Iron airsoft Lee-enfield No1 MK3 GBB

Isamu

Definitely a start, far better than nothing.

The wood looks far too red vs the real ones I've handled. Not sure the handle on the bolt should have a mirror finish like that either?  But credit to them either way for getting on and actually producing one.  If they release a Mk4 that looks good and shoots straight I'll definitely buy it (long as it costs less than $1k).

Hold up.. GBB?  Must be a typo, I'm sure it'll just be a normal NBB gas rifle.

Usually I'd say I'd want spring for the consistency but I want to use something like this for CQB in which case the increased ROF due to easier cocking will be a plus.  Will need downgrading I'd imagine but with this sort of a rifle I don't think that'll be too difficult.

It's gas and a NBB. I have one and it was damaged in transit (the knob on the bolt was broken). It's been out for a while on evikes website (listed as a matrix, really annoying how they do that), I say a while, since the end of last year.

I would say buy one if you never intend to skirmish it. If you want to skirmish it, good luck (high lemon rate with the magazine - removable - and has brittle pars).

Edit:- even with shipping, it's cheaper at Evike :- http://www.evike.com/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&sort=3a&keywords=Enfield&x=16&y=10

$210 plus shipping is way cheaper. Unless this is a newer upgraded version (at ehobby Asia)?

$210 plus shipping is way cheaper. Unless this is a newer upgraded version (at ehobby Asia)?

Surely it's a different model? Iron Airsoft aren't, as far as I know anyway, ACM (which is what 'Matrix' means on Evike's website) and the price difference is so huge that I don't think they can be the same gun.

Surely it's a different model? Iron Airsoft aren't, as far as I know anyway, ACM (which is what 'Matrix' means on Evike's website) and the price difference is so huge that I don't think they can be the same gun.

"Matrix" doesn't necessarily mean "All China Made"; it's just a catchall for any manufacturer with no local advertising presence and a way to make price comparisons more difficult.  

FPS is listed as 80FPS at room temperature and 95 "with heated magazine" (whatever that means) so it's probably CQB safe, dependant on gas used.

Still, I'd want to be using a LeeEnfield as a snipers rifle in woodland, so it'd need to be ~450 with +/- 1fps regardless of temerature, therefore no gas for me thanks.

using a LeeEnfield as a snipers rifle in woodland, so it'd need to be ~450 with +/- 1fps regardless of temerature, therefore no gas for me thanks.

Jesus - that's one hell of a requirement. I've rarely seen guns maintain such consistency. Most of the highest tuned ones I've come across, or made myself, will have a deviance of about 3 - 9fps. Fair play if you're achieving that little variance in your guns!

Jesus - that's one hell of a requirement. I've rarely seen guns maintain such consistency. Most of the highest tuned ones I've come across, or made myself, will have a deviance of about 3 - 9fps. Fair play if you're achieving that little variance in your guns!

I've had one AEG with +/- 1 at 311fps 

• 3 weeks later...

It saddens me that of all the great bolt actions, I never have had much with the MK3.  There's just something about it that makes me want to hold one with "Insert awesome British marching tune" playing nearby.  I think it has something to do with the front end, just really a fascinating design aspect (despite all the shortcomings that went with it).

Make a springer with a better stock and I am sold.

Seeing the evike spokesperson handling it makes me want to return to the home isles.  ("Stickler for correctness my *albatross*")  That orange paint is perhaps the worst I've seen.

Archived