Executing prisoners, what do you think?

79TransAm

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I too late too say that the idea of shooting prisoners falls a bit with keeping an impression of most ordinary units today and not following the geneva conventions. You are not allowed to execute people just like that, and in most real life situations the intel officers would provbably be pretty annoyed if the foot soldiers did their own home brewn interrogations.

But then, that's just my ideas and opinions.

the geneva convention also says you cant use nukes for an offensive(or so im constantly told whenever i bring up my iraq plan) so we couldnt have plant/disarm the nuke,also hostage takers are usually unmarked combatants like terrorists or something and therefore do not follow the geneva convention :D im usually designated executioner(and its not mean to shoot them in the back of the head w/ an empty gas pistol(its still got gas,just no bb's)

Terrorists are, however, criminals. They are, therefore, due all the rights that are due a criminal. Which in most nations includes a trial, even if it's in a kangaroo court.

Even then, terrorists are important to keep alive. If they're dead, you won't learn near as much as you could about their cell or their organization as if the detectives were to do their job with only information on the terrorists who were spotted/captured/killed.

I spoke in general terms, not about the war on terrorism and it's "illegal combatants".

Sure, illegal combatants aren't protected by the Geneva conventions, but I didn't know Coalition forces executed P.O.. well criminals to the left and right in A-stan, I thought they kept them alive for intel, and not having to take cr4p in international media for more than Guantanamo, specially as the prisoners stauses are disputed. No one really want to stain their units/nations reputation.

P.O.W.-killings happen, civilians get killed sometimes, and we know what usually happens when stuff like that gets out.

When I'm a "POW", I usually just start walking away until someone says something. I do that a couple of times until they wise up and "handcuff" me to something. I've also shot/given the order to shoot a VIP to prevent the other team from obtaining him. Of course bang rules still apply. It's part of the game.

And that's why they lost the war.

:zorro:

It's a well-known fact that the Germans lost WW2 because all the officers were preoccupied with drawing up cunning plots to steal gold from banks and famous paintings from castles.

Europe is filled with banks and castles you know.

The reason no armoured battalions were sent to Normandy was that they were all otherwise engaged shipping hauls of booty around Europe.

In case anyone's interested, I have The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies, by Van Clomp. It is hidden in one of these sausages. In another, is a high voltage battery for the British airmen's radio. The other ten sausages are perfectly normal. Do not mix them up.

*sausages are knocked over by a British airman disguised as a French policeman*

Oh 'eck.

:zorro:

alright yea, "illegal combatants" those were the words im looking for, my freinds heckle me all the time about the geneva convention cause our airsoft games "have to be logical and organized".the germans lost WW2 because they repeated history pulled a napolean and tried to invade Russia less than a month before winter,everyone nows russia is just about impossible to invade (or was at the time because its so large and cold). And using hostages as meatshields is always fun :D

the germans lost WW2 because they repeated history pulled a napolean and tried to invade Russia less than a month before winter,everyone nows russia is just about impossible to invade (or was at the time because its so large and cold).

I figure it'd be really easy to invade Russia. I'm sure there are huge bits of it you could invade without anybody even noticing.

Where they went wrong was that they tried to invade the bits filled with Russian soldiers.

Archived