The 1k gear club

I'm getting a Safariland 6361 for work now. The Safariland is a great design, there is no way in hell someone can take my weapon, and no chance of it falling out, one thing less to worry about.

-Mike

:cookiemonster:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly mike, that's the reason why I love mine, i can release the hood strap and still there's no way for the holster to just fall out by accident. It's also completely rattle proof and form fitting to the gun.

it's a gucci item, but it's worth it in my opinion. Only downside is if you change guns down the road you have to change holsters. i.e I got a surefire light for my Sig, hence why I ordered a new 6004 and am selling my old one, i.e the one I'm refering to in my signature.

The 6004 SUCKS in woodland. I used mine once and it was a frickin' dirt shovel - try crawling with it on your leg and your gun gets muddier than your chest. Great.

I've yet to find a thigh holster I'm happy with. The 6004 is too big and bulky, and scoops up dirt. The HSGI is a good design but releases P226 mags like nothing else.

For woodland, if I even run a pistol, I put it in an M4 mag pouch on my weak side. It keeps it out of the way, it keeps it clean, and although the draw is slower than from a dedicated rig, it's fast enough for woodland, where the chances are I'm not going to draw it anyway.

The 6004 SUCKS in woodland. I used mine once and it was a frickin' dirt shovel - try crawling with it on your leg and your gun gets muddier than your chest. Great.

I've yet to find a thigh holster I'm happy with. The 6004 is too big and bulky, and scoops up dirt. The HSGI is a good design but releases P226 mags like nothing else.

For woodland, if I even run a pistol, I put it in an M4 mag pouch on my weak side. It keeps it out of the way, it keeps it clean, and although the draw is slower than from a dedicated rig, it's fast enough for woodland, where the chances are I'm not going to draw it anyway.

That seems to be the exact peeve i have with most thigh holsters right now, we play on a field that has major elevation changes, little dropoffs, gully's and hills, and if you are behind something while prone i tend to dig my knees in to move faster and ###### on my legs gets mucho dirt. I do want to try the HSGI holster the flap though, drawing speed isnt as crucial in woodland, and it usually doesnt happen as often, though having the pistol on me is a nice emotional pat on the back in those tough spots.

HSGI with flap is a good holster. I had one, sold it because thigh rigs always have (and always will) annoy me, then got another one for my (then) new P226.

The previous one was fine. The P226 one drops mags like a MFer. You can modify it, but even following the instructions provided by HSGI themselves on how to modify it to prevent this, it still seems to do it.

If you're not using a P226, though, you should be ok.

@Titliest: (puts on least gay voice he can muster) damn you have chunky legs!

You should be a rugby player.

Darkchild

I'm NOT FAT, I'M JUST BIG BONED! (ERIC CARTMAN VOICE!).

Yeah I do have big legs, I'm losing weight these days so I'll update the photos when I drop a pant size or two, ;)

sounds good

Another 1K kit for meh! my MOUT setup!

FAPC: 200USD (with RACK)

pouches: 370USD (Paraclete, Emdom, TAG, TT)

clothes and helmet: 200USD (BDUs or something, MICH with goodies and RD NVG stuffs)

first line setup: 250USD (DBT, Safariland, HSGI, TT, Parclete)

no pics as the pouches for the FAPC have yet to arrive...Im running with some other pouches from DBT, TT and Emdom...I got all CB stuff instead of the OD stuff I had, and added Paraclete to the mix.

The gun being used, the MRE is at about 1200USD without mag costs added in.

Question fellow geardos, for my PJ setup and upcoming FR setup should I keep my BHI Molle hydration carrier or get a patrol pack for my CIRAS?

I.e this one:

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/images/...es/BLPM52-1.jpg

Or you can get this and put it on your BHI hydro-carrier. http://optactical.com/lrrpbuttpackgp.html