The 1k gear club

well..i'm pretty sure i'll be flamed to death for this, but..

so you guys spend +900$ on a RAV, CIRAS, whatever, know pretty much everything there is to know about gear and still can't distinguish the real from the replica, with such a clear photo (it looks clear to me).

while sure can't distinguish i was just wondering:

why spend that much cash if you can get the same look for a fraction of the price?

and yes, i know, it is your money, you spend it as you wish,but, as i said, i was just wondering.

I was thinking the exact same thing :P

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just trust me..when you spend the money and have 1000 in gear its worth it....i have a mix of real and repro and i definitely notice the difference..repro aint bad but the quality aint there...whether you can tell the difference in a photo or not...

anyways, isnt the goal of a "reproduction" to look the part? ;)

Magpul M93 stock and HSGI pouches. I'd put good money on it being real :P

ive got a 1200USD gun and I have $400 USD in pouches on my $80USD replica FSBE....

Personally I think its a fake, but Im not going to press harsh judgement, its a good fake...and if you have the shoulder straps out that much on the real one, your a big guy I take it...if you arent a big guy, that CIRAS is truly messed up for some reason. Not trying to ###### you off man, but since many of us are dying to see if it is real, can we see the tags to alleviate many peoples worries? Even if it is a repo, no hard feelings man, I aint ashamed to say I have some repo kit.

Okay first of all, God(or whatever name your maker goes by) installed a self esteem meter, having nice sh*t makes everything warm and fuzzy, plus it has some resale value.

It such a great feeling trading paper or 1010010101 for something tangible

ive got a 1200USD gun and I have $400 USD in pouches on my $80USD replica FSBE....

Personally I think its a fake, but Im not going to press harsh judgement, its a good fake...and if you have the shoulder straps out that much on the real one, your a big guy I take it...if you arent a big guy, that CIRAS is truly messed up for some reason.  Not trying to ###### you off man, but since many of us are dying to see if it is real, can we see the tags to alleviate many peoples worries?  Even if it is a repo, no hard feelings man, I aint ashamed to say I have some repo kit.

If you look in the backround of his pic, you can see the CIRAS paperwork etc.

Coyote is made to work in woodland and desert, and it does.

Id rather take your word for it than drop a 1000 plus on gear that doesn't blend in as well as it could. The last skirmish I went to one of the players had an amazing CB loadout but he stuck out like a soar thumb in the paintball covered woods. Surprisingly enough ACU's worked fine.

Id rather take your word for it than drop a 1000 plus on gear that doesn't blend in as well as it could. The last skirmish I went to one of the players had an amazing CB loadout but he stuck out like a soar thumb in the paintball covered woods. Surprisingly enough ACU's worked fine.

yeah it does depend i guess. If you have the type of brush thats kind of dead looking, whiteish and not burned from the sun tan/ brown colors with lush green trees, its probably not going to work as well as ACU with OD. But for the woods in VA MARPAT and CB work great. ACU unfortunatley does not. Its to green here.

yeah it does depend i guess. If you have the type of brush thats kind of dead looking, whiteish and not burned from the sun tan/ brown colors with lush green trees, its probably not going to work as well as ACU with OD. But for the woods in VA MARPAT and CB work great. ACU unfortunatley does not. Its to green here.

IMO CB doesnt work too good here in Poland (mostly mixed forest, as some people say canada like - dunno if its true never been there) , its decent/good during fall when everything turns from bright green to darker colors( ideal for flecktarn). I wont agree with yoou on ACU it works surprisingly good during summer (cadpat still works better but its really ok). Multicam.. heh... well... IMO it just glows :) dunno why ;) but i never have problems spoting guys in mc.

Edited by nieon