TM RECOIL HK417

DeltaZero

Danish law says app 425fps

so around 410-415ffp

but will admit I would demand some sort of upgrade of the recoil engine as well

but that is where it get a bit expensive....

Not looking for high rof but would like it to be solid built

Do you have experince with any of the recoil upfrades?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't get TM. Why are they still trying to force their *suitcasey* nihm battery on us? In fact even among nihm batteries their quick change one is bad. Im pretty(correct me if Im wrong) sure even in Japan most people use LiPos.

They invested a ton into designing that battery system and the whole recoil line so im guessing they just want people to keep using them - they must make a ton of money  selling those ridiculously expensive batteries. Even though its *fruitcage* annoying, from a business standpoint it wont affect their cult following in Japan.

Its kind of like Apple. They insist on using their pretentious "lighting" charger which is unique to their phones instead of being like any other manufacturer and using a micro USB. The money is good though so they keep doing it !

Edit: Might as well chuck this in the same post. New vid of one im guessing hair triggered modded w/ 11.1v or a BTC Spectre/ other recoil Mosfet...

Yes, this pleases Mikhail.

Interesting, just like the TM SEAL Recce Rifle, at 5:40 we can see him removing an outer barrel extension to reveal a shorter inner barrel; when you check the TM Recoil Shock's section of the site now, when you click on the HK417 you'll get a new promotion page which also shows their new scope on the 417:

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/electric/nextgeneration/396PR/

However, on the TM HK417's regular page (which was on the site before the current promotional version) they do mention the HK417's variants on various occasions:

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/electric/nextgeneration/396

Excerpt translated with Google:

"HK417 to have several variations on barrel length and rail hand guard. Above all, the "16 inches barrel & Long rail" version of the easy powerful form to use as sniper model, we model up as a next-generation electric gun."

Right at the end of the page, on the product info table you can click on an option to the right which displays real steel information:

"Barrel length of HK417 exist three types of 12, 16, 20 inches, since replacement is easy, making it possible to cover the range from distance to a battle rifle sniper rifle."

tl;dr

Possible 12" Assaulter CQB variant with a short outer barrel extension and shorter rail handguard (which is slightly different than the HK416 one's) later on?

The Barrel system and gas block is nice - splits into two parts and looks reallly well made, as does the rail.

Because of the longer rail, I wasn't expecting it to be a two piece barrel a la the Recce Rifle.

I wonder how these Next Generation TM guns would fare with a 20 inch outer barrel and a long inner barrel setup (no doubt there would have to be a few changes in the gearbox's air department).

The combination of the excellent hop-up with a very long inner barrel would be very interesting to see.

Might as well chuck this in the same post. New vid of one im guessing hair triggered modded w/ 11.1v or a BTC Spectre/ other recoil Mosfet...

From that video's extended description it has (Google translated for the Japanese parts):

"BTC Spectre FET for Next-gen V2 gearbox

WII-TECH enhanced high-speed piston for next generation

WII-TECH piston head for next generation

Turnigy nano-tech 7.4V 2000mAh Lipo battery

and "other adjustments""

Excellent trigger response on a 7,4.

What do we think - does it look like it's got a larger buffer tube than the HK416 does (i.e., like the real HK417)? I think it does. Does that mean a heavier recoil weight? Or is it the same weight inside a tube with thicker walls?

Well people seem to not mind me bombing this thread with tons of Japanese YT vids so i may as well keep going...

Puresilver, at 2:52 in the below video MachSakai shows us a buffer tube comparison - the HK417 is clearly thicker than the HK416.

tl;dr

Possible 12" Assaulter CQB variant with a short outer barrel extension and shorter rail handguard (which is slightly different than the HK416 one's) later on?

I think you are right - especially as the many videos, including the one below, describe this as being an ear;y variant HK417 - I.E. Marui have decided to replicate the early 417's this time around - im guessing with the amount of seal fanboys in Japan, they will almost certainly make the modern variant in the end as well!

I think you are right - especially as the many videos, including the one below, describe this as being an ear;y variant HK417 - I.E. Marui have decided to replicate the early 417's this time around - im guessing with the amount of seal fanboys in Japan, they will almost certainly make the modern variant in the end as well!

¿Have SEALs or any other US forces ever used the HK417 in service? I can only think of the one in Zero Dark Thirty, but in reality they seem to use the SR25/SCAR-H family. This TM with the 16" barrel and long handguard, seems ideal to recreate the used by other countries (France, NZ..),  but not the newer G28 models.

¿Have SEALs or any other US forces ever used the HK417 in service? I can only think of the one in Zero Dark Thirty, but in reality they seem to use the SR25/SCAR-H family. This TM with the 16" barrel and long handguard, seems ideal to recreate the used by other countries (France, NZ..),  but not the newer G28 models.

I have no idea - i should have been more specific - i meant like the special ops/tacticool obsession. I really dont know alot about the military i just know that airsofters love copying them for the pew pew

Both the MK17 and HK417 are in use within NSW. As far as I am aware, the 417 is only used by devgru/st6.

Are you sure? I mean I'm sure they've tested it, but all the supposed HK417 photos in US servicemen hands "in the wild" I've seen were actually guys from other countries (AUS, NZ, SAS...) or gun range testing/publicity photos. Could you give me a link or more info?

Puresilver, at 2:52 in the below video MachSakai shows us a buffer tube comparison - the HK417 is clearly thicker than the HK416.

Well, on the one hand - hurray for realism and the possibility that it has a larger and heavier recoil weight in that thicker buffer tube. Has anyone seen a takedown of this gun that shows the recoil weight and answers definitively whether or not it's the same as the other AR15 Recoil Shocks'?

On the other hand, boo for not being able to fit the ARS buffer tube, which is a prerequisite for fitting a custom-made recoil weight.

"Mark Owen" said explicitly that he and his unit used HK417s (involved in both ops), but there is not a single photo avaliable with one.

In Captain Phillips the SEALs use a HK417, but the real photos avaliable they show a 416 with a 20rnd magazine otherwise setup as a sniping gun like the one in the movie. The HK417 in Zero Dark Thirty seems identical and was probably provided by the same prop company.

Maybe it's true, but 417 are not exactly a secret weapon, SEALs are notorious media whor...darlings, and there are a ziilion of photos of these guys which always show SCAR-H or SR25 variants as their chosen modern 7.62 platform.

Archived