Lee Enfield coming

Kye

http://ww2aa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board...5172&page=1

I'm a mod over there so here ya go- This was his original thread discussing his build process, a lot of pictures to educate yourself about the product.

There are Cushman bits used, if you are familiar with their paintball products.....

Slainte!

I was half way pulling my hair out of my skull while screaming "At least leave me the dignity to finish the one I'm making first" then I read they're making the No. 4 Mk 1 with a price of over $400. Stopped pulling, I'm making the No. 1 Mk 3 SMLE. And I haven't got $400.

While I'm not trashing this particular Enfield, if a collector really wishes to have a spot on No. 4 made of real wood and has money to burn then he'd more than likely buy the one made by Shoot'n'Scoot http://shootnscoot.co.uk/

edit: or if you're a cheap but resourceful person, you'd likely build one yourself. Even with real components installed for most of the embellishments, its a straight forward, moderately affordable project.

VSR based, yuck!

The bolt is far too small on the real Lee Enfield to have the spring and all that, plus its not possible to make it field strip like the real one, you'd break the VSR trigger mech!

Still..... i am very interested. I can probably find some RS wood (reconditioned probably best, wouldn't waste the mint stuff)

This may be my next purchase... along with the STEN coming soon!

Webley next plz!

i cant see this being great to be honest, i dont think you couuld make the gun feel that good using a bar10 and just modding it.

ive got the shoot and scoot no.4 smle,which i love but it isnt with out its problems and it cost alot.

im planning on having it convered to a vsr,as its aps2 based,

if you realy want a lee enfield, i would realy consider the shoot and scoot,its the nicest rifle i have in terms of look and feel

Hmm I could spend $450 on this airsoft SMLE or I could go to the local gun shop and pick up a real one for $199......no contest.

Have fun shooting your friends with the real one...

Seriously, not only does this argument get old, but simple economics demonstrates that a limited run product with very few numbers produced is going to be more expensive than something that is mass produced by the hundreds of thousands (if not millions).

I don't know why some of you folks are so down on this this. If you don't like it feel free not to purchase it.

Rather than complaining about the price or bashing the product's specs (Oh noez! iz made from BAR10!) why don't you offer some constructive feedback or give the guy an electronic pat on the back for doing something that most of us could not pull off.

It does look decent and frankly the BAR isn't the worst set of internals to build it on - for the money you could get a decent shooting No4(T) or as stated, go to Shoot and Scoot. I spoke to Warren a couple of years back and he quoted me a whole heap of cash for a VSR-based No4 so basically.......pays your money, takes your choice.

Archived