Star L85 A2 Rifle

TomTom_UK

Who bought the mags and battery for this gun, just outta interest?

Sounds like this fellas on the con to me, I'd be straight onto the police, no messing.

Oh, a gun can be delivered within two days ANYWHERE in the british isles if you use the right carrier. Did he mention postage costs?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, unless you have:

1. Agreed to buy this rifle

2. Agreed to trade this rifle

3. Have some way of contacting TomTom_UK

4. Have useful information

Please do not post, as it makes the thread very hard to follow.

So far it would seem that potshot and laz1969 have bought this, and sent money. Currently the purpose of this thread is to sort out what has happened, who should receive a rifle and who should receive their money back.

How did potshot pay?

The question of time is relevant still, its still less than week since the rifle was "sold." If you allow time for a cheque/postal order to clear, then it is not unreasonable for no-one to have received anything yet. However, there is the lack of communication, and the fact the TomTom_UK has sold the rifle to at least two people. TomTom_UK needs to respond to this.

Wolfy had agreed to swap for his M4, but I think realised some problem and has not sent his M4, and the trade has appeared to have fallen through. Please could Wolfy confirm this.

Thats correct from my perspective. I got lucky. We had agreed to swap my ICS M4 for his SA80on Thursday(22nd) night. He inititialy was pushing for me to send the M4 the next day but I explained that this would not be possible as I did not have time to wrap it etc. Our last exchange of PM was 10:54. It was agreed that we would both send the guns out on Monday using next day delivery. When I noticed someone had posted on this thread on the Friday I looked in to see what had been posted only to find out that two people were stating that they had purchased and paid for the gun. I posted as above with my concerns and within the hour had a PM from TomTom stating that the deal was off, which I was quite relieved about. I should point out that I specificaly asked whether the gun had been sold as he had posted that it was and was told that the deal had fallen through. I have saved all the PM's should any Mod wish to see them.

I think your wright,the police are my only option now,the only thing now is how interested are the police going to be!!!!!!!i really can"t believe that someone can"t pass on information on this guy as surely someone no"s who he is!!!!!!!Sod it i WILL pay for info on this scumbag as long as the info leads to a result

laz, you need to calm down. Nothing can get done if you continue to hop up and down yelling every way from Tuesday. If you can act mature through all this, more people will be willing to help you. Trust me on this one.

Go back to the Police and explain to them as POLITELY as possible that you have been the victim of fraud (obtaining monies by means of deception ect) and that you would very much like to have this incident investigated. Also explain to them as NICELY as possible that you have also uncovered evidence that the person in question has commited fraud before - ebay, arniesairsoft ect ect.

Actually, if he has commited credit card fraud on ebay - what was the outcome of that incident? Does that mean he is on Police record or what?

Go back to the Police and explain to them as POLITELY as possible that you have been the victim of fraud (obtaining monies by means of deception ect) and that you would very much like to have this incident investigated. Also explain to them as NICELY as possible that you have also uncovered evidence that the person in question has commited fraud before - ebay, arniesairsoft ect ect.

Actually, if he has commited credit card fraud on ebay - what was the outcome of that incident? Does that mean he is on Police record or what?

Ref that post, have you or are you going to do the above?

If any of you guys are prepared to provide me with PROOF that they sent the guy money (scan of a receipt for a postal order or bank statement etc) for the gun and his personal details I can nip across to Stranraer and have a chat with him in a week or so.

I won't do it just on your say-so though. I'll want some proof to show to a sympathetic parent, should I find one at the address.

Here's a top tip for the future though: Don't buy guns when the seller can't post a picture.

Hey guys just to let you know I'm from Stranraer and know this guy as Keldon in our team forum,I've tried phoning him but to no avail one of the guys managed to contact him by text and asked him to sort out the problem his answer was

"Err ask him to wait till I'm online, hopefully 7th, maybe 17th, and I will sort him out then. Tried to get onto the forums today but f****d my shoulder playing squash last night, means I cant make it tomoz either"

Then after a few more texts he said he'd give the money back but the problem with this was that he hadn't been in touch with the guys whom he owes the money to at all. We've given the man the chance to redeem himself but all he's done is drag his heels, so as of yesterday 13th Mar he's been banned from our forum and from playing at our private site also information on him has been forwarded to laz1969(through our forum) to help him get his money back.

Myself and the other members of Team Blackthistle do not want to be tarred with the same brush and hope that the guys conned by him get their moneys returned.

Hey guys just to let you know I'm from Stranraer and know this guy as Keldon in our team forum,I've tried phoning him but to no avail one of the guys managed to contact him by text and asked him to sort out the problem his answer was

"Err ask him to wait till I'm online, hopefully 7th, maybe 17th, and I will sort him out then. Tried to get onto the forums today but f****d my shoulder playing squash last night, means I cant make it tomoz either"

Then after a few more texts he said he'd give the money back but the problem with this was that he hadn't been in touch with the guys whom he owes the money to at all. We've given the man the chance to redeem himself but all he's done is drag his heels, so as of yesterday 13th Mar he's been banned from our forum and from playing at our private site also information on him has been forwarded to laz1969(through our forum) to help him get his money back.

Myself and the other members of Team Blackthistle do not want to be tarred with the same brush and hope that the guys conned by him get their moneys returned.

Thats a name thats familiar! He did me on a slae but in the other direction.

Sold him a TM SPAS12 about a year back now over on ASCUK. He paid for it within about 5 mins via PP, gun was sent fine. 3 days later the PP transaction was reversed so he not only had the gun but the money as well. Took me 6 month of writing, pm'ing and threats but I eventually got the gun back.

Unfortunatly as a resuly of this my PP account had to be closed as he left me -£120 in there and I had no way of getting the money back in there. Filed PP claims with no result. In the end I had to have the account closed by pp and let it go to debt collectors, then open up another pp account.

I think their are several threads with his name involved around the various forums

This guy is seriously bad news and has been ripping people off for over a year now.

Sam

Archived