Western Arms: WA M4 Patriot

Crimson

Third GBB M4 from Western Arms is... M4 Patriot. Certain changes to the mechanism (mostly bolt mechanism) has been made in order to make operation more reliable. Also, replica now ceases to fire with empty magazine. It should be in stores shortly, price 64.050 YEN (388.85 EUR).

thumb_wa_m4_patriot_1208a.jpg

Source Airsoft news:

http://airsoft-news.eu/news.php

Looks just like a basic patriot to me. The Tail is probably that long so you could swap over to a sliding stock without having to worry about a shorter recoil spring inside.

The modifications they mention, just sound like what happens when the parts break anyway.

SO in a pre empt on the lock back mech wearing out they just got rid of it. They could have made it out of better material.....

Still, £388 euros by retailer price conversions should end up at £4000 by the time it gets here. nice, I'll have ten. :rolleyes:

Still its the cheapest version they do yet and I do like patriots. What's that WA? your thinking of making an OA98???? Nah, wishingful thinking.....I'll just have to play patriot games with an actual patriot.

Looks absolutely boring (IMHO).....and whats the deal with the reworks? any detail on what exactly they have revised?....after the initial offering by WA, I wouldn't trust them or the rifle to be any better than the current M4.

As for the Patriot concept offered by WA, it just looks a little bit out of place (read cheap)...I thought the whole idea of the Patriot was to make a real cut-down M4 "pistol"....that looks like a CQB-R without a butt stock :( if I was going to use this rifle, the first thing I'd do is stick on a stock.....that or get a nice red round spot on your shoulder as the butt of the stock tube tries to mate with your armpit.....nice

Looks just like a basic patriot to me. The Tail is probably that long so you could swap over to a sliding stock without having to worry about a shorter recoil spring inside.

The modifications they mention, just sound like what happens when the parts break anyway.

SO in a pre empt on the lock back mech wearing out they just got rid of it. They could have made it out of better material.....

You got the wrong end of the stick there mate

This version gun now ceases to fire when the mag has no ammo inside it, basically it has the working bolt catch like the previous models, but it cannot be disabled.

They havnt got rid of the bolt catch locking mech at all, they have just made it so the gun cannot be dry-fired.

You got the wrong end of the stick there mate

This version gun now ceases to fire when the mag has no ammo inside it, basically it has the working bolt catch like the previous models, but it cannot be disabled.

They havnt got rid of the bolt catch locking mech at all, they have just made it so the gun cannot be dry-fired.

Doh! Now I see, thanks chap.

For those complaining about the tail: If you look up AR15 pistols you'll come up with 100's of variants. Most of which have long tail sections as there is a recoil spring inside. There are shorter versions as well. The idea is that you have a less bulky gun, it doesn't have to be shorter. All partiots have a tails because of the design.....to do away with it gave birth to such things as the OA 93/98, LR300 etc etc where by the spring when over the top of the receiver.

The way I see it for this model is that its a perfect choice to allow you to buy the better quality aftermarket parts by G&P and save a couple of quid on the basic gun. If you have the full lenght m4, chances are you'd ditch the crappy plastic RIS and stock for aftermarket parts anyway.

The way I see it for this model is that its a perfect choice to allow you to buy the better quality aftermarket parts by G&P and save a couple of quid on the basic gun. If you have the full lenght m4, chances are you'd ditch the crappy plastic RIS and stock for aftermarket parts anyway.

Good point! I hadn't thought about that until you mentioned it, but if this model is substantially cheaper than the CQB-R or A1 than it could be a very good platform for the G&P kits. And since a WA without a G&P kit feels pretty much like a cheap plastic toy, I think they'll sell a lot of these if they price them cheap enough ^_^

• 1 month later...

Well this is out now at redwolf. According to them it DOESN'T have the bolt stop function at all...like I previously had heard. It does have the new mag and high speed recoil though....I hope that doesn't come with high speed cool down.

Not much cheaper than their previous offering either. $538 or so......I think that if WE get it right, price alone will dictate the M4 gbb winner in this race. WA do make quality but their prices are still not justifiable.

Archived