CYMA AK47 CM028

UMGuy

Is this a good gun?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good gun?

• Yes, good gun worth the cash.
    • Okay gun. needs some internal replacements before it is ready to compete.
    • Bad gun. Has internal issues.
    • Terrible gun. Waste of money.

some people just dont want to wait. If you must have a gun right now, and you have $100 or so buring a hole in your pocket, the cyma will do you.  If your willing to wait, its probably a good idea to get a TM or whatever.

I've cheaped out before. You will wish you hadnt when you do. Just save up. Hobbys are expensive, live with it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, that is the problem, my parents say I can not spend a lot on a gun. But, if I buy a cheap one, they have no problem with me upgrading it. So, that is my only choice. But really, I don't need a TM, because I play against people with LPEGs and springers. Lets just say, I dominate. Anyway, it is great for the price, and fits my needs. It does need a few new parts, but lets say this:

Gun: 100~

TB:40~

Hop up: 20~?

That is 180. TM's are going for 230+. Either one, if you are not a 'Techie', and are a total noob when it comes to internals, get the TM. But, if you can install a TB and hop, then get the CYMA. The motor, is a common 'quitting' problem, is easily accessable, and even a noob like I could repair. Really either the TM or CYMA. I gave you the +/-'s. Hope this helped.

Also, I figured up how much I've actually spent on this gun:

GUN: 110

MAGS:60

So really only 170.

who voted for waste of money?

Take your pick...

A. The Tokyo Marui elitists who are jealous that you can now get a gun for $100 that performs nearly as well as their $250 guns.

B. The Tokyo Marui elitists who are angry because they spent $250 on their gun and now you can get a gun that's nearly as good for $100.

C. The Tokyo Marui elitists who think that airsoft is not about playing the game, it's about showing off your expensive gear.

D. The Tokyo Marui elitists who can't get it through their thick skulls that some people can't spend $250 all at once and would rather pay $100 for the gun and then get upgrades to make it better in slow, distant intervals.

I went with Ok gun, needs some internal fixin. Mine had 3 piston teeth going after only 12mags worth through it stock.

I'd recommend it with the caveat that a person needs to be experienced enough to inspect & tweak the gearbox or know someone who can do it for them.

Miah

I got mine from Gunner Airsoft and had it upgraded there. (25$ old update, they don't have it in list anymore.) When i got it, it shot about 450 fps. Without new spring it seems. I was pretty much like :o Worth the money. And you can practise with the gearbox, it's cheaper to play with it than with Marui.

I think the value of the 028 depends on the situation of the buyer. I bought mine to use as a loaner gun and something cheap to tinker with. As it's not my primary weapon and doesn't even see use by me in games I'm not in a huge rush to upgrade it. I will eventually but given that I'm not relying on it as my primary it's not a huge rush or truthfully even much of a necessity. In this capacity I'd recommend getting one.

I don't think I'd be able to recommend it as a primary, unless you're aware that you'll need to put some money into it immediately to make it fieldable against TM guns. Truthfully, your best bet for a first gun is a used TM. They're cheaper, good quality and you usually get some extra mags and a battery.

Archived