Executing prisoners, what do you think?

79TransAm

obviously the POW rules would have to be built in. But they would not be allowed to regen if they were shot. Their mission alone would be to survive captivity. Sure you could work something in with them where they gave the info after so much time. That combination idea is pretty cool. Thanks for the feedback guys. I was more looking to see if people would be upset cuz they felt the pratice was unsafe.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One game i played a while back, our team of was fighting it out with the other team and we came across a wounded enemy, waiting for a medic. Standing up gun above head etc, and he asked whether i wanted whatever token thing he was carrying as part of the scenario, as i'd completely forgot. Can't remember if i said bang, or fired a shot into his boot, but he was eliminated and we took the money/ fake drugs/token or whatever it might have been that game.

As for surrendering... well i've been taken prisoner before in woodland games. I absolutely hate being the last person left in a bunker, or one of the last few. Right at the end of bunker games is when the BFGs, Mk 9's and moscarts start getting thrown in, and i really don't want to be around when that happens, so i'll sometimes walk, even if not hit.

I am happy to see, that once again, we have started to speculate about stock market trends for the next quarter and the socio economic conditions of Cambodia… and how they relate to airsoft (of course).

This sounds about the best possible way ever to encourage bullying in airsoft. I can remember a few months back people discussing POWs on some forums or another, in my opinion its a terrible idea. It woudl at best be borring for the captuered player and at worse fairly unpleasant if the other players got carried away. It could work with the dowened pilot senario because that person had chosen to be in that position, if its veeryone you are playing with fire, what if soem kid is "captured", pretty horrible experience if they are being told they must talk or be shot by 5 24 year olds with tricked ou AEGs. Airsoft is for fun, this kind of *beep* is the perfect way to mess it up.

You should be allowed to execute prisoners, but only if you're dressed as a Nazi and use a Luger P08 to do the deed.

And not just Wermacht uniform or something, I want proper black SS uniform. And afterwards, you have to sip wine whilst sending the executed man's friend to be tortured.

:zorro:

Man, this is one of the nastier ideas I've come across.

I have to say, I'd rather leave roleplaying the executioner off the airsoft field. We've been putting in groundwork saying we're not psychos and ne'er do wells and that its a game of honour and sportsmanship, and then someone comes up with the idea of popping other players in the back while they're kneeling down? Nice. :huh:

While I'm all for a variation in scenarios (try playing CTF only for 3 years :blink: ) I'd strongly suggest that airsoft isn't the place for mock-up executions. Assasination scenarios, fair enough, but shooting prisoners?

As discussed above, ethics aside, how would it work: there's no real incentive there unless its a long game and there's some system for handover of the prisoners at the end. No one is going to "talk" when all they have to worry about is mooching back to the safe zone for a fag.

Now, human shields might be a different kettle of fish (but you didn't hear me say it).

You should be allowed to execute prisoners, but only if you're dressed as a Nazi and use a Luger P08 to do the deed.

And not just Wermacht uniform or something, I want proper black SS uniform. And afterwards, you have to sip wine whilst sending the executed man's friend to be tortured.

You forgot about taking your suicide pill before the Allies catch up to you.

:pirate:®

Most people are missing the point that this would probably only be used in Millsim scenarios, so i'm talking about having pretty strict rules and players who can play airsoft without going through 3000 rounds also the prisoners could end up being just role playing personal kinda like some people play civilians. Sometimes you just have to have patience. I had to play POW and wait for my team to come rescue me, which they didn't but i escaped.

What about a MP40....?

Assuming some passing doctor on a motor bike and his side kick don't steal it from your dead body after using their custom airsoft Detonic combat masters :)

Archived