WE GBBR Thompson

aaron2310

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like most of the VFC bashing is about their other guns besides the AR styles... I can definitely see why. All the videos I've seen of VFC UMPs G36s MP5s etc. have shown performance. My opinion on their AR pattern guns still stands though. It's about as good as it gets and you can get one for as low as $280 for christ sakes. Spend a couple of bucks for a real steel buffer or anything else to get rid of the bolt bounce. And if you really want to real steel triggers and selectors drop right in for about $40. Everything else is already pretty good steel besides the bolt but even that comes reinforced with steel bolt stop bearing surface and it's still the cheapest M4 BCG to replace I've seen at $17. It also already comes with adjustable FPS. There's very little else you need to do.

Seems like most of the VFC bashing is about their other guns besides the AR styles... I can definitely see why. All the videos I've seen of VFC UMPs G36s MP5s etc. have shown ###### performance. My opinion on their AR pattern guns still stands though. It's about as good as it gets and you can get one for as low as $280 for christ sakes. Spend a couple of bucks for a real steel buffer or anything else to get rid of the bolt bounce. And if you really want to real steel triggers and selectors drop right in for about $40. Everything else is already pretty good steel besides the bolt but even that comes reinforced with steel bolt stop bearing surface and it's still the cheapest M4 BCG to replace I've seen at $17. It also already comes with adjustable FPS. There's very little else you need to do.

I have had mates come to me with their problematic VFC MP5s, now they swear by it.  Stock nozzles can be made to not break, their recoil and float valve springs can be tuned their bolt carrier wear issue prevented, front sight alignment corrected and accuracy enhanced with a VSR mod.  

VFC M4s are still an issue at times but again; firing pin housing mods, VSR hop mod, anti bolt bounce buffer, v2 mags, and the guns are better than every AR15 GBB platform to date from realism to reliability.  Just a shame they don't have an A1/XM177E2 receiver I ended up getting a WE, though keeping their VFC417.

I have had no experience with the MP7 or G36, so can't say much.

But yeah I thought thread was about the WE thompson...LOL  Much anticipated release.  

Though one thing is that my WE SIG has reached its used by period its doing funny things, their pistols are still a bit iffy... 

• 3 weeks later...

Going back to the early stuff in this thread if they get a sterling or sten to work it opens up about 10-15 tube gun smgs that would be amazing from a coolness pov knowing that they have a working tube gun could get use an s&w m76, a post war tube gun mp40, a ppsh a tec9 all sorts of tube gun/basic open bolt smgs

Plus with a drum developed for the Thompson we could see something new in mag tech. I want a magpul d60 and the tommy gun could get me there.

Itd be nice to see GBB versions of some of the tube guns from the 50s and 60s. You wouldnt think any would be popular enough to make other then ww2 ones. But this is WE were talking about. They seem to just make whatever catches their fancy, logic be damned.

So hey I'll just throw in my 2 cents and say they should make a Vigneron M2. The sleekest of all tube guns.

Archived