ESS Profile turbo fan clones

Burke

Here they are at ebaybanned http://www.ebairsoft.com/power-airsoft-goggles-p-2795.html

goggle.th.jpg

They look like OEMs to me, if you compare the ESS pics the shape is the smae, the lense are same (who knows if these are ansi rated) and strap attatchment points are the same and the batteyr box is the same -sans logo. These are 1/4 of the price of new ESS Turbofans. I jumped, cant wait to egt them and swap out for ESS lense.

If you get them, definitely swap out the lenses for real ESS lenses like you said. So long as the real lenses mount correctly, that's the most important thing in protecting your eyes. Let us know how the quality is.

Edit: Jond36, are you talking about these ESS Goggles? The ones that protect your nose were only recently developed specifically for airsoft. The ones Burke is showing are indeed clones of the ESS Profile NVG Goggles. Not just the fan itself.

I can wear glasses under my Profiles....

Dunno whats up with the battery, Im just hoping these will work half decently. Dealing with the florida Humidity and trying to wear prescription glasses just sucks is a pain.....

I also have the RX insert for the ESS Profiles so when I post back Ill let you know if that fits as well.

I would be wary. I believe these are made by "V-tech"

I recently purchased another set of Vtech Fan goggles with faceguard from Evike and

they are so bad that I will never be able to use them. They fit so terribly I have not idea who's

head they could have possible molded them for perhaps a cro-magnon. And the materials are total ######.

I would go for the real deal goggles. You get what you pay for!

If you get them, definitely swap out the lenses for real ESS lenses like you said. So long as the real lenses mount correctly, that's the most important thing in protecting your eyes. Let us know how the quality is.

Edit: Jond36, are you talking about these ESS Goggles? The ones that protect your nose were only recently developed specifically for airsoft. The ones Burke is showing are indeed clones of the ESS Profile NVG Goggles. Not just the fan itself.

Ohhh. I miss read somewhere. I was thinking he said they were the ESS "AIRSOFT" model goggles cloned. :mellow: They do resemble the NVG profile, but the NVG goggles I have seen don't have that fan.

That and keep in mind ESS is on something of a price gouging trip.

This whole "Airsoft design" version of their goggles is a load of ######. They added the minimum in materials and cost to a set of goggles they could: an extra bit of rubber/plastic at the bottom to "protect" your nose, and then jacked the prices up on their goggles by 40%.

ESS Profiles USED to sell for $105-$125. Now they list at $170. Exact same goggle. Meanwhile their airsoft line has been introduced.......

And remember for a good solid year before they pulled that cack move they were asking customers what they were going to use their goggles for. It was a well known fact not to answer airsoft to them or they're cancel your order. (And it wasnt for protection sake)

So right now ESS the company is on my *suitcase* list, even though I live by their goggles. I will be watching these clones closely.

Lastly, its not a clone of their Profile model, its a clone of their earlier design, as least the goggle shape (the "striker" or something like that)

That and keep in mind ESS is on something of a price gouging trip.

This whole "Airsoft design" version of their goggles is a load of ######. They added the minimum in materials and cost to a set of goggles they could: an extra bit of rubber/plastic at the bottom to "protect" your nose, and then jacked the prices up on their goggles by 40%.

ESS Profiles USED to sell for $105-$125. Now they list at $170. Exact same goggle. Meanwhile their airsoft line has been introduced.......

And remember for a good solid year before they pulled that cack move they were asking customers what they were going to use their goggles for. It was a well known fact not to answer airsoft to them or they're cancel your order. (And it wasnt for protection sake)

So right now ESS the company is on my *suitcase* list, even though I live by their goggles. I will be watching these clones closely.

Lastly, its not a clone of their Profile model, its a clone of their earlier design, as least the goggle shape (the "striker" or something like that)

Ans its been said several times but I will say it again, ACM eye pro is something I would seriously think twice about buying. Plus the real ESS have some great features like the RX inserts and all the upgradable lenses available. I got the thermal lenses in mine and they are just awesome! Got my profile turbo fans about 2 years ago for $150, and prices are about the same still.

Ans its been said several times but I will say it again, ACM eye pro is something I would seriously think twice about buying. Plus the real ESS have some great features like the RX inserts and all the upgradable lenses available. I got the thermal lenses in mine and they are just awesome! Got my profile turbo fans about 2 years ago for $150, and prices are about the same still.

I agree, the only way I would ever pick these up is if ESS lenses could be swapped in, seeing as how I have a pair of land ops goggles with a JT fan affixed I may spring for a pair.

Im willing to pay extra for quality, and if its protecting my eyes, well I'm willing to spend for the ol eyesight, its quite important.

I agree, the only way I would ever pick these up is if ESS lenses could be swapped in, seeing as how I have a pair of land ops goggles with a JT fan affixed I may spring for a pair.

Im willing to pay extra for quality, and if its protecting my eyes, well I'm willing to spend for the ol eyesight, its quite important.

Which is funny because the frame holds the lenses in, and if the frame is utter ######, it doesnt matter if you have 30 feet of plastic hanging there, the risk of the lense popping out or the frame failing leaves you exposed to BB strikes to the face and eyes.

Which is funny because the frame holds the lenses in, and if the frame is utter ######, it doesnt matter if you have 30 feet of plastic hanging there, the risk of the lense popping out or the frame failing leaves you exposed to BB strikes to the face and eyes.

Well if the frames are designed the same way as the ESS goggles are, then there definitely isn't going to be a way for the lenses to "pop out". And I'm fairly certain that ESS frames are nothing special, just some molded PVC plastic.

I think the frame failing is the last thing you need to worry about unless it just simply hasn't been designed well, in which case we know that the ESS lenses will not fit.

The ESS frames are rubber. Again, nothing special. In fact nothing on the ESS goggle is special nor warrants the $170 pricetag. And let me re-iterate I used ESS goggles, and have for 7 years. But nothing warrants their 30% price increase this year except greed. Which occured exactly when their airsoft "cortex-clip" "bargain" line was released, coincindentally exactly at the old pricepoint of the standard ESS goggle line. "Cortex clip" - what a pile of marketing ###### that is. Any engineer can look at that, then look at their standard line, and within 2 seconds and see its a $$$ ploy. It does nothing. (And I know what they "say" it does.)

BS like that opens them up to competition. And they deserve stiff competition. Wether or not this clone turns out to be a viable alternative, I will continue to keep my eye open for choices.

Sadly, company behavior like this is typical for American companies. Its why they start out great and end up *suitcase*. I try not to reward blatant corporate greed.

The ESS frames are rubber. Again, nothing special. In fact nothing on the ESS goggle is special nor warrants the $170 pricetag. And let me re-iterate I used ESS goggles, and have for 7 years. But nothing warrants their 30% price increase this year except greed. Which occured exactly when their airsoft "cortex-clip" "bargain" line was released, coincindentally exactly at the old pricepoint of the standard ESS goggle line. "Cortex clip" - what a pile of marketing ###### that is. Any engineer can look at that, then look at their standard line, and within 2 seconds and see its a $$ ploy. It does nothing. (And I know what they "say" it does.)

BS like that opens them up to competition. And they deserve stiff competition. Wether or not this clone turns out to be a viable alternative, I will continue to keep my eye open for choices.

Sadly, company behavior like this is typical for American companies. Its why they start out great and end up *suitcase*. I try not to reward blatant corporate greed.

You keep talking about this 30% price increase as your basis for all this blabber, I checked numerous sites and the prices have not changed in 2+ years since I have owned ESS Profile Turbofans. They launched a new product, and I don't know first hand how much they spent on R&D, manufacturing changes & marketing to launch this product line (not to mention carrying costs on the capital for the new line) and the final product pricing is a decision left to be made by the business and not some Monday morning quarterback. And let's not forgot ESS is a military grade goggle manufacturer, not some ACM ###### with god knows what kind of quality control. And the only stiff competition ESS needs to worry about is military contracts (ESS's bread and butter), what does EBB knock off *suitcase* have to do with that?

The #### you checked sites. $125 from Opticsplanet (according to the receipt i'm looking at in my hand) from 4/08. $162 today.

Other sites comparable.

Its not blabber, its math.

As for the rest - you can bet ESS will make a good chunk of change off the airsoft market, % of revenue - if not more than their GSS sales - and have mentioned such to several vendors in our area. As for R&D costs - those are typically recouped by the new product line, not an unchanged existing one. At least in scrupulous businesses. I agree it wasnt done by some monday morning quarterback. They surely considered their price increase. And I explained why I think its ######.

Can an ACM goggle of admittedly lower quality provide them some competition in the airsoft market? You bet your *albatross* they can. Last I checked .2g plastic bb's weren't remotely close to real combat hazards. Everyone chooses what they want for safety: Some look at all alternatives, others glom onto a brand and stick to it to the grave as they take it in the *albatross* on price...

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about ESS the company. Their goggles are the best. Their civilian business practices are shadey.

If you want to go on sucking their corporate cock you go right ahead, that's your right. I'm out of this thread. You go ahead and post whatever yammering you want about it.

Archived