WE Marui Desert Warrior clone

chas

WE's out of control lately. This gun looks pretty good, unlike their FDE MEUs, the only drawback beeing the lack of any markings on the slide. But WE is making new versions of their old 1911s with trademarks now, so we can still hope this one gets 'em.

Ever since the chinese started making decent GBBs, 98$ is a bit steep for me, but you get 2 mags. Nice.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/product_info....c2ft4rb8j09dfs5

Yep, that's the only bad thing about it, byut the sight seems detachable. I like how the bottom rail seems to be part of the frame and thus doesnt need the ugly screws. I think Marui was just lazy when they designed this gun and simply made a rail to fit on their 1911 frame.

Also, WE could have used hex-screws, wich look a lot better, IMO.

I think I may get this, instead of my original Full metal Warrior proyect, and simply have the slide engraved. Shouldnt be more than 30$ and I can get custom markings of my own.

If it's like most of their other 1911s, meh, mediocre performance and poor reliability on the whole, I mean, if ARMY can make a decent 1911, then So can you WE! Its also a pity they didn't do the rail Ala kimber- I.E, built into the frame, not a bolt on bit like the TM. It looks like it's cast on, so so doesn't make much sense, prob. another example of mfrs. not exactly understanding what they are copying.

HOWEVER

It could be the best thing since sliced head, so I'll wait for the review. If the firing mech is still hicapa based, I can see me getting one purely for the slide to go on my WE para-ord.

this is part of WE's 4th generation 1911 line. generation 3 came around with the recent tactical 1911s and then responsibility was given to WETTI and they revised it to generation 4 which start with this, the OD MEU and the KAC pistol.

gen 3 was good, gen 4 is only a little better, if you call a TBB and high flow valve better.

it comes with 2 mags because they are only 15 rounders thanks to the single stackness of the mags.

The very first WEs had some problems with the mags, but the current models don't. I have three guns now, four different mags and none of them leaks. One mag ist over a year old and it's still working fine. The valves are more or less standard anyway.

What they changed with the new WETTI guns is the gas flow. I have yet to test, whether this results in less shots from one gas charge, but it works very consistent. I usually don't post results from my reviews beforehand, but since the review will be in German I make an exception... ;)

Gun                   V01   V02   V03   V04     V0    Joule
WE 1911 M.E.U         85,7  83,1  81,7  81,7    83,0  0,69
WE 1911 "KnightHawk"  91,9  91,9  88,9  89,0    90,4  0,82

(Tested with chrony M1 at 17°C, speed measured in m/s)

As you can see, the new Megaflow system is more consistent in power and a little bit stronger.

Price, 2 mags and ful metal.

Cant speak for WA, but as for TM: trademarks, more reliable, more gas efficient, more accurate (although this WE is said to have a tightbore barrel), snappier blowback action (mostly because of the much lighter plastic slide).

WA doesnt make and will naver make this model.

Archived