KJW p226, KWJ USP or KWA usp?

kevshin21

And stop bashing Crispin guys. Two and twenty milimeters can mean a lot if you have petite hands. Really now, I've done and shot a Colt Gov 1911 and last I recall those come in single stack. Nearly wrapped my fingers twice over around that little thing and I thought the .45acp was supposed to be macho? Of course the girl right next to me was having some difficulty holding the same gun (the spent casing nearly struck her face too after firing from an unsupported stance).

Crispin specifically states that he does not have petite hands.

As for "petite and effeminate hands" my hand are big and strong enough for real 1911's which your's cant seem to handle. Maybe yours are too big and fat.

The whole thing goes down thusly

Crispin: The USP is VERY BIG.

Stealth: No it's not. It's about the size of a glock 19

Crispin: No it's not, its almost as large as a Mk23. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Stealth: I have all the guns.

Crispin: YOU'RE WRONG.

Stealthbomber posts pictures, proving his point.

Crispin: I meant width!

Stealthbomber posts more pictures, further showing Crispin is incorrect.

Crispin goes very quiet.

Laughter ensues.

We're not so much bashing him for being wrong, but bashing him for insisting he was right when he clearly wasn't. It's not a smart idea to argue with someone who has all the guns in question, and a camera, because they can prove your ineptitude AWFULLY QUICKLY.

I thought the USP was bigger than that too, I was sort of looking- uh, yeah. Any way, How big is the USPc then? About the size of a G26?

Forgot to answer the original question. In my experience KJW gas guns have a somewhat inconsistent hop up. I have only used/owned two, but with both of them, for whatever reason, the BB can sometimes fall 20 feet shorter than the rest. I've never used the KJ P226, though. I have never used the KJ USP, but I've never read a good thing about it, so I would stay away. I think that the KWA USP is the one to go with.

all reports seem to suggest the KJW has excellent accuracy/hop, which is to be expected as its a direct copy of the Marui's, which is simply brilliant.

Eh?

You're talking about the P226, right?

The "hop-up" on the KJW USP is an o-ring fitted over the barrel with a slot cut into the hop so the o-ring can poke inside the barrel.

Sophisticated, it isn't.

Somebody got their first GBB? :rolleyes:

Exactly what sort of metal do you think it's made of if not "pot metal"?

Erm, it's about the size of a Glock 19. It's classed as a "compact".  :huh:

what is the defenition of potmetal?

my idea of potmetal is-->the metal lowerframe-part of the TM -hicapa

the kjw p226 seems to be made of something sturdier...

that is what I mean, but I could be wrong.

Somebody got their first GBB? :rolleyes:

Exactly what sort of metal do you think it's made of if not "pot metal"?

Erm, it's about the size of a Glock 19. It's classed as a "compact".  :huh:

what is the defenition of potmetal?

my idea of potmetal is-->the metal lowerframe-part of the TM -hicapa

the kjw p226 seems to be made of something sturdier...

that is what I mean, but I could be wrong.

"pot metal" actually means anything die-casted. So technically, even the G&P M4 metal receivers or Guarder metal slides are pot metal. However, in airsofter jargon, the term becomes alloy of dubious metallurgy. Of the pure metals that can be die-casted, aluminum is the strongest, then magnesium, then zinc. There are ways into mixing these metals so that the end result will be stronger than just pure aluminum. But in cases of many cheapo "all metal" guns made in China or Taiwan, the end result is horrible and is given pot metal status.

The P226 stands out bacause the material used on the slide seems to be real good.

I'd like to point out that the slide length of the USP appears to be shorter than the 1911 in the picture.

Unneccesary words removed for clarity.

Can anyone tell me how the KJW metal compares to the cheap Marui kits, ie Guarder and Action, in terms of finnish, overall quality etc etc.

cheers

Personally, I think it sucks. I know people who have stripped the paint of KJW parts and found the metal underneath to be pock-marked, discoloured and, generally, look like it was mixed together in a tin cup.

Archived