My TMP is broke!

TerranCmdr

Okay, we're working on getting the pin out now, but it's stuck right in there. We don't really have anything to hit it out with, either. O.o

k well a little work got that sucker out. So here's the piston head thing. Surprisingly it looks relatively undamaged to my eyes...

tmp8.jpg

tmp9.jpg

Actually, I'm retarded. It's pretty effed up.

tmp10.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, it looks pretty cracked at least the two white lines look like cracks.

do the cracks go all the way through?

is there a flap that is free to move about?

if not look for damage to the runners that the loading nozzle sits in and the auto sear and auto sear retaining spring.

I am sorry to leave you like this but I have to go out.

well done so far getting this thing to bits and we'll get it sorted. No dramas.

Stunt

There's no flap that can move about freely. The cracks go all the way to the bottom and move about halfway across the outside of the head. As far as I can tell, nothing else is damaged. Thank you again for your help on this by the way. I really really appreciate it.

...Now I have a whole bunch of TMP strewn across my desk. lol.

...Now I have a whole bunch of TMP strewn across my desk. lol.

Welcome to the club ;-)

I've not read the forums for quite some time, I guess that repair guide would have helped you a bit in disassembly:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=71133

My spare parts order from DenTrinity has just arrived (after "only" one month of trying to get it out of the Customs), I will enjoy the way they look for a while (neatly packaged in individual bags, with cute japanese hand-made descriptions put inside the bag) and then revive my fleet of TMP/SPPs =)

If you can't source your parts from elsewhere, I recommend DenTrinity and their "Special Order" capabilities. Excellent communication and execution, though spare parts are quite pricey.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back

Canada was rubbish and good.

work was rubbish, going out on the sauce was legendary.

I have been worrying about your poor TMP for three weeks and I need to know if it is working, Did you fix it, is it still in bits?

Let me know buddy.

Cheers, Stunt

I am going to do one bit at a time, I don't want to stretch myself and go under.

The piston is coming when my machinist can be bothered, I am not happy with him at the moment.

then cylinder, recoil spring and buffer.

Then cosmetics like the stock.

I am still working on the marui hop conversion, I have already killed one TMP barrel trying to get it right.

Stunt

• 1 month later...

Too lazy and too big of a headache to read the rest of this thread... but if your piston head is cracked, just take a rubber band, cut it to the inner circumfrence of your piston head, take some glue (specifically, something that dries rubbery like E6000), seal it up, and you should be good to go!

Worked fine for my first piston head that got f-ed up.

You are, of course right.

I use slow setting (and therefore flexible) epoxy but both will work.

Metal piston head has been delayed again by lazy machinists who would rather work for money than do my prototype for free.

I'm out of the army now, I have some more free time. I've got a set of calipers and I'll get the damn thing done on e-machineshop.com.

I have also aproached a few dealers about wholesale buying the other little parts that let the TMP down.

News on that soon.

Stunt

• 1 month later...

Metal stuff... I would be able to resurrect my TMP that was screwed up from the beginning (didn't even get to play with it). The loading nozzle on mine is cracked (The little square thing that strips the bbs from the mag snapped off.) and no I never put in the mag with the bolt forward.

My gun is perfect except for that. If anyone wants to buy it for spare parts, it is up for sale. just pm me and I'll give you details. I also have four mags and a supressor (the nice one that has the markings on it and no red tip)

Tinkerbell, I got messed about by the guy that was going to make them for me, I have hed to teach myself CAD and now I have a design but I just got out the army and have no money.

I start a new job on monday and I will save up to build a first batch.

So, yes, I will be in business in a couple of months.

Fox, I have a supplier for TMP parts and I have some loading nozzles on the way, send me a PM and I will let you know when I get them in.

Stunt

The loading nozzles were sent on monday, I am just waiting on them coming in.

The metal pistons, Who knows? I have the design I need £300 to make a batch and I don't have it. Once I save the money I can get them in about 40 days.

Once I have the first batch I need to check they work, get the right o rings and find a spring that has the right rate.

Earliest possible will be May.

I am on it though, I will be speaking to the forum moderators about the right place to sell all this stuff.

Stunt

*edit*

Guess what just arrived!

Parts.jpg

TMP Repair business starting soon.

Archived