AF-2011 a1 in the works

NeoVeNoM

For those not familiar with the AF2011 a1.

it's a double barrelled 1911.

Double-Barrel-Handgun.jpg

Says here Cybergun is going to "make" it.

http://www.all4shooters.com/en/news/airsoft/2014/Cybergun-Arsenal-Firearms-AF2011-A1-Second-Century-pistol-airsoft-replica/

any bets on who will be the OEM?

I am hoping VFC.

@mods:

If this news has already been posted, please feel free to remove it.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT IT OEM'd BY VFC? so the coolest most unique airsoft gun on the planet can be a useless pile of *suitcase* paper weight? sure itd look nice but VFC makes really *suitcasey* gbbs...

i read the article and they mention intokatsu

Why?

Not being funny, but what's the point? It wont fit any holsters, the mags will probably be proprietary, it'll be heavy as sin, it's ugly as *fruitcage*, heavy slide means rubbish gas efficiency, two of some things means twice as many things to go wrong - two triggers, two hop rubbers, two barrels, two BBU's, etc etc etc.

I assume it'll be one mag with two BB feed tube into two different inner barrel, I assume it'd have to be COfor crazy kick, and since the two mag behaves more like one mag, you could easily fit a capsule in there.. I mean... the reason to own this is the same reason for why they made the real one in the first place... it's completely pointless, but I'm sure someone somewhere would find it interesting enough to pay top money for one (two?). 

But anyway. VFC has been making very good GBB pistols, they just haven't quite got there (probably an understatement) with their GBBRs, but generally, they're improving, their UMP after a few fix is entirely gamable, and so far I'm hearing good things about the MP7 from friends who play with them in Hong Kong.

becoz am airsoft

There's no such thing as a gun that won't fit any holsters in this day and age of endless companies making entirely custom kydex or leather products.  The real thing also uses a proprietary baseplate to link two bog standard magazines, so the airsoft version would presumably do the same.

I'd have one, doubly so if it used TM mags.  Get some crazy *albatross* custom grips from VZ and there you go, one *fruitcage* sweet airsoft gun.  I do thoroughly enjoy rocking up to a game in gucci-cam and a plate carrier, all the gear stereotypes, then rolling out some crazy *albatross* gun that doesn't fit the loadout in the slightest, so this would be perfect.  If they do the double-barreled AR as well I'll be in *fruitcage* heaven.

If it takes two separate TM design magazines and it works well enough then I am game for a laugh.

Also just read the little caption above how Cybergun offer a wide range of 'high end airsoft' products for realistic force on force training in that link.

You can just lick my *albatross* Cybergun. <_<

'FireKnife'

er.. wut?

Their rifles have a lacklustre reputation but the M&P compact and the Stark (VFC) Glocks are all perfectly good.  At least KWA standard in my experience, if not better.

Yes indeed sir.

I guess they don't get any VFC GBB pistols over there in canada.

either that or he can check on the left. :D

If it's inokatsu, chances are the internals are based of KJW. Not that it's a bad thing , but not 2K worth.

Well, it had to happen eventually.

Let me know when they make the "volley" ak47 so I can hide under a rock and pretend it never happened.

Although, given how GBBs work it will need to have linked hammers or valve knockers otherwise it will only fire one barrel properly.

I too am asking why though.

Cybergun a company that sometimes seems to have the paranormal ability to pull licenses out of thin air. A company who no doubt have lawyers somewhere working on getting the rights to the wheel and sliced bread. A company with the help of satan have rebranded a tonne of guns. With all the pistols without an airsoft equivalent that would sell like hot cakes. They have chosen this, which wont have a huge market.

why because they can, and they still have plenty of money to waste.

Don't get me wrong I think it is a neat idea, if properly executed (Quality to price ratio). And so far the M&P9c falls into that category. Everything else, not so much.

er.. wut?

Their rifles have a lacklustre reputation but the M&P compact and the Stark (VFC) Glocks are all perfectly good.  At least KWA standard in my experience, if not better.

my experience with VFC M&P was very lacklustre with mushy feeling recoil and operation, and the glock was absolute *suitcase*, not even gonna mention all the terrible rifles they built, IMO the ONLY thing VFC can do right is make gun externals, IMO even VFC AEGs are overpriced junk with a nice body,

yes, thats EXACTLY what I said

if youre just going to twist my words around im not even going to bother

I simply mentioned two specific cases

the dozens of brand new VFC AEGs at games with burned out motors or trigger contacts or shattered pistons dont count i guess

of the 4 guys i know of who have VFC GBBRs locally (I know of two mp5s, and an UMP, cant remember which model the other guy had), all of whom have brought them to games Ive been at, none of whom have actually been able to game them all day, they end up bashing up the nozzle or hopup rubber, or tearing the mag seals, or breaking the mag output valves completely, the vfc gbbs just seem to fall apart

I suppose the answer is along the lines of " 'Murica ".

If Cybergun gave up on all their strangleholds and only controlled monstrosities like this one, I think most of us would applaud, but no, they decide to spend trademark money on this instead of more Scrooge McDuck-style money vaults.

Can someone explain to me the concept behind such gun?  I just fail to see it.

You know those people that argue on YT that .45ACP is still not enough to put a guy on his *albatross* in one shot?

Well I am sure two will do the job, planted all of a centimetre or two apart.

As for airsoft no reason, but then we have shotguns that function as long range rifles and dress up like tits so much of what we do is as daft as this gun. By that logic it thus has a place :P.

Now renegadecow get the leatherwork ready, I can see myself needing a holster for this if it is any good and comes in non-Cybergun 'covered in text' form :D.

'FireKnife'

Archived