Armalite Pictures

i have both the eotech and the real acog ta31f. i find that the eotech is the fasted sight i have ever used on both real steel and airsoft, and the acog is like looking at the world through high def, simply amazing. for airsoft ranges though the eotech is more practical, but the acog lets you spot out a little bit.

personally one reddot that gets overlooked the most is probably the most practical. the trijicon tripower. it has fiber optic for the day, tritium for night, can use batteries, little chemlights, and is nvg compatible. If you are looking at something you don't need to worry about failing its the way to go.

About airsoft though, i'd rather have the eotech on most guns.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad the tripower is a huge piece of ######. Sorry, worst scope I've ever used this side of the Zeiss Z-Point.

Agreed, tri-power is not a good optic. Their Accupoint is a bit better, but not all that great for .223 either. The Short Dot is by far the best .223 optic out there now...their glass is leaps and bounds better than what Trijicon or Lupy uses for their scopes (that said, don't trust any thing unless it comes from an independent reviewer, which I'm not).

For airsoft, I guess anything works.

Sorta incorrect there, sir. The TA31 series are what's being issues instead of the TA01NSN these days, the TA31 has tritium so in the dark the reticle glows amber/red, however that tube on the top of the TA31 is a piece of fiber optic that pulls ambient during daylight/etc and illuminates a red chevron reticle. So it's illuminated by the sun/light source or in the dark it has tritium to do the job.

The TA01 is the older style ACOG, this is the original, and it's a standard cross hair (with 5.56 drop compensator), so normal cross hair during the day, in dark situations the triitum in the scope makes the crosshairs glow yellow in low light. The TA01NSN specifically has backup iron sights on the top of the scope, whereas the TA31 has none.

Hope that helps.

Thanks sir. If I had an AEGs, M4, I'd buy a TA31 with a J-point on top of it. AKA this one, it look very sexy http://www.islandtactical.com/index.asp?Pa...D&ProdID=100646

Edited by bigbaby

icsm4he6.jpg

*Says in Wanes World voice "She will be mine, Oh Yes, She Will be Mine."

And im sooo close to getting it, i just need some people to pay me the money they owe me lol. I'm going to be using a CA M15A4 Carbine as the base, then from there.... who knows :flamethrower: :sick: .

Edited by Chrome Beretta

final count stands at:

AIM M4

Modified TM M4 carry handle

Classic Army carry handle mount

TM M4 sliding stock

TM M4 Org. outer barrel with neg threads

G&P Aimpoint red/green dot

Fire Pig Metal body

Fire Pig flash hider

:D

I still feel dirty for owning an Armalite, but it's a good dirty :)

Edited by judgeman