• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I was going to go for the Hurricane retractable stock, but then I decided I liked the look of a designated marksman rifle. Any thoughts on the internals, as opposed to the externals :P

Cheers,

Hauk

personally i think the stock and scope look funky on the HK. but if you like it thats all that matters.

internals are good. the switch assembly is going to be the most important part to get. if youve got the money i would think about the systema magnum motor. insane ROF.

list looks good though

Alright guys I'am looking a new stock and I saw the King Arms Crane stock on airsoftgi but it doesn't include the buffer tube so I want to know will the stock fit on the VFC buffer tube?Please note this not where my battery is going.

Alright guys I'am looking a new stock and I saw the King Arms Crane stock on airsoftgi but it doesn't include the buffer tube so I want to know will the stock fit on the VFC buffer tube?Please note this not where my battery is going.

I used the Star Crane stock on the stock buffer tube and fit absolutely perfect! Nice and snug, no wobble and moves smoothly from notch to notch. Only thing my battery is too big to fit down stock buffer tube but thats fine by me since i like it fully retracted and nice big fat 9.6v 3300 Mah battery in it.

Edited by AirRage
It was strange - when I removed my switch, I saw tell-tale signs that someone had attempted to file it down to be a better fit - just like had been discussed as a possible fix earlier in this thread.

i have to agree well.. most of it.

no the gun wasnt returned so that the switch assembly can fit. i believe all VFC came like that. if you go back to the first page i mentioned that the black block looked like poop.. also i was basicly one of the first people to get the gun so i dont think anyone would return a nice hk416 under a day... so yea. VFC took the super short cut on that one i guess.

Yeah, it was clearly filed - almost like they knew about the problem, and tried to fix it by filing the switch block down.

It uh.. yeah.. obviously didn't work. My faith in VFC is shaken, as everything else about the gun is soooooo nice, but because of a 50 cent piece of plastic being too big, the whole thing was made unuseable out of the box, making us sink $15+ on a new switch and making us open up the gearbox.

However, its just so beautiful and nice to hold, that I just can't stay mad at her for very long ;)

Hmm. I was going to go for the Hurricane retractable stock, but then I decided I liked the look of a designated marksman rifle. Any thoughts on the internals, as opposed to the externals :P

Cheers,

Hauk

The Hurricane stock is the HK417 stock, which is for a DMR. ;)

If I wanted a HK416/417-type DMR, which I sorta do :P, I'd do the following:

• Replace the solid stock you suggested with a Hurricane HK417 stock
  • Keep the scope you had listed, looks good to me
  • Instead of the G&P scope rings, get quick-detach scope rings so that you can quickly dismount the scope for CQB-type situations
  • Look into getting a 16-inch steel outer barrel - the DX kit comes with 10-inch and 14.5-inch outer barrels, but for that awesome DMR look you really need a 16-inch one ;)
  • Get a Magpul enhanced trigger guard - its such a small, no-nonsense item but it really makes the trigger easier to operate when wearing gloves

Internally, the Systema low-resistance switch assembly is really the most important bit - with that, the gun will work great. The standard VFC hop-up bucking is also kinda ######, so I'd definitely get a Prometheus or Guarder hop bucking as well (I got a Guarder, but only because Prometheus were out of stock).

I've got a number of internal upgrades in my gun to make it even better (I've told you these before but w/e, doesn't hurt to list em again), which are:

• Prometheus AEG Spring MS120
  • Systema Silicone Piston Head with Bearing (ZS-04-32)
  • Prometheus Spring Guide with Bearing V2
  • G&P High Pressure Polyacetal Piston
  • Prometheus 6.03mm Tightbore Barrel

The Prometheus spring boosts the gun's power quite a bit over forum limits, but of course you wouldn't need it if you are not looking to up the power of your gun. I'm guessing the rest of the parts gave me about a 15 FPS or so extra increase, and as you are building a DMR, I'd definitely recommend you to get a Prometheus tightbore barrel - they're great, and the difference in accurate is very noticable.

Hope that helps mate, can't wait to see you at Berget next year with that rifle! ;):D

Ok, so I just got my Magpul MIAD grip and its great, except for that fact that now I've installed it, my gun does not work anymore.

When I pull the trigger, I get this horrible metal-on-metal sound, as if the motor is grinding against something.

Any ideas? :(

if it's a high pitched WRYYYYYYYY (yes THE WORLD-ish sound)

then you're motor is most likely too low and not touching the gears or your gears have stripped, but this usually takes a while to happen. So, as the other guy mentioned, adjust your motor height.

I dont know if the question was answered before but is it possible to install a normal Ver. 2 GB and if so would the bolt lock still work?

Is it possible to change the outer barrel and still use the Ras?

I ask this because I want to make a HK 416 with 6.8 SPC (installing the VFC conversion kit (expect the flip up))

Regards Benj

well after reading 14 pages of this discussion im skeptical to say the least about buying this gun. the gun reminds me a a nicely wraped gift box with not much inside. yes some things inside are nice but the crucial parts arnt working.

another thing that draws me off the gu is that peq batery.

to fix these 2 problems i would take my gearbox from my broken china clone m4 and use the poly carb piston from the 416 put my old CA gears in it and do a nice job shimming and lubbing. that should eliminate their shity trigger assembly problem....i think, as long as it fits ofcourse

for the batery i would get a full stock and put the battery inside, im not sure how well thatl go either.

like i said im skeptical...450$ and a list of odd work to do on the gun when i havnt even got it yet.

I'm planning on getting a 1pt sling for my new 416, and I was wondering if this sling mount will work with the stock retractable...stock.  :blink:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=9657

i got a 1 point lsing on mine. im using a 1 poing Bungee from G&P.. its perdy nice. easy to use. but i still like the 3 point feel because u can swing it on your back while climbing trees and stuff.

Hi There!!

I'm a new member of the forum. I'would like to suggest a solution to the full-auto problem on the VFC 416...

I solve the problem by change the original cut off with a Marui (or Guarder)...

Look at the pics...

DSC01185.JPG

DSC01187.JPG

On the left there is the VFC original Cut-off - On the right there is the Marui...

for the battery, I use Intellect 2000@9,6... feets good in the an-peq and it's fantastic...

Edited by Angus_ITA

When I installed my systema switch assembly, I noticed that the VFC cut-off lever indeed differs from the rest. This however, appeared as a malfunction of the semi-auto but not as the jamming on full auto. The head on the VFC cut-off lever just wasn't long enough to catch the plastic balk inside the switch assembly, thus causing the gun to fire full auto only. I replaced mine with systema and the semi-auto now works great. I dont see why changing the cut-off lever only wouldn't work, especially if it works for you.

hmm. maybe thats why my i can shoot full auto, burst and semi on my semi auto mode.. hah.. maybe i should fix it..

but a temp fix is.. well when your on semi and you want to shoot 1 bb at a time just pull the trigger hard. if u want to shoot a burst.. just have a steady trigger pull and at the end squeeze hard to stop the gun from shooting. and so on.

Holy ######, you guys are right - my semi-auto shoots full auto. I didn't even notice until just the other day. So, I log on here, and sure enough, here's a fix.

I'm going to order up a new cutoff lever right away. Thanks again guys.