which is better ACU or Multicam

caboo

There are whole picture threads for these. Also, wrong subforum, this should be in gear discussion, and it shouldnt even be there because it is just a lazy thread.

Your choice depends on your impression, your site, personal preference, etc so nobody can tell you what to get.

Try again :P

There are whole picture threads for these. Also, wrong subforum, this should be in gear discussion, and it shouldnt even be there because it is just a lazy thread.

Your choice depends on your impression, your site, personal preference, etc so nobody can tell you what to get. 

Try again  :P

ACU = Does Not Work. Having seen ACU in many situations including the Desert and the Woodland I can say it stands out like a sore thumb EVEN WHEN DIRTY. The ACU has some thigns going for it (the redesigned pockets) but the use of velcro makes it unappealing. Get MultiCam to save your sanity or get MARPAT (IMO the best out there short of German Flecktarn)

Even multicam is not that good in the UK. DPM was developed for here, and is probably your cheapest option especially if you want matching kit, if not try Marpat, Cadpat, US Woodland, or Flecktarn. Good cammo though is no substitute for bad field craft. Basically, you are looking for something that is an approximation of your environment, and that breaks up your outline so as not to give the Mk1 Human look. Movement is what catches the eye the most... And cammos work best when IN the cover, not in front of it. Adding natural foliage to whatever you choose is the best option.

Pick some cammos from here: http://www.henrikc.dk/camouflage/

Particularily love the libyan one:

libya_africa_corps_front.jpg

Probably better than ACU!!!

ACUbeertrap.jpg

Just something that most people don't consider: ACU works quite well at night. It's darker in colour than most desert patterns, so it doesn't 'glow,' and it lacks black, which stands out a lot through NVGs (looking at CADPAT TW through NVGs, it looks like just grey with a lot of very obvious black spots).

In the dark, our eyes adjust more towards monochrome and colour perception is dulled (because our rod cells are more light sensitive). That pretty much negates any colour matching problems ACU has (especially the blueish hue), and enhances it's advantages (dulled colours, pattern breaking, no black).

Just something that most people don't consider:  ACU works quite well at night.  It's darker in colour than most desert patterns, so it doesn't 'glow,' and it lacks black, which stands out a lot through NVGs (looking at CADPAT TW through NVGs, it looks like just grey with a lot of very obvious black spots).

In the dark, our eyes adjust more towards monochrome and colour perception is dulled (because our rod cells are more light sensitive).  That pretty much negates any colour matching problems ACU has (especially the blueish hue), and enhances it's advantages (dulled colours, pattern breaking, no black).

Awesome so the US army is only effective at night! Great thinking on the cammo -_- for some odd reason The airforce is also lacking in intelligence. At least the ABU has darker colors :P Gotta blend in with that Tarmac afterall! :D

Why does Libyacam (or should I say, explosive diarrhoeacam?) have maps of Africa on it?  On the left side, theres several of them.  Even Madagascar is on it!

African camo patterns are teh pwnage. Benin is a fine supporter of such patterns

benin_airborne_front.jpg

Anyway, back on topic. Its like saying, im in a yellow field, what do I wear? Do some observations, take photographs, see what others wear (i asume you are using it at a perticular site, if you will be globetrotting in the stuff, im not a expert on the stuff so I wont lean either way).

So its "Oh my god, Im being fired at by lots of miniature maps of Africa!"?

Or in the case of Benin: "Aaagh, he has badger paw prints and silhouettes of silly Russian handlebar moustaches all over him. He must be an asylum escapee! Runnnnnn!"?

:P

Edit:

I just noticed the mini lion's faces and tooth shapes on the Benin stuff. Does that mean every soldier is a qualified dentist? Could be a handy interrogation skill...

Why does Libyacam (or should I say, explosive diarrhoeacam?) have maps of Africa on it?  On the left side, theres several of them.  Even Madagascar is on it!

Perhaps because Libya is in Africa and Uncle Gaddafi is trying to portray himself as the champion of Africa?

Oh and those moustaches are actually wildebeest heads, look, you can even see their noses. It even has lion's heads to go with the paw prints and hoof prints.

Thread moved to Gear Discussion.

I wear ACU in urban, and even though I know it's ###### in woodland I seem to have an urge to buy more ACU gear. No idea why, I've never felt the urge to buy a CIRAS before in my life yet here I am browsing eHobbyAsia. Weird.

Perhaps because Libya is in Africa and Uncle Gaddafi is trying to portray himself as the champion of Africa?

I admit...when I posted, I thought Libya was in the Middle East.

I fail at geography :(

Edit:

Gotta admit, as a dress uniform, ACU looks extremely pro and smart. But it doesnt work for me.

I think Id rather wear...

ultraviolet.gif

So its "Oh my god, Im being fired at by lots of miniature maps of Africa!"?

Or in the case of Benin: "Aaagh, he has badger paw prints and silhouettes of silly Russian handlebar moustaches all over him.  He must be an asylum escapee!  Runnnnnn!"?

:P

Edit:

I just noticed the mini lion's faces and tooth shapes on the Benin stuff.  Does that mean every soldier is a qualified dentist?  Could be a handy interrogation skill...

Actually those moustaches are bulls if you look close enough. But anyway as for ACU and multicam, its all about region. Wherever you play will have different appropriate camos. Of course, I prefer MARPAT to both, but that's cause MARPAT IS TEH OWNAGE :P ! I had to do that.

Archived