (Nasty, Nasty M203! :P)

Well, that's a plan gone tits up then  :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys :) Back to the drawing board it would seem :P

:geek:

I think the long M203 on the full size M16 looks sexy as hell.

I guess that answers my question then, M16s have longer foregrips...  :mellow:

So, to use it how I'd like to (with that foregrip and that '203), I'd have to get an M16 front assembly I guess?  :huh:

You could get an M4A1 and get the RS Falcon M203 handguard as seen here on my old set up

DSCN0415.sized.jpg

Phoenix, if you are paying so much money for airsoft realism, why then tarnish it for "usability". Might as well buy a paintball mask and a tippmann 98 and start playing paintball.

Realism ftw!

"*albartroth*" comes to mind :P

Oh well, the alternative is the fugly RIS M203 and I wouldn't go near that with two 10ft barge poles tied end on  ;)  (Nasty, Nasty M203! :P)

Well, that's a plan gone tits up then  :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys :) Back to the drawing board it would seem :P

wrong, wrong, wrong...

Here is how you do it.

-get the barrel assembly of a TM M16A2 (might want to get a barrel block to counter any wobble)

-then you get a first factory SMG barrel (basicly a shorter outer barrel piece)

-remove the outer barrel from the A2s barrel assembly

-take of the front sight

-fit that front sight to the FF SMG barrel

-put the FF barrel on the barrel assembly

-fit it on the desired receiver

-install short M203 and heatshield (only thing i'm not sure on, but thinking about it, only the actual difference between 203's *should* be the barrel,

the body should be the same lenght )

now you migh be hesitant of the TM barrel assembly (i.e. no one piece barrel etc.) pish posh, get a barrel block and barrel wobble be gone !

i have used a similar barrel assemby on my custom sniper rifle (think my barrel block was made by KM) and dissapator build

easy, modular(you can always go back to normal outer barrel), and cheap way to build you baby...

you'r welcome :D

edit: thinking about it some more, i'm sure now, short M203s and regular M203s only differ by barrel ! why do i know? TM 203s can use both the heatshield and mounts for M4s, plus it wouldn't make much sense (productionwise) for them to be different

Edited by sturgis
<snip>

You can modify tah ###### out of it and make it fit...or you can always get teh crappy plastic 2roy m203 which mounts between the front sight (i wouldnt recomend it).

I could take the even easier option, which you've just reminded me of something I read...

2ROY M203 Launcher

Specifically...

"One interesting feature is that the front loop portion can be permanently removed from the launcher body if you intend to install this unit onto a short barrelled M4. In that case, you use the front sight sling mount instead as the mounting point for a nice clean look!"

Sure, I can't use the spiffy '203 handguard, but it's a nice alternative, besides, from handling a couple of CA armalites, they're heavy enough anyways :P

Might just have to be the option I take ;)

Ok guys decided to go with a Marui M16A2 as it wasn't guarenteed that the CA M15A4 parts would fit on the Hurricane and the fact that Marui is always reliable so could someone tell me what parts are metal on the gun and what shade of color are they?Thanks

Actually now looking at the pic, i see the mount is mounting the 203 on the front sight assembly. Take a look, i dont know if there is actually a mount on the flash hider.

I've just noticed that too, there does also seem to be a loop going over the flash hider as well tho.

In the original pic I saw of the IDF with m203s mounted on M733s they only had one mount at the front which was a loop of wire I just can't for the life of my find the pic.

Somone used it as a ref pic when they did the same on their M733 and it was on a forum somewhere.

I think the long M203 on the full size M16 looks sexy as hell.

I happen to have a softspot for the very same thing, just the M16 I have is surplus to requirements at the moment, hence the M16/M203 will have to wait :(

As a result, I've decided to sell it :(

[/shameless plug]