IronWolf

News courtesy of sanken and airsoft-news.eu:

Gas gun Winchester M1897 Sawed-off

Gas gun M500 Magnum Compensated Hunter 10.5inch /SV

Gas gun Super Red Hawk 9.5inch Casull.454 HW/SV

Gas gun M66 4inch HW/SV

Not many pictures have surfaced yet, but they are beginning to crop up:

gallery_113_405_7228.jpg

Tanaka's latest variation of M1897 has amputated stock and barrel. Winchester M1897 Sawed-off will be available in second half of November, price is about 45.000 Yen (299.63 EUR).

If I understand things correctly, this is a replica for Wild Wild West reenactors. Picture courtesy of LA Gunshop.

Also there is an A.I.C.S rifle sporting black furniture out in some of the HK retailers:

tw_rg_m700aics_bk.jpg

retailer

I still am wondering if the new M700 is tuned down thanks to the 1J limit...Reviews of it says it is more solidly built like a real rifle compared to the first two M700 AICS released. Reviews also said it shoots more accurately, sharply and makes a nice noise when firing. I am hoping the power is not reduced in this production.

Duh... OF COURSE they will be detuned - Otherwise Tanaka would be breaking the law.

It would be like Airsoft Armoury selling real-steel AK47s as airsoft... Honestly...

You can see what Tanaka are doing about this on their website :

http://translate.google.com/translate?sour...ulation2%2ehtml

Cheers.

You can see what Tanaka are doing about this on their website :

LOL, have you READ the translation?

Patronage to receive the [tanaka] product, thank you truly.

Due to the amendment of gun sword method, when power when the 6mmBB bullet is discharged is the 35℃ from the air temperature 20℃, “0.98 J (joule)” the possession of the air software cancer/gun which it exceeds is prohibited.

Attendant upon this, we supply the repair part gratuitously vis-a-vis the product which is thought that the inside adjustment of the product which was shipped until now is needed.

(About the correspondence in gun sword method amending)

When the repair part reaches in labor assistant, please install the following illustration in the stock (tanaka) product in reference.

Gun sword method? Air software cancer/gun? Repair part in labor assistant? From my extensive engrish skills I have deduced they are offering a replacement part to increase the power to customers outside Japan that you install yourself, but who knows for certain with that translation.

Gas gun M66 4inch HW/SV

Mmmmm. Now THAT'S a revolver! :D

I think it's the opposite - They're offering parts to DOWNgrade the power of existing guns.

"we supply the repair part gratuitously vis-a-vis the product which is thought that the inside adjustment of the product which was shipped until now is needed"

What gets me is why haven't they made an L96 bolt for it? They could sell a fair few more of them as L96s than "m700 AICS's"
Considering Tanaka are pretty hot on the realisim front, it'd need to be a fair bit more than the bolt I guess, or some people wouldn't be too happy. As snowman said though, they can probably milk more money out the market later, while already having half the work done with the stock made :)
I still am wondering if the new M700 is tuned down thanks to the 1J limit...Reviews of it says it is more solidly built like a real rifle compared to the first two M700 AICS released. Reviews also said it shoots more accurately, sharply and makes a nice noise when firing. I am hoping the power is not reduced in this production.

Shinden;

What reviews are you talking about? The only "reviews" I have seen are on "version 1"-green stock (with "version 2" being the "desert tan", and "version 3" being the black). I have seen some comments by recent purchasers who are experincing lower fps--but that's all (nothing about a change in build quality or accuracy) so far. If you can provide quotes or links about the "new versions" I would like to read them. Thanks :)

Archived