You know what really grinds my gears?

otherrandomhero

Haha, its true that this is the complaint thread but he meant people who exessively complain and moan about things that they cause.

eg: getting hit in the mouth when they dont have a mask

oh and...

Wh47 4r3 y0u 74k1n6 4b0u7? W3 |337 5p34k3r5 4r3 7h3 5h17!

jk

People that do stupid stuff when they airsoft annoy me but I don't really push the issue. But what really ticks me off is when people say or hint that im a spoiled kid because I work all summer for every single cent I own so therefore I have more money then the people that are lazy and don't work. Go figure!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what really grinds my gears?

People who don't wear full face masks and then moan if they get hit in the face, they really grind my gears!

Yes headshots should be avoided, but sometimes things go wrong and a BB might get you in the face. And sometimes this might hurt, especially if it happens up close.

But you know what, there is a way of avoiding that stingy pain and its called a Full Face Mask. You may have seen them before, its the thing I wear all the time that I keep on getting giggled at for. Well guess whos giggling now...

The choice is yours

1) Wear goggles, look 'tough' and not whinge when being hit in the face,

or

2) Wear full mask, loose a little bit of vision and not get hit in the face.

make the choice, shut your cake holes, and quite grinding my gears!

I do where full face mask (which is very inpracticle as im a sniper).Its just that the BB's occasionaly go though the holes.

+ My site doasnt even count headshoots.

And you know what realy grinds my gears. People telling me that anyone can be a sniper and that it's realy easy.

Paintballers that think they're all tough *beep* because "their sport hurts more when you get hit" then list a bunch of supposed advantages over airsoft. I'll point them out.

Airsoft over paintball:

-Price: the cheapest full paintball gun i've seen was $60. The cheapest airsoft gun i've seen was 60 cents.

ammo price: you can get 10,000 bb's for $20, whereas 2000 paintballs cost $40.

Playability (i think that's a word)-you can play airsoft almost anywhere sensible, whereas you can't with paintball because you don't want paint all over.

accuracy-airsoft guns are WAYYY more accurate than paintball guns

realism-airsoft guns are usually accurate-to-detail models of real guns, whereas paintball guns look like super soakers and don't even have sights.

power source-a gas tube and a CO2 tank is much more annoying to deal with than a battery.

PAINTBALL OVER AIRSOFT:

-you can tell if someone was hit because it leaves a mark

-more fields to play on because today's society seems to have no mind of its own and thinks that paintball is the only sport out there.

-paintballers will say that their sport hurts more, but here's the kicker. Some paintballers i know have guns that have adjustable pressure in the chamber from 100-600 FPS. With a 3-gram paintball, 600 fps is 50 joules, which is enough to kill you if you get hit in the temple.

I do believe i just pwned paintball tenfold. Thanks for all your input everyone,

otherrandomhero

I do where full face mask (which is very inpracticle as im a sniper).Its just that the  BB's occasionaly go though the holes.

+ My site doasnt even count headshoots.

And you know what realy grinds my gears. People telling me that anyone can be a sniper and that it's realy easy.

Okay, so a full face mask wont stop all the head shots, but its sure going to stop more than a pair of googles will. Also I've not heard a full face masker whinge about being hit in the face, somehow they accept it as a possible outcome of a hobby like Airsoft.

As for not counting headshots... Can't say I agree

On the low level it can lead to situations where people get into such a position where the only target they are presenting is their head, weither intentionally or accidently. This means you can't take them out and they get an (imo) unfair advantage. I am mostly thinking of this in a defender vs assaulter scenario, although it could also happen in more fluid situations where a 'sneak peak' can result in a kill if your not careful enough.

On the worst end of the scale (and with highly foolish players) you can end up with a situation where people will get their head in the way of your shot to make the shot not count. In fantasy Live Role Play this is called 'The Head Parry' and has been a large cause of injuries, resulting in many sites making headhits count so that people keep their heads out of danger. Not saying it would be that easy with airsoft but I do worry that some 'by any means neccesery' monkey-boy would give it a go.

As for snipering - I totally feel your annoyance on that one, Sniper is more than a long range weapon and some cammo cream!

Wh47 4r3 y0u 74k1n6 4b0u7? W3 |337 5p34k3r5 4r3 7h3 5h17!

What are you taking about we leet speakers are the [expletive]

(the word talking needs an 'l')

Playability (i think that's a word)-you can play airsoft almost anywhere sensible, whereas you can't with paintball because you don't want paint all over.

Yea right, you cant just shoot an airsoft gun anywhere, you would cause damage to walls (lots of dents) and anything that can break, might (lovley flowerpot i knocked of a window ledge once). Not to mention the large number or burly blokes legging it around and bumping into stuff(i am a wall hugger)

Really amazingly closed minded friends who cant understand that i enjoy something that they dont.

Im actually quite pleased that most of my friends accept my sport, and understand my need to have expensive replicas. There is one however, who just wont accept that i spend my money on something he doesnt. He complains that i dont need to spend 240 quid on a gun, and when i make the comparison to his 300 quid guitar, he just says that his guitar is "worth" the 300 quid and my CA36k isnt. What the hell makes that so eh? Nothing. He also seems to say "whats the point of spending that kind of money on a BB GUN" alot, which really ###### me off when i have just spend half an hour explaining that to him. Bah to closed minded friends.

Paintballers that think they're all tough *beep* because "their sport hurts more when you get hit" then list a bunch of supposed advantages over airsoft. I'll point them out.

Airsoft over paintball:

ammo price: you can get 10,000 bb's for $20, whereas 2000 paintballs cost $40.

accuracy-airsoft guns are WAYYY more accurate than paintball guns

power source-a gas tube and a CO2 tank is much more annoying to deal with than a battery.

PAINTBALL OVER AIRSOFT:

-you can tell if someone was hit because it leaves a mark

-more fields to play on because today's society seems to have no mind of its own and thinks that paintball is the only sport out there.

-paintballers will say that their sport hurts more, but here's the kicker. Some paintballers i know have guns that have adjustable pressure in the chamber from 100-600 FPS. With a 3-gram paintball, 600 fps is 50 joules, which is enough to kill you if you get hit in the temple.

I do believe i just pwned paintball tenfold. Thanks for all your input everyone,

otherrandomhero

Now before I get the stink eye from everybody on this thread let me explain one thing. I have been loyaly playing airsoft for some six years now and i was also a very involved paintball player up until about a year or so ago. here are my reasons for stopping:

1) paint became way to expensive unless you were sponsored

2) the group I played with got struck by lightning and became idiots of the first class

To continue let me just disprove some of the things my learned friend just said. But let me also say that he also ha some very valid points.

Firstly:

Yes the price of ammunition is outrageos but you can also say that the better quality the product is the more expensive it will be. Just the same way with airsoft bbs. now to expand on that thought it goes by size it is infact easier to sit 20,000 bbs into a space then it is to fit 2000 paintballs into the same space am i correct. I am not saying that one sport is better than the other im just stating the facts.

Then we have the question of accuracy yes airsoft does have the slight and almost disregardable advantage of realistic sights and the fact of the matter is that 50% of all airsofters dont know that the blades are supposed to line up... but that same airsofter can pick up a paintball marker and just by instict put the tip of the barrel just to the right of the intended target and shoot a near bullseye at 50 feet. again I love airsoft!

Then the number one most punishable offence of airsoft is the uncalled hit. (bastards)

yes we hates them, stupid, fat, cheaterses *gollum**gollum*

that is by far the only advantage of paintball over airsoft

plus theyere ammo is perhaps a little faster biodgrading than ours but whos counting eh?

thank you all for your attentivness if I have offended anybodys pride I am truly sorry and I will air mail you a new one by the end of the week.

Siega, out.

Mind you, that those are for the Army, which is different than the Marine Corp's. IMO, physical fitness is required in airsoft. You spend $1,000+ on guns and gear? That's great, so have I. But how about we put more dedication into our choice of hobby and spend some time into getting fit. I don't see a bunch of fat guys in the military, and since airsoft is milsim...

EDIT: I guess I just stereotyped, when I say fat people, I just mean unfit people, those who can't keep up with the group.

Already mentioned that tiff lee.

You aren't gunna like the guy who I am going to the GZ Weekender with Chrissy ;)

Here's what grinds my gears: When somebody lays eyes on one of my airsoft guns for the first time and feels compelled to tell me that "I'm going to get myself shot with that thing."

As if I'm about to go waving it around in a crowded shopping mall or something.

I don't get randomly shot by passing police officers for owning any of my real guns, so why should airsoft be any different?

I brought my girlfriend to the last game I was at. At the end of one of the scenarios, it was down to her and me. Basically, I popped out from cover and gave her 3 volleys to the face from my M3 (she was prone, I had no other place to hit, and she was wearing a full facemask). All she did was yell, "D*MN IT! Gah, almost had that objective!"

And this is after I had to be medic'd twice thanks to her MP5 (in semiauto exclusively, I might add). :D

There was some team training previous to the aforesaid game. For one of the exercises, we were supposed to identify location of contact, suppress contact, and move to contact. My team was in a big line across an open meadow with instructors on every side, each about 120ft away. One of the instructors opened up on the squad. I called "CONTACT, 6 O'CLOCK" and sprinted towards him as fast as I could. Once the rest of the team was turned around and providing suppressive fire, I dropped on my stomach and suppressed (now in range). Then, some dude yelled "STOP!!" and began chewing me out for running WAY ahead of the rest of the group.

Honestly, what the *fruitcage* is that? I needed to get in range, and I am terribly opposed to sitting around with my thumb up my *albartroth*. I'm a fast assaulter, and as much as I would've loved to join them for tea and biscuits, I had FIGHTING to do. After he was done thoroughly chewing me a new ###### (in front of the whole team), I rejoined the line for a new exercise. Just before the new exercise started, he kinda smiled and excused his actions: "Well, that's milsim."

If that's milsim, it can *fruitcage* off. ;)

*EDIT*

Oh, and there is some grand irony to add to this situation. The fireteam's line was moving at the aforementioned cranky fellow's pace because he's... well, "large" doesn't quite cover it. What a twunt. :D

1. Me thoughts you had no M3? Thoughts you sold it or something? New one?

2. REALLY funny story. That was a good laugh.

What ticks me off the most is how hard it is to identify targets in CQB. It gets pretty ridiculous when it's a dozen on a dozen or larger. I wish Orchid Bay Airsoft had some official team-defining strategy. Or something. Or quite possibly, we could put the Asians against the whites. HA.

You know what grind my gears?

The fact that after talking airsoft with my 13 year old neighbor, he is going to be either getting a Systema or CA SAW for Christmas. You guys have no idea how much I want to pull my hair out.

Bah, and I can't afford anything better than new Cyma. That is a scandal.

What grinds my gears is that some people are either way too elitist or lack the faith to understand that the new Chinese guns are actually good. Like UTG and the new Cyma line weren't enough of a proof.

Of course, there's a downside to this - as the local "Chinese airsoft guru" I get IMed approx. 20 times a day "WHAT AM TEH BEST GUN?" and "WHY IZ IT NOT CHEEPER?" Seriously, I want a CO2 WE Hi-Capa loaded with .88g steel ball bearings. Just for the trolls.

A few things really grind my gears, but in the airsoft world, mainly 2.

1) Lack of KAC

2) G&G having the nerve to compare its fake-trademarked gr-25 piece of scheiss to the holiness that is KAC. If you're going to try and fulfill the lack of KAC, at least do it right. G&P was on the right track, until the CNC version jacked up the price to nearly 1k. Although I suppose I'm not one to complain when I look at the price on my SR-15 :P

Archived