King Arms fN FAL

Shark413

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucky you, I just ordered FAL Rifle couple of hours before I found those fresh photos on KA's website.  And I already bought RS flashhider and handguard(both not L1A1 version).... :(

I already put mine on. But mine are L1A1. :( And of course, now there will be a proper SLR. Just one more thing to buy. The vicious cycle never ends. <_<

Can anyone tell the difference between the Carbine and the Tactical Carbine on those posters? I'm assuming that they've got the pics wrong and that they're meant to have the RIS foregrip on them.

Edit

Doesn't matter, the tactical is shorter with the normal carbine being of medium length.

http://www.kingarms.com/showproduct.asp?subcatid=41

Is the difference in length between the FAL AEG (Long type FAL) and the FAL Carbine AEG (Medium type FAL) being the amount of barrel and flashhider that sticks out past the handguard? I guess what I'm asking is, are the lengths of the handguards between these two rifles the same, and the only difference being what you see past the front sight?

I e-mailed KA to ask when the L1A1 will be released, they haven't even finished developing it yet.

I will have to wait.  And spend my money on a VFC FN FNC in the meantime.

Stunt

Well, that makes me feel a little better. At least it's not coming out too soon.

So does anyone want a set of RS L1A1 handguards and a flash hider for free? I ordered a set, and was told it was out of stock. So I ordered from somewhere else. Then a week after I get the second set I ordered, the first set, that was supposedly out of stock, shows up. And I was never charged. :mellow: So now, I have an extra handguard and flash hider sitting here.

Well, that makes me feel a little better. At least it's not coming out too soon.

So does anyone want a set of RS L1A1 handguards and a flash hider for free?

Can I ask you for the handguards? Actually I have ordered L1A1 handguards on US website but they refuse to ship overseas. I will cover shipping and even pay some for the handguards.

>

Oooo an L1A1 with the right receiver, foregrips, rear sight etc!

I'm all over that like a rash on a hooker smile.gif<

But its not the right rear sight. The L1A1 had a folding aperture which was on a ramp for increasing elevation at range.

I know its only a small thing but it would be nice if they did put the right sight on. Wouldn't then get in the way of looking through a SUIT.

Stu

(who is seriously pining for his old SLR now I've seen these...)

I tried to fit RS handguards from "FN FAL Metric Penguin Premium Furniture Sets" onto my KA FAL Rifle, it took some time to fit but looks weird....

interior of rs handguard has two extra ribs compared to KAs

P1060610.jpg

KA handguards

P1060612.jpg

FN FAL Metric Penguin handguards

P1060611.jpg

as you can see, rs handguards is different at the bottom

P1060615.jpg

the difference of handguards bottom caused the weird look....there is an angle between handguards and barrel

P1060619.jpg

And there is somewhere need to be fixed...

P1060621.jpg

P1060622.jpg

And this is what I expected

FAL.jpg

Take a look once again at the section of two different handguards

P1060624.jpg

P1060626.jpg

I'll do some fixing and see if the handguards can looked normal. I wonder if L1A1 handguards have the same problem or not?

And I won't be so trouble if King Arms can release the flash hider and handguards of their NEW FAL Carbine, but it looks like that they don't have the plan yet from the reply of my inquerying email.

Well this is kind of lame.  I bought my FAL with intentions of recreating a 1950's style British soldier, and I was just going to buy some grips and stuff, but now KA has to come out with this.  Great.  I can already feel my wallet burning...

I felt the exact same thing right after I bought my EBR conversion kit (still sitting in Customs) and a day or two after I learned that G&P was planning on releasing a USN-type EBR conversion kit (which, if my tan one is seized/destroyed/returned, I will get).

Archived