Guns in Movies - The G36

Fuser

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never noticed G36s in BSG really.. which is odd because I usually look.. The guy on Caprica used a UMP and that was all I really paid attention to.

The Battlestars use "normal" kinetic weapons like the wall of flak they put up in capital engagements and bullets in fighters (hell, even the Cylons use bullets in their Raiders)

A bit of glorified tin foil and you have an excellent laser deflector :)

Add to the fact that the Colonies don't use high-tech because of Cylon infiltration techniques, having a constantly realigning laser in a weson would probably use a computer and that runs the risk of having Cylons affect it (admittedly they don't seem to worry about it with onboard ship computers of the non-networked variety, but theres a point where having it is a bonus and not having it can still be survivable, the bungs in vipers would still work minus the DRAEDUS (or whatever) computers)

Can't stop a bullet with software.. (I could insert something half-baked and attempting to be funny now but it would die on it's posterior)

Best thing about the original BSG was 1) Music 2) Capes

They use the music in the remake occasionally, no capes as of yet..

All-in-all I was impressed with new series - great visuals, real characters and believable scenarios. Plus the one whee they got boarded was great :)

If Harold took up killing as a profession then I'd watch.

Or if there were more G36s in general involved. Living in Australia you would want some sort of automatic weapon.. Funnel Web Spiders.. Deadly Snakes.. Wildlife Journalists that want to stick their thumbs up your butthole..

I think they had a storyline a few years ago where someone's grandfather owned a rifle. Of course, this was a bad thing, so he was made to give it up by his family after he shot the family dog. That the dog was dying of cancer at the time didn't seem to enter into the equation.

:zorro:

Its brain might have been infested with Funnel Web Spiders or the spirit of Harold Bishop - Assassin (assuming it was during the time Harold was presumed dead, allowing his killer spirit to exist logically)

But seriously.. if you wnted to live in London and not get attacked you should move to Albert Square, you only die at christmas, but you pay for that security with a lifetime of misery and mispronounced words. If you get shot you always survive and hardly anyone gets mugged. You don't even go to prison for stealing stuff or running people over usually.

Edit: The last bits true for the rest of England really.. unless you use toy guns of course, then you're freakin' DOOMED.

It might sound easy at first but they'd have to dig out about 17 million shopping trolleys first, csoting the taxpayer millions. Unsolved crime is cheaper - plus they'd have to introduce new characters then.. or shift the porgrammes focus to a prison drama.

Only it'd be a great (comparatively) prison as there would be no drugs or buggery and the guards would sit you down for a nice cuppa if you were having any problems.

Don't forget swearing.. it just not realistic without the London cockney-rhyming slang and swearing combo.

I see the anal intrusion and Class As as bonuses.

So yeah.. er.. G36s. I can't decide between an AUG, G36 of some sort or an AK of some sort.

Nana Moon should have gone out fighting a SWAT team or something (flown in from LA especially)

There are enough "bad guys" in EastEnders to permit a large shipment of G36s.. then it could turn into some sort of Bad-person-run-district like in Sin City and the whole show becomes a lot more interesting

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, assuming it had guns in it. I could see Pat as some sort of Black Market fence selling weapons and drugs to the Albert Squarians. Plus she'd offer the services of the more supple surviving women.. you think Mike Reid taught her nothing about selling the people what they want?

If the new BSG had buggery in would you like it more Sledge? We already established it had G36s, P90s and I can't remember if it was BSG or Firefly that had MP5SDs in.. if it was BSG then it has my favourite guns, if it wasnt then it still has 2 of my faves.

I would get both guns but my money tree has died and I'll have trouble, obviosuly if the VCRB is delayed further then I'll see if I can gather more funds and get more.. obviously.

I like bullpup and cant afford decent L8x and P90 isn't quite bullpup enough for me.. but the G36 is so modular.. I can have an MG or a sniper rifle just by buying parts after the ban..

Archived