Pro-Win 8mm gearbox

Tinkerton

good news for all of you with Armalites, Pro Win have made another DIY gearbox for you, and this time its not neon blue.

here it be

"- CNC Made 8mm Gearbox Set for M4/M16 Series

- Air sealing chamber prevents power loss

- Quick-Detachable design, changing spring and maintaining is easy

- Spring Release Switch for longer spring life"

sounds quite tasty, but at $230 its not that cheap.

Question is, will it go in metal bodies alright? I heard a few stories of having to chop bits out of metal bodies to get the first version in them.

EDIT: Note to self, read things!

"Modifications required for some parts and metal body, installation should be performed by experts."

All metal bodies require modifications. Just the hurricanes require the least amount. There are some filing and dremeling involved. And definitely not for a beginner. You may find issues with the pistol grip as some aftermarket ones may not fit or seat correctly. That is if PGC hasn't fixed that from the first version.

And what do you mean by broke?

That is actually a really good price considering it comes with everything needed to make it function.

Apart from gears and wiring and a trigger and a guy to put it together for you and a guy to make sure it works.

When you compare the price to a Systema gearbox its actually not that bad what with all the extra features you get, I might get one as a project if there still around the next time my freind goes over to HK, hopefully the Magpul Masada kit will be out at around the same time so I can get both B)

Oh and the difference between this one and the old one is the old one had 7mm bearings not 8mm like the new one.

I saw that video a couple of weeks ago, the gearbox looks a purple colour as he puts the mag in or is it just the lighting!?

I know Sale said the lighting was responsible for making it look different on the WGC and Redwolf images but i'm sure one is black (WGC) and the other silver (Redwolf).

• 2 years later...

Archived