Riot Shield

Agent47

Yeah and they can be a right pain!  (literally and figuratively)  I'd second the montion that they be made from 10 or so sheets of cardboard.  They arent going to be shot through with a quick burst, but dedicated hosings will break through.  Should give a simulated effect for crashing into a room with some invulnerability, but not a "mobile wall" which how they are used at Firefight London's Electrowerkz.  JIMO of course :)

I took out like 5 people who kept popping their heads up from behind the shields last tuesday. They were coming down the far stairwell with 2 shields into the ground level. And I was in the crow's nest about their height just popping them off. And to be able to hit me, they would have to put themselves into the line of fire of everyone else in the room. They aren't that invincable.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well to be fair... you've gotta expect something more towards the extreme if you happened to play with some regular players... (not saying i am) but i can see a BFG or pyros or what not being thrown at the shield's direction... i'll personally make it VERY hard for that guy to take advantage of it... even if it means me cooking the nade and throw it at him at close range and eliminate myself in the game too... that kinda equals it out the advantage doesnt it? he cant move quick with the shield.

During our winter trip we played with/against a team that used a shield. The user could only use a pistol. He didn't kill anyone, as we were playing in a woodland setting. Even when we did play in a CQB setting, though, he still didnt get any kills.

I suggest actually playing with a shield before saying the person has an advantage. =]

the scene in AOP13 is close to the beginning of the actual assualt phase of the movie. They SWAT guys charge in through the front door using a shotgun to blow a hole in the handle. but they dont make it very far because they are driven out by being fired on from all different sides. I think its the part were the girl criminal saves the main guy.

Cardboard does sound good because eventually someone would break through it and the person would get pwned.

Yeah I agree, that would be a little more realistic. Since real sheild arn't 100% bullet proof. In CS a couple ak rounds will kill you

thst is actually an excellent tactic. the shield. a riot shield is kind of cheap. the cops we train/play with bring out their actuall level 3/4/5 iron plate shields and pop shots with pistols from the sides or the slot in the middle of it. super realistic but i wouldnt want to carry a 30-50 pound thing around for the whole deal.

the scene in AOP13 is close to the beginning of the actual assualt phase of the movie. They SWAT guys charge in through the front door using a shotgun to blow a hole in the handle. but they dont make it very far because they are driven out by being fired on from all different sides. I think its the part were the girl criminal saves the main guy.

What?? :blink: What girl criminal? What SWAT guys? You do mean John Carpenter's AOP13 from ´76, yes? No?

This problem came up in a recent practice we had at a mates house. We were all using pistols and a friend grabbed a perspex sheet and hid behind it for most of the game. Nearly impossible to kill. Using damn riot sheilds just slows down what is meant to be a fast paced game. We got him in the end though. Heheh.

Torn

I have a Riot shield made out of cardboard and a bit of perspex that will stand up to springers, Will get shot to pieces in a burst from an aeg (I tried It on Semi-auto) So I find it fair because it doesn't make me Invincble but I Have a small advantage against Ricochet and what not.

Meh Just my 2 shillings and 78 old pennys and a dime

I'm gonna go plan the rape of my P90 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i dont know about you guys, but perosnally i would be embarassed to be the little jerk with a shield, come on what kind person really wants to use a friggin shield during an airsoft game thats so cheesy.

You have nothing constructive to say do you , hide behind your little out bursts of abuse ......... mind you non of you seem to realize ITS A GAME not a sport a game ........ little boys with little toys ....... oh ! and im one of YOU lot ..... say your bit then get on with it .........realism ....... well ,put the correct amount of BB'S in a mag for your wpn that you are trying to emulate and carry the correct amount of ammo ie weight - as your wannabe soldier should carry ......rather running around on full auto on a high cap mag from hell ..... then come back and have a go ........we all have a flutter with new toys just to say " sod that its ###### " then bin it ............ do we have to call folk Jerks ........ no.

See what kind of replies we get NEXT.........should be interesting.

Oh ...... I don't have one or even seen one but hay if it's used to help the game along then have some Rules to Govern it's use..........simple and constructive.......come on have you been to a game that has the chopper .......yeh no chopper just a bunch of folk in a pack moving from A to B ..........that's DAFT

Archived