STAR UMP

luninhk

On the subject of licenses Glock did pretty much what H&K are likely to do. Asia Paintball made a shall ejecting paintball Glock replica. Because they took offense to it they served the dealers and distributors in the USA hefty legal orders. This resulted in the Glock design for the US being changed radically with angular cuts being made on the slide to make it look non-Glock.

As for H&K officially licensing an Airsoft replica.. it's just never going to happen as they aren't currently interested in Airsoft (unless their mindset changes suddenly).

If they want to they don't have to stop the manufacture or the replica factories, they can stop import of all looky-likey gear through customs into target countries and sue any dealer/retailer they can get hold of into the poor house.

Remember firearms are big business.. and sometimes the law firms that they have on retainer get bored and need to earn their keep.

Trademarks and copyright issues haven't surfaced in the UK and EU yet on any large scale, but it's only a matter of time as Airsoft gets larger and more popular. Trademarks will become a big issue at some point in the future.

On the subject of the Marui M14, the last whispers I heard about it are that TM have little intention of producing the AEG and merely announced the new model to spite other M14 projects that were around at the time.

'tis a funny old world. ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard from a reliable source that H&K would theoreticaly offer licences for replicas/training weapons but they currently see no product and manufacturer that meet their high quality requirements.

I've no idea what kind of "high quality" they expect if products like a KSC USP Compact GBB e.g. are not good enough for licenced trademarks.

its funny how many people say that they are going to buy one, but when you look at the bottom line I wonder how many are going to be willing to dole out enough money for a new gun on an upgrade that effectively does nothing.

I also wonder what will happen to all the empty G36 shells.

If it just needs gearbox and thats it, why buy a full G36 just for its box? you can buy an OEM Marui Gearbox for I think 150.

I've heard from a reliable source that H&K would theoreticaly offer licences for replicas/training weapons but they currently see no product and manufacturer that meet their high quality requirements.

I've no idea what kind of "high quality" they expect if products like a KSC USP Compact GBB e.g. are not good enough for licenced trademarks.

Ohhh mate... :) I don't think so, talking with the people of HK at the "ShotShow 2005" in Las Vegas they would not even consider liscensing a replica their attitud towards airsoft is very hostile. Anyway is not that I spoke with HK Chairman, their VP or something like that... I just speak with their custumer service and the people that takes care of the Gun Dealers. Can you mention your source?.

At least we should be glad they are not the rule but the exception to the rule and companies like FN, Armalite, Colt, ZM and so many other are not afraid to give liscenses to airsoft companies.

This are some of my pics of HK booth at the ShotShow 05 in Las Vegas... the quality of the pics is horrible and make not justice to some of the guns that we all know... but anyway here they are... :bye1:

252462.JPG

252463.JPG

252464.JPG

252465.JPG

252466.JPG

252468.JPG

Ohhh mate...  :)  I don't think so, talking with the people of HK at the "ShotShow 2005" in Las Vegas they would not even consider liscensing a replica their attitud towards airsoft is very hostile. Anyway is not that I spoke with HK Chairman, their VP or something like that... I just speak with their custumer service and the people that takes care of the Gun Dealers. Can you mention your source?.

Well known German Dealer with contacts to H&Ks patent lawyers. We've many problems in Germany for H&K Replicas, not only for the trademarks also if they're marked with german weapon proof signs like the HurricanE HKM4 Body e.g. (that's falsification of documents in our law), so they have intensive contact.

I trust this source uncompromising.

ooo

Is that a UMC? you know, the UMP with a longer barrel, semi-auto only and a 10 round mag?

UMC? I think you mean USC

http://www.hkpro.com/usc.htm

But I only see a silenced UMP at MAKKOOs Pictures.

You do realise that pretty much every HK retailer will sell the UMP as a full gun, for about $190 more than the kit, with a 1J upgrade, & most likely *semi full systema parts.

*semi full meaning: -Gears, piston head, nozzle, spring and metal bushings are upgraded

^^^ EH?

I'm talking about HK retailers. It doesn't matter how much the kits costs, whether its $250 or $25.00, with pre fitted & upgreaded internals it will be about $190 on top of the kit.

So say the kit is $250, it'll be around $440, for the complete gun with upgraded internals.

I'm talking about HK street shops.

Believe it or not, retailers like Redwolf up the prices on thier guns.

I can get a Brand New TM G36C for 100 pounds in HK street shops, but Redwolf sells them for 120 pounds.

It's all a matter of where you shop.

Sorry, sorry.

I dunno what to do.

Save up for one of these? Or get a Gspec?

I have a friend who runs an airsoft shop who is offering me a Brand New VSR10 Gspec, upgraded to something I can't say here all for 100 pounds.

But I REALLY want this UMP.

Bum clouds.

Archived