LCT AS "Val" & VSS "Vintorez" AEG

rusTORK

This is going to be interesting, considering G&G plans to release the Vintorez as well. I wonder how mag compatibility will be, since one of the main things that turn me off form NPO is:

a) No reviews whatsoever from anyone in the U.S.

B) Mags are $50

I do hope G&G and LCT announce a SR-3M Vikhr--I don't care much for the other two, tbh.

Too bad ATACKA and allequipped have their prices set around $300 above what NPO is asking in Russia. I can understand they need a return investment as well as the shipping, but it's too much to pay for, IMO.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have waited for a VSS forever.

I have been in contact with Atacka. They have been only able to get 1 of the NPO VSS's in the US, hence why there are not too many reviews on them. I think they might have just got another one in, but I know some people have been waiting for theirs for months. They do not have any instock instead once you order, they order from NPO. Plus the price is so high. I have faith in LCT!

It's the general problem with ordering anything from Russia, it's expensive, slow and unreliable which means that Russian built stuff, even if there's a demand for it generally has a very hard time penetrating external markets. It's a shame since there seem to be a number of really interesting things coming from Russia currently and it also seems to be based entirely in unnecissary inefficiencies in the Russian postal and shipping system, compare that to Poland where there are a number of shops that easily ship to the rest of the EU (I'd guess that's a big part of the problem though obviously not the whole of it, HK still ships to the EU and that's thousands of miles away, hence, LCT stuff will get far more penetration to western markets than the geographically much closer Russian stuff). I'd be interested to see if the Izmash built AEGs get a wider distribution, can see that going either way, being a bigger company could mean an easier time exporting, being an actual firearms manufacturer could easily make border authorities spaz out badly (imagine some HMRC officers finding a shipment of apparently Izmash marked AK74ms?!?!) Still, cool to see that the AS VAL and VSS are both being manufactured by a variety of people rather than being a distant pipe dream of many airsofters.

It's the general problem with ordering anything from Russia, it's expensive, slow and unreliable which means that Russian built stuff, even if there's a demand for it generally has a very hard time penetrating external markets.

We have reversed problem: if something just hit the market - it's hard to import it in Russia due to strict customs regulations. Such shops as WGC, RedWolf, eHobbyAsia, Airsoft Global almost don't ship in Russia. Only UN Company working with forwarder, but it taking 2-3 months to get an item.

...compare that to Poland where there are a number of shops that easily ship to the rest of the EU.

Because Poland in EU. :) Russia isn't in EU and have diffirent postal regulation. In fact, we have MORE problems with parcels from Poland (they changing tracking numbers too often).

I'd be interested to see if the Izmash built AEGs get a wider distribution, can see that going either way, being a bigger company could mean an easier time exporting, being an actual firearms manufacturer could easily make border authorities spaz out badly...

Izmash don't care much about Airsoft. Last i saw their AEG it was AK-74M (one and only). Look's good, cost a lot - expecting price is about 25-27k rubbles. This is close to $778-840 in Russia (LCT AK-74M cost here 14k!). Here is photos of pre-serial prototype:

6792621.jpg6792760.jpg

More info here: http://guns.allzip.org/topic/107/1044894.html (Russian language knowlage requied)

Because Poland in EU. :) Russia isn't in EU and have diffirent postal regulation. In fact, we have MORE problems with parcels from Poland (they changing tracking numbers too often).

Yeah, sorry, wasn't massively clear on my point with that. I know Russia isn't in the EU, would kinda be major news if it were :P My point was that it's not just the lack of EU membership, it's other stuff as well, it's easier to get stuff from the far east in the EU than it is from Russia which is across the border from a few EU countries. I guess as you say, it's just the problem of over strictness of border controls on either side, I don't think I could deal with 2- 3 month waiting periods for orders!

The issues are not just in customs regulations and Russian Post service... In fact local retailers have no idea about customer service whatsoever and for me it's easier and more reliable to get stuff abroad. Plus lack of English skills combined with absence of e-payments practice, zero commitment and customer care

Not sure about sending out of Russia as there is a stupid law which makes any weapon-looking device prohibited for international mail shipment - but it usually works to restrict import - interesting if they do care about exporting

And again there is a question of market demand in your as NPO AEG products are not cheap and VSS+2 mid-caps (75bbs)+1 low-cap(50bbs)+LiPo (11,1 1400mAh for suppresor tube instalation) + shipping will cost about 730 Pounds with no comission from the side of Good Samaritan. And $1150 for US

For these money you'll get it with basic SRC internals with 330fps. Pre-upgraded versions for 400fps and 500fps $290 and $350 more expensive respectively.

Don't think there will be a lot of people to spend that much for the product with no customer aftersales support

Can some/. one upload detailed photo's of the NPO VSS? I mean if there's anyone who has one to pass some info's if he's seen one.

I'm dying for a VSS, I've looking to buy for too long, but I don't want to pay $1300 for an AEG.

LCT guns are good but I'd like to see if there's any differences with the NPO's.

Wolf

The magazine looks awful in contrast with the rest of the parts...

In fact the do feed awful as well... at least they did some time ago and worked only with madbull and one other brand of bbs

Plus the RS VAL/VSS surface is far from nice and cool and there is a question of realizm - as NPO makes them as similar as possible it can look too clumsy for its price  

In fact the do feed awful as well... at least they did some time ago and worked only with madbull and one other brand of bbs

Plus the RS VAL/VSS surface is far from nice and cool and there is a question of realizm - as NPO makes them as similar as possible it can look too clumsy for its price  

I found a side by side comparison between a Gen2 I believe and a Real steel version and it was pretty darn close.

I just hope LCT magazines are compatible with NPO (I bet they will), although LCT magazines aren't that great either :S.

I'm not a fan of LCT zinc paintwork, looks cheap and unrealistic, NPO got closer to what the real deal looks like, and it's probably a lot more durable... there are still so many folks out there believing everything in russia still gets pavonated.

I'm going to visit the city of Magnitogorsk (it's where NPO is located - not far away from recent Chelyabinsk meteorite fall) next month and look forward to get an idea how the production is set and listen to their vision and strategy a bit...

About LCT and NPO and Zeta Labs:

I had a small chat with "business supervisor of LCT airsoft" about their VSS & AS. Asked about Zeta Labs... They told me it's their own project. They aren't connected with anyone!

So, i don't think magazines will be interchangeable.

I'm not a fan of LCT zinc paintwork, looks cheap and unrealistic, NPO got closer to what the real deal looks like, and it's probably a lot more durable... there are still so many folks out there believing everything in russia still gets pavonated.

Actually, NPO has access to the phosphate finish used on the real guns. Not sure if its reflected in those kit pictures though, as that change only happened sometime last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I could do with a review too. Also, since I figure you probably speak Russian, would you be able to tell me if the standard SR-3 comes with a detachable suppressor as well? I know I heard rumors of it, but I have no idea if it actually happened yet or not.

Archived