CYMA AK47 CM028

UMGuy

Is this a good gun?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good gun?

• Yes, good gun worth the cash.
    • Okay gun. needs some internal replacements before it is ready to compete.
    • Bad gun. Has internal issues.
    • Terrible gun. Waste of money.

Is this a good gun? Is it worth the cash or should I just save up for a TM AK47? Are there any parts or things that need replacing? Where can I find one in the states besides evike? Can it compete against good aeg's or is it lacking? Are there any major internal issues? If someone already did something like this just point me in the direction or if there are any good reviews please show me them. Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just gave this advice earlier tonight.

hi, I was just wondering how that cm028 was faring for you. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Just a few questions... is it tough and reliable?? are misfeeds common?? and what size is the battery that is supplied with it?

thanks in advance

-Castigator-

I think its a stunning gun for the price.

Tough? I would say so, apart from the slightly shoddy paint work on the upper receiver (I am just going to wire wool it and give it a fresh coat) it's like a rock

Reliable? Very. I have had no problems with it what so ever so far and I have put about 1500 rounds through it in a few days.

Mis-feeds common? I have to tell you, I haven't had a single one yet. I think its due to the fact that I was a little over cautious with the mag (the one supplied) and gave it a good few doses of silicone oil before even using it. But the mag you get with it is ok, miss-feeding has not been an issue. What has been an issue is the fact that it lets the gun down, It feels an looks (Close up) like ###### as it is made out of cheap plastic. Just get some TM ones and you will be fine. I prefer the Beta Spetz mags as they are much easier to go prone with although if you want the bad *albatross* look, go for the TM Hi-cap as it is the same size as the one that comes with the gun, only its made out of stamped metal (The outer anyway) and it will hold 600 rounds.

What size is the battery that is supplied with it?

This one is tricky...... its an 8.4v 1200mAh NiCd...........although....it is not the same size as a normal 8.4v, its a little shorter (By about 2cm). So if you try to put a normal 8.4v in the stock, it just about doesn't fit. this is not an issue for me as the battery just sits flush with the end of the stock so I am just going to slap some camo cloth/duct tape on there to hold it in (I am willing to sacrifice this because the battery I have bought is 3300mAh compared to the standard 1300 that you get with the gun). If I get the chance latter I will get you some pics done to show you what I mean and PM them to you.

Oh, and also, the battery connectors that come with the itare all the 'small' type as apposed to the large type. These are the ones that CYMA use

TamiyaConn.jpg

so you may need to get a battery connector adapter as well (I know I will)

Hope this helps, I will try and get you some pics showing the battery pack and such latter today (Around 10pm)

Its a great gun, the BEST if you are on a budget and everything on/in it is TM (Tokyo Mauri) compatible apart from the hop-up chamber.

Oh, And I will just add....I have used the TM Beta Spetz for a day of skirmishing and in my opinion this gun is far better (Without even taking the price into consideration). If anyone slams you for having a CYMA then just ignore them. In the past the had made rubbish guns, that is true, but now they look to be a strong up and coming contender in the airsoft market.

Good luck with whatever gun you purchase and have fun with airsoft.

:) CSEM-IT

I voted terrible :D

CYMA does not mean cheap yet mostly accurate, instead "Crud You Must Avoid"

I'll take TM quality thank you, rather than replace the hopup/barrel/magazine feed problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQRdoVfgHg...related&search=

BYAAAH!

I voted terrible :D

CYMA does not mean cheap yet mostly accurate, instead "Crud You Must Avoid"

I'll take TM quality thank you, rather than replace the hopup/barrel/magazine feed problems. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQRdoVfgHg...related&search=

BYAAAH!

But I thought you were good with mechanical things, and didnt mind buying a gun for less money that you needed to fix to make it great... GG irony.

I just wanted to point out that since I am pretty good with technical/mechanical things, I really dont see a problem with using a gun that requires maintanance.

Matt, how much have you spent on yours so far? (Not sarcastic, really, how much)

And I just noticed that I can change my title with a custom one. How did that happen?

You guys say get a CYMA. What do you do when it breaks? Fix it? It cost money to fix things, and if you dont know how to do it get ready to pay big bucks for it to be done for you. You say put in a new barrel, and hop up? That also costs money. Unless the gun is purely for backyard wars, or you need a cheap project gun get a TM. In the long run you will end up spending more on a CYMA then a TM.

I thought I'd add I've paid $150 total into mine. That is the gun, seven metal standard mags, wire and plugs, and a new 8.4v 1800mAh battery. I also dremeled the stock out to fit the large battery. I has now 3000 rounds through it smooth as silk. ;) Kicked a bunch of stock Marui's rears on the 13th.

It's a decent gun, that just needs some internal quick fixes for it to run smoothly.

I've had one, and sold it in about a month.

I think there should just be an option that says "Just save up for a TM". Because in all honestly, you'll be happier you did.

But, for the price it's a solid gun.

Archived